New Dalham LP, Heat Death

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Hi all,

I've got a new album coming out on vinyl via the awesome Castles in Space label - honestly, if you're not aware of them check them out as every release they do is pretty special. A few people around here have bought my earlier LPs so I thought I'd spread the word again.

Ten tracks of synth based electronica about the end of the universe, what's not to like?

https://youtu.be/MFuqKPdSDDI

Posts Quantity
Suck it. The universe will stay!

Posts Quantity
End I want a cigarette.

Posts Quantity
Me too. All Ascending... I will check your tunes out later friend. I really don't need a cigarette and I don't think i'll be able to afford a pack but I will if I have to sell my 44 Magnum.

Dayvan Cowboy
Thanks fella. Vinyl pre-ordered via Castles In Space bandcamp page.

https://dalham-cis.bandcamp.com/album/heat-death

Interesting that you took inspiration from (among others) the artwork of Simon Stalenhåg. His paintings were one of the things I drew from with my own music.

Dayvan Cowboy
Hyped for this. I'd order the vinyl if I did vinyl, but I'm there for the digital. Can't wait!

Friendly Stranger
Thanks guys, your support is really appreciated. Especially when I know it's from people with such excellent taste :)

Ian - firstly, I just sent you a PM but apologies again for not replying to your question over a year ago! I don't seem to be getting any alerts via email for posts/PM's from twoism so I need to fix that.

I'm somewhat smitten with Simon Stallenhag. Did you hear the album he released to accompany 'The Electric State'? It's incredible, every bit as good as his artwork. I'm listening to 'Sense of Summer' at the moment- it's absolutely gorgeous! It says it's from 2009, do you have anything more recent? I'd love to hear your response to Simon's work?

Negamuse - I'm really glad you're hyped for this! It's a bit different from Janus, quite heavy and dark this time but hopefully you will still enjoy it.

Posts Quantity
I like the last couple songs. I can hear a bit of BoC influence and that's what and I wouldn't be surprised what everybody here would support. It's a tad boring though, i'll buy it unless you run out of copies before then. Looking into your back catalog next. Thanks for sharing friend!

Friendly Stranger
Thanks for listening Xaugh. Your offer to buy it is really appreciated and shows a lovely supporting side to this community, but I wouldn't want anyone to buy it unless they genuinely wanted it so don't feel obliged to purchase!

Dayvan Cowboy
Love it, streaming it till the download link appears :) It *is* darker than Janus but still feels like Dalham. I love the layered feeling of this stuff, it's why I went for Talos on the last album so hard, it's really cool when a track leads you one way and then just goes "nope" and pulls you in another direction, and yet somehow still feels like the same track.

Friendly Stranger
Thanks a million Negamuse! Each record has been an exploration of a different mood and I've consciously tried to avoid repeating myself so this one is a little more challenging but I'm glad it's still 'Dalham' :)

I love it when musicians take tracks in surprising directions so I'm really pleased you picked up on that element in my music.

Return to This Random Sound