Setting the record straight on Eyesix

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Nova Scotia Robot
I'm pretty glad I'm still taking forever to finish an album project. Jason had asked me if I'd release something on his label a long time ago and I said "ya". Seems I dodged that whole situation. I'll always be nice to the guy, but I'm Canadian, so...

747Music wrote:I'm pretty glad I'm still taking forever to finish an album project. Jason had asked me if I'd release something on his label a long time ago and I said "ya". Seems I dodged that whole situation. I'll always be nice to the guy, but I'm Canadian, so...

Same. I do a heavy eye roll if someone brings him up now, but in my blogging days I tried to go above and beyond for some of the musicians on here, Eyesix included, so I have a soft spot for Jason before he went rogue.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:Claimed the bandcamp lololol.

you're a genius

COE, I bought both the albums you mentioned from Jason, so I've gone ahead and purchased them properly from your own bandcamp. If you post your own paypal address I'll send another tenner too (call it interest).

I guess now I just need to find out who wrote the other tunes I liked, I can probably safely assume it wasn't him at this point..

anyone want to claim this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=126MQ_az4OE

For the record, I DO believe some of the work was his own to begin with. I also believe the guy had genuine issues medically. However, I can't excuse what he did. He's ripped off friends of mine and blatantly lied about it. I don't wish him ill but nor can i necessarily forgive him.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Considering how many times this has happened, it's not unlikely that it'll happen again. I just don't understand what could motivate somebody to do this, it's awful.
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:For the record, I DO believe some of the work was his own to begin with. I also believe the guy had genuine issues medically. However, I can't excuse what he did. He's ripped off friends of mine and blatantly lied about it. I don't wish him ill but nor can i necessarily forgive him.

Tried to keep my mouth shut because all of this really has nothing to do with me except for the fact that I make music as a hobby as well and feel for these artists. But people were defending Eyesix before for the same reasons you are now, and I cannot believe you are defending him again. There's no "MEDICAL ISSUES" that force someone to steal other people's music and pawn them off as their own and make money off of it. Or tell artists you are going to release their music and pay them and then keep the money for yourself. I didn't believe these excuses the first time it came around and now just puts the nail in the coffin. Drugs or whatever.

I don't care if a couple of the tracks he made were his own. And by the amount of people that have came out, how do you truly know if they were his? He might just be good at digging up old IDM that nobody listens to and reprints it as his own.

Dayvan Cowboy
I remember way back in 2013 DaveJ was asking for a bit of help / inspiration with using Reason. As most of the Redpoint stuff was made in Reason, I sent him a couple of the RPS files for his stated favourite tracks. Naturally I'm now suspicious that his motives were less than honest.

I never checked over everything he was putting out so I've no idea if he ever "stole" them. However, nothing would surprise me now.

He also asked me to collaborate on some stuff around the same time but I never got around to it. Dodged a bullet there with hindsight.

lyst wrote:
Mexicola wrote:For the record, I DO believe some of the work was his own to begin with. I also believe the guy had genuine issues medically. However, I can't excuse what he did. He's ripped off friends of mine and blatantly lied about it. I don't wish him ill but nor can i necessarily forgive him.

Tried to keep my mouth shut because all of this really has nothing to do with me except for the fact that I make music as a hobby as well and feel for these artists. But people were defending Eyesix before for the same reasons you are now, and I cannot believe you are defending him again. There's no "MEDICAL ISSUES" that force someone to steal other people's music and pawn them off as their own and make money off of it. Or tell artists you are going to release their music and pay them and then keep the money for yourself. I didn't believe these excuses the first time it came around and now just puts the nail in the coffin. Drugs or whatever.

I don't care if a couple of the tracks he made were his own. And by the amount of people that have came out, how do you truly know if they were his? He might just be good at digging up old IDM that nobody listens to and reprints it as his own.

Suggest you read my post again. I am not defending him. Frankly I'm entirely pissed off.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
OK. A bit of googling for his stuff on YouTube led me to this track of "his" 'Soylent Green'...

https://youtu.be/L7G01-7KZuY

Which is basically the first half of the Redpoint track 'How To Remember'

https://soundcloud.com/redpoint/how-to-remember

Coincidentally, this was one of the tracks I innocently sent him the Reason RPS file for. What a cunt.

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:
lyst wrote:

Suggest you read my post again. I am not defending him. Frankly I'm entirely pissed off.

"For the record, I DO believe some of the work was his own to begin with. I also believe the guy had genuine issues medically." Two defenses for him. Then you try to qualifying it by saying it doesn't excuse what he did.

What I am saying is who cares if he had SOME of his own work (because honestly we have no way of knowing if it is his). And there are no Medical Issues that cause you to steal many people's music and screw many people over. Someone else said he may have been messed up on drugs or something, causing him to forget what he made and what he didn't. Bullshit. So he was high on drugs for years doing this over and over again? He knew exactly what he was doing.

lyst wrote:"For the record, I DO believe some of the work was his own to begin with. I also believe the guy had genuine issues medically." Two defenses for him. Then you try to qualifying it by saying it doesn't excuse what he did.

What I am saying is who cares if he had SOME of his own work (because honestly we have no way of knowing if it is his). And there are no Medical Issues that cause you to steal many people's music and screw many people over. Someone else said he may have been messed up on drugs or something, causing him to forget what he made and what he didn't. Bullshit. So he was high on drugs for years doing this over and over again? He knew exactly what he was doing.

Oh, sit down. The truth of the matter is some of his work was his own to begin with and he has genuine issues medically. Is stealing other people's music excusable? No. It's bullshit and I hi-fived Cupz for claiming the Bandcamp once it was shut down. But, are these excuses for him? Absolutely not. They're facts about him. I don't know if you were friends with him on his personal Facebook account anytime within the last two years or not, but for a while there I was genuinely concerned for his mental & physical health and overall wellness.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Dayvan Cowboy
2020k wrote:Oh, sit down. The truth of the matter is some of his work was his own to begin with and he has genuine issues medically. Is stealing other people's music excusable? No. It's bullshit and I hi-fived Cupz for claiming the Bandcamp once it was shut down. But, are these excuses for him? Absolutely not. They're facts about him. I don't know if you were friends with him on his personal Facebook account anytime within the last two years or not, but for a while there I was genuinely concerned for his mental & physical health and overall wellness.

I don't think we can assume anything at this moment in time. I'm having doubts as to the origin of any of his material. The track he stole from Redpoint dates back to his debut Eyesix EP in mid 2013, so he's been pulling this shit from day one. He's fucking lucky that I didn't listen to it at the time.

I don't wish ill upon anyone, least of all people who are already troubled... but buddying up to someone after you've ripped them off, as he did wanting to collaborate with me in December 2013, is pretty fucked up.

Please let's not fall out with each other over this folks. We all know who the bad guy is here and it's nobody posting in this thread. Seriously, there's enough poison without us all swallowing it right. Love ya Twoism.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
I agree with Mexi; the theft (from day one--the cheek!) is unbelievable, and is, among artists like us, an unforgivable sin. While a drug habit is never an excuse it would perfectly fit the kind of desperation that would compel someone to go this low.

What has me concerned is that he may not stop this behavior; he may well just find alternative sources to sell this stolen material including stock music libraries, which is already plagued with people selling others' material. I'm sure the calculation is that nobody is going to actually listen to every chillout/IDM/downtempo track out there, so it's a reasonably safe bet that he can make easy money. (The trick would be to find just one track on each library site, then have those accounts terminated.)

I had sent him 10 tracks for an album back in October, before I knew anything about this. But I pulled out at the last minute when I got some bad vibes from him. My guess is that some of those tracks have probably already been reincarnated elsewhere to fill his pockets. Not too much I can do about it.

Redpoint: your music is a-mazing. I love it.
[ .... ... .. . .. … …. ]
http://clocolan.space

Dayvan Cowboy
A boil on the face of the community has finally burst. Good riddance.
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Sherbet Head
As someone who has personally collaborated with him, about 3-4 years ago now, I can vouch for him producing original material. Also had chats with Jason through Soundcloud around late 2012 or so, and he expressed genuine interest about production and the likes, which was around the time he was starting out. For the record, this isn't to defend what he did, but just to make it known that not all of the material was stolen.

On an unrelated note, he was pretty rude about an album review I wrote (first one ever, and last one too) for his EP back around 2014, because it was "too similar of a review for a BoC album" which I wasn't previously aware of... :roll:

New Seed
and another https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XZDrX_skCY

I would like to erase/report any E6 poisonous track on every fucking website. I dont want to see these videos still up a year from now...ya feel me! So please friends....flag and report this hypocrisy!

New Seed
:!: https://soundcloud.com/the-echelon-effect-408823866

Im sure this page is now surrounded by speculation as well.
"The Echelon Effect" was another one of this deception projects I'm sure...
unfollow and please don't support this page any further.

Eagle Minded
bearhead wrote:As someone who has personally collaborated with him, about 3-4 years ago now, I can vouch for him producing original material. Also had chats with Jason through Soundcloud around late 2012 or so, and he expressed genuine interest about production and the likes, which was around the time he was starting out. For the record, this isn't to defend what he did, but just to make it known that not all of the material was stolen.

On an unrelated note, he was pretty rude about an album review I wrote (first one ever, and last one too) for his EP back around 2014, because it was "too similar of a review for a BoC album" which I wasn't previously aware of... :roll:

You know, Hitler did do some charity work. Let's not focus on the whole Holocaust thing.

:-?

This is getting silly. Please let's all try and keep our heads.

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound