Kyle Bobby Dunn (when good artists go bad)

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Valotonin wrote:Might want to delete my last post to ensure that it does, if you feel that it would be a good call.
Loosely based on what the best course of action is in Kyle's case, but it was straying off course and will just attract off topic replies and the thread will find its self somewhere unrelated.

Plus I see a potential politics storm brewing and I don't want to be the cause of or involved in that.

Nah, all good. Just a reminder ;-)

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
I’ve never really understood his music, honestly. All his songs sound the same to me.

Do you like other similar artists? Curious :-)

Good to see you back btw.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
I love Oneohtrix Point Never's music up to Returnal, as well as the albums Soliloquy for Lilith by Nurse With Wound, Owl Splinters by Deaf Center, Black Sea by Fennesz, and Aphex Twin's SAW II. Those all seem relatively similar to me, but the difference is that the tracks all have unique timbral and rhythmic identities that make them recognizable and set them aside from other drone releases.

I haven't listened to any full album by KBD, but I remember listening to Infinite Sadness back when it came out, and played several tracks from throughout his career upon seeing this thread, and I couldn't tell that they were recorded in different sessions, let alone different years. I like ambient music, but there's so much out there and it's so easy to make that it needs more than different chord progressions to make it interesting to listen to.

I recall having a similar experience with Stars of the Lid. Maybe I just don't like stuff to be too mellow.

Thanks for the welcome. I took a break from secular music for a while and have been studying Orthodox liturgical chants, but now I am rediscovering the stuff I used to listen to, which has been great fun.

Previous

Return to This Random Sound