--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
GH wrote:@bearhead: Sounds like a really good intro for something>

Agreed, I'm there sitting, waiting for this dusty Dilla style beat to drop and Doseone to rhyme a few.

Friendly Stranger
phpBB [media]

Just finished this Album

Cheers
LK

Friendly Stranger
And I just literally finished these up

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Happy Cycler
you should post more and make yourself known as a person before you start shoving your music down our throats.
If you even come back I'll be surprised.

Anyway, I don't have time to listen to your full album thingy so I'm going through those soundcloud clips.

the first one was decent enough, the depth of sound you created was really nice, melody could have been a bit more engaging though. I liked how expansive it was.
Second mimicked BoC so hard I had to stop it, I prefer BoC to do their sound, not someone else.
I mean I'll admit out of the countless BoC copycats I've heard, this is part of the more convincing ones.

But where's your sound, what are you bringing to music? Why are you doing music at all if you just want to retread someone elses footsteps? Sure, you might enjoy making it, but are people going to listen when there's someone better doing the exact same sound?

Friendly Stranger
Blimey.

Friendly Stranger
The Telepathic Kid wrote:you should post more and make yourself known as a person before you start shoving your music down our throats.
If you even come back I'll be surprised.

Anyway, I don't have time to listen to your full album thingy so I'm going through those soundcloud clips.

the first one was decent enough, the depth of sound you created was really nice, melody could have been a bit more engaging though. I liked how expansive it was.
Second mimicked BoC so hard I had to stop it, I prefer BoC to do their sound, not someone else.
I mean I'll admit out of the countless BoC copycats I've heard, this is part of the more convincing ones.

But where's your sound, what are you bringing to music? Why are you doing music at all if you just want to retread someone elses footsteps? Sure, you might enjoy making it, but are people going to listen when there's someone better doing the exact same sound?

I appreciate your warm welcome to this forum, it was actually a long time member which posted my album on another
Thread and I just signed up because I thought people here might enjoy my music.

I apologize for shoving my ripoff copycat music down your throat
Maybe if you took some time to listen instead of reacting you may actually like something I wrote
Then again maybe not.

Thanks for the feedback regardless
LK

Telepathic Kid, that last post is frankly unnecessarily grumpy. What's the matter? Get out if bed in the wrong side or something? Seriously..

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Lovekrafty wrote:I appreciate your warm welcome to this forum, it was actually a long time member which posted my album on another

Maybe if you took some time to listen instead of reacting you may actually like something I wrote
Then again maybe not.

LK

I apologise, I've just got a bit of a low tolerance level to people who start posting their music as soon as they join because I'm an old fogie.
I don't mean to be an asshole, but as I've been here for a while I've seen maaany people come in and out just dropping off their half assed music and then jetting, hoping to get a few more hits on soundcloud.
I seriously thought you'd be like a bot and not even return.

The BoC sound thing is entirely me, and but if you enjoy making the music you make, then please don't let me stop you. I'm just one boring and angry loser behind a computer desk, there's many people who like what you do and will want to hear more.
And like I said, I even thought it was pretty good, just a bit too samey samey.

Anyway, I just hope my stupid nonsense hasn't pushed you away, I hope you'll return, the rest of the people here are much more nicer than me.

~~~~~

Hendrik - Corkphantom: I don't know what to think about this one, it was definitely interesting. The schizophrenic rhythm and off time synths made it ... I dunno, it was catchy but also very disorientating. I can't really tell you if I thought it was good or not because it just kinda overloaded my senses.
Stars up the Iris: The overblown sound worked with this one, the huge chorus synths worked as a nice backdrop for this techno ... it's a banger, I have no other word for it, this techno banger. I really liked that transition and the change in the percussion around the one minute mark. The way the lead went all over the place while the background synths stayed pretty static was a really nice touch, too. It was like one and a half, two minutes of solo over a pretty gnarly beat. I liked this one a lot.

Edit: I'm not denying I was an asshole! I was wrong, I'll take my penance.
That moment when you alienate the three people on this board who still put up with your antics.

Thanks TTK. Appreciate that reply man ;-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9761645/stars_up_the_iris.mp3
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/976 ... HANTOM.mp3

CORKPHANTOM KICKS ASS

Friendly Stranger
The Telepathic Kid wrote:
Lovekrafty wrote:I appreciate your warm welcome to this forum, it was actually a long time member which posted my album on another

Then again maybe not.

LK

I apologise, I've just got a bit of a low tolerance level to people who start posting their music as soon as they join because I'm an old fogie.
I don't mean to be an asshole, but as I've been here for a while I've seen maaany people come in and out just dropping off their half assed music and then jetting, hoping to get a few more hits on soundcloud.
I seriously thought you'd be like a bot and not even return.

The BoC sound thing is entirely me, and but if you enjoy making the music you make, then please don't let me stop you. I'm just one boring and angry loser behind a computer desk, there's many people who like what you do and will want to hear more.
And like I said, I even thought it was pretty good, just a bit too samey samey.

Anyway, I just hope my stupid nonsense hasn't pushed you away, I hope you'll return, the rest of the people here are much more nicer than me.

~~~~~

Hendrik - Corkphantom: I don't know what to think about this one, it was definitely interesting. The schizophrenic rhythm and off time synths made it ... I dunno, it was catchy but also very disorientating. I can't really tell you if I thought it was good or not because it just kinda overloaded my senses.
Stars up the Iris: The overblown sound worked with this one, the huge chorus synths worked as a nice backdrop for this techno ... it's a banger, I have no other word for it, this techno banger. I really liked that transition and the change in the percussion around the one minute mark. The way the lead went all over the place while the background synths stayed pretty static was a really nice touch, too. It was like one and a half, two minutes of solo over a pretty gnarly beat. I liked this one a lot.

Edit: I'm not denying I was an asshole! I was wrong, I'll take my penance.
That moment when you alienate the three people on this board who still put up with your antics.

No worries man, I understand how people can get a bit territorial over their long time forums.
It was a long time member that turned me onto this forum.

FYI I,ve been a BOC fan since the late 90's I,m not just a fly by night guy looking for souncloud hits
They are nice to have but that's not why I write music.

I,ve been a long time analog synth guy for many years, I have a large collection
Of vintage synths and I just love that vintage old tape sound.

I tend to spend most of my forum time over at gearslutz , where my music has been met with a lot of positivity
On a recent BOC sound techniques thread, so it just made sense to pop over here.

Maybe too soon too fast, I don,t know I really did not saturate this forum with my music.

Thanks for the apology, I was a bit bummed out yesterday by your response.
I checked out your soundcloud, you have some pretty cool retro chopped beats happening.

Anyway lets move forward I am a member on here now, and I,m not interested in generating
Negativity, life's too short

Cheers

Happy Cycler
With a cousin of mine, context unfinished.

Also, I don't think he's really active on Soundcloud anymore so Polar Sky: if you see this, I still want to do that split with you.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Sherbet Head
To be fair to TTK, he's one of the very very few who actually goes to the trouble of listening to music posted in this thread by users so new that they've not made a post anywhere else in the forum yet.

He may also (kinda justifiably in my opinion) make his feelings known on the idea of users making such posts, but anybody making music & posting on forums knows that a little flack is to be expected if you sign up to a music forum and say here's my music, cheerio in your first post.

The bottom line is TTK regularly listens to the music in this thread & offers constructive criticism regardless, while most other users ignore it. So I'm gonna take this opportunity to say thanks man, I appreciate it! :)

Boqurant
Hey guys, long time no post, hope everyone is doing well.

I wanted to share a track from my project Beach Babes, been working on material for a debut release about a year now. I would love to get feedback on what some like minded individuals think. Here is a track called "Impossible Geometry".

https://soundcloud.com/officialbeachbabes/4-impossible-geometry-1/s-ioovC

Friendly Stranger
GH wrote:To be fair to TTK, he's one of the very very few who actually goes to the trouble of listening to music posted in this thread by users so new that they've not made a post anywhere else in the forum yet.

He may also (kinda justifiably in my opinion) make his feelings known on the idea of users making such posts, but anybody making music & posting on forums knows that a little flack is to be expected if you sign up to a music forum and say here's my music, cheerio in your first post.

The bottom line is TTK regularly listens to the music in this thread & offers constructive criticism regardless, while most other users ignore it. So I'm gonna take this opportunity to say thanks man, I appreciate it! :)

Understood , however the title of the thread is inviting people to post what they are working on.
So that's what I did, I apologize if I broke some unspoken rule on this forum.

Sherbet Head
Hey guys I'm the one who posted the Lovekrafty ghost thread in random sound. I really loved his technique and yes I've heard the copy cat boc stuff done to death. I really can get behind his album for several reasons, namely that it's engaging as a whole and not just for a few tracks and second some of the synth sounds are seriously deep and sweet. I thought some of you might be as engaged by it as I have been. Anyway thanks again TK for offering up an apology. I really hope LK sticks around he's a knowledgable guy with a great attitude.

Sherbet Head
@Lovekrafty:
No worries man, & there's no rule. It's one of my favourite threads in the whole forum, but it works best as a two way street. My comment was really just in support of somebody who helps keep the thread purposeful.

I'll be grabbing a listen to your album when I get a chance (on the back of sneaking a listen to that BoCesque track last night (I like the analog tone)). Stick around!

Friendly Stranger
Cheers mate, will do, sorry guys if we got off on the wrong footing

If Lovekrafty gets an endorsement from Machinea then that's more than good enough for me. Good to see mutual respect to the fore. Well played all 8)

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound