--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity

Love those punchy drums :) you've got me nodding my head to this one

Nova Scotia Robot
Techboy wrote:http://hosting.earthshine.it/~mark/the-honest-dentist.mp3

i was really bored last night. the track name makes me laugh

This is really nice. Simple and effectively good. Nice work. 8)

Telepath

I like this allot. The gating sounds nice. The kicks could have been a bit rougher/more prominent to fill in those gates and give it more punch, but a certain type. Maybe try to make your own bass-kick with a single sinewave and some pitch/volume enveloping (fun fact: this can be done in audacity with a generated chirp and some effects). Also, the voice catched me off-guard, a very pleasant suprise but dont be afraid to write more then 3 words and sing it with full lungs, passion and without fear. Could also use some more sub bass at some parts. The kind you can only feel.

Eagle Minded
I experimented with VHS recently and got something nice out of it. https://soundcloud.com/polyphasix/open-wires-alternate

Eagle Minded
That was cool. I liked that whirring sound running all the way though. Was that an actual recording of the VHS itself? I also liked the way I could hear indistinct melodies just in the background, as if they'd bled through from another tape or something. Reminded me of Pye Corner Audio.

Eagle Minded
FortonServices wrote:That was cool. I liked that whirring sound running all the way though. Was that an actual recording of the VHS itself? I also liked the way I could hear indistinct melodies just in the background, as if they'd bled through from another tape or something. Reminded me of Pye Corner Audio.

Thanks! And yeah, it's raw input from the vhs tape with some input noise due to low quality cables.

Eagle Minded
Cupz wrote:

I like this allot. The gating sounds nice. The kicks could have been a bit rougher/more prominent to fill in those gates and give it more punch, but a certain type. Maybe try to make your own bass-kick with a single sinewave and some pitch/volume enveloping (fun fact: this can be done in audacity with a generated chirp and some effects). Also, the voice catched me off-guard, a very pleasant suprise but dont be afraid to write more then 3 words and sing it with full lungs, passion and without fear. Could also use some more sub bass at some parts. The kind you can only feel.

Thanks for the advice!

IDK, one of those songs I thought people would like but didn't turn out that way - barely any good feedback at all. Maybe the drunker I got the better it sounded only to me?

phpBB [media]

Telepath
lyst wrote:IDK, one of those songs I thought people would like but didn't turn out that way - barely any good feedback at all. Maybe the drunker I got the better it sounded only to me?

Welcome to my world.

Telepath
https://soundcloud.com/flamingopudding/zoeven

Can't remember if I posted this before, but I'm still working on it. Its dutch sorry!

Telepath

Eagle Minded
That was excellent! I loved the vocal-sounding synth (I assume it was a synth?) that came in about halfway through. And there's a nice payoff near the end when it changes then goes back to the original chord progression. I'll be sure to check out more of your stuff in the next few days.

Dayvan Cowboy
some randomized mod stuff and a hacky vid

phpBB [media]

[how does one get a preview image to show up for a youtube vid? ]

For YouTube etc, you need to use the Media bbcode, found within the full editor. I can only access it from my PC, not my phone. If you get stuck, give me a yell later.

EDIT: I took a punt and did it for you ;-)

Slow down...

Telepath
that baby is scary

Telepath
phpBB [media]

some soundtrack stuff

Guys - you realise that Soundcloud works with the media BBCode too right?!?
I just tweaked Cupz message above to demonstrate!

(let me know if you'd like it put back how it was Cupz) ;-)

Slow down...

Telepath
oh I dont mind, its just that my flash plugin won't update so I cant see them, but thats selfish thinking. -_-

Eagle Minded
Michna - Solid Gold feat. MNDR (mylamine's weeping willow remix)
http://play.beatport.com/contests/michn ... 78e118be7b

Eagle Minded
Cupz wrote:
phpBB [media]

some soundtrack stuff

Loved this, the build ups are great.

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound