Switch to full style
Discussions related to music in general.
Post a reply

Shammen Delly - The Peoples Temple OV Big Tom EP

Sun May 24, 2020 6:46 pm

Hello fellow Twoismers

It's been a long time since I posted here. I wanted to share something new I've been working on, a new EP I just released on May 1st that I hope people here would really enjoy.

This is a vivid reimagined vision of a time when Irish Country legend Big Tom and his Mainliners were leaders of 'The Peoples Temple' in Monaghan back in the late 70's and would travel around the country summoning new followers for the sacred dances around stone circles and beaches. His followers would come down the Four Country Roads in droves, the Smithwicks would be flowing and be tainted with thee auwl Magick Mushroomz, the masses would be waltzing and jiving around large fires howling to the skies as the sun rises as the big beat keeps on thumping.

The music in this EP is a mixutre of old and new music Shammen Delly produced in his 'Dunge' up north in Donegal, which sounds like a surreal noise fest of oneric distorted whirling warbly synth chords and thoughts of 70's German Krautrock emotional mellotrons, blending in hidden country bass lines, and a wash of psychedelic industrialistic rhythms and downtempo decrepit trip-hop big beats, and organic recordings of piano,harmonium, and personal tape recordings from Friel's family members throughout the past taken from an old tape the producers mother recorded when she was a kid.

There's a tapemix I made from Tascam Portastudio 424mkIII sessions titled 'An Evocation to Tonduff' for your listening pleasure also.

Listen/Buy here: https://shammendelly.bandcamp.com/album ... ov-big-tom

Re: Shammen Delly - The Peoples Temple OV Big Tom EP

Tue May 26, 2020 6:22 am

Wow, now that is a blast from the past. Shammon Delly! Thanks for sharing.

Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm

I took a stroll through it. Good stuff as always. Gotta say, I really loved that mixtape! I think I may snag a copy.

Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:33 pm

Thank you so much guys! Great to see you dig it Mexicola, and I'm pleased to hear you enjoy the tapemix Mechanismj. I'm currently doing visuals and videos for the EP, constantly making new material since the pandemic, and from me working at a theatre as a technician, there's been so much time to focus on Shammen Delly again. It's been far too long since I came back to Twoism, and it's good to see your familiar faces again, and to be able to post some new music. Cheers to all for the support over the years, it means so much! :)

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:49 pm

Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:33 pm

Here's a new video that was broadcast for a special viewing on Culture Night here in Co.Donegal 18/09/20.
Come and lets jive to the sky!

phpBB [media]

Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:21 am

Here's a special 2hr guest mix I did for The One CP Show hosted Cormac Walsh on Dublin Digital Radio last week. "This mix represents a sonic collage using VHS cuts sampled from late night trips down memory lane from old videos, using reel to reel tape finding old gems, some recorded from old radio stations during the 1970's and personal home tape cassette recordings of the artist’s mother she did as a kid of homely ambience. This is all mixed in with cassette jams and self-released music from Shammen Delly with EP releases between last year and this year with ‘An Evocation to Tonduff’ and ‘The Peoples Temple OV Big Tom’ as the first hour is an indulgence of all this material mixed together with some favourite tunes within. The second hour includes current favourite and influences so you can hear the palate of sound which inspired Aengus Friel to make the music he produces today."

Also big love to all twoismer's who still continue to support and listen to my music. Glad to say that this years release 'The Peoples Temple OV Big Tom' was on The Thin Air's list of Top 50 Irish EP/Albums of 2020. Thank you all, I hope this mix takes you on a journey.

Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:36 pm

Love your work, bro! Very excited to listen to this mix.

Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:53 pm

mechanismj wrote:Love your work, bro! Very excited to listen to this mix.

Thank you so much for the lovely kind words mechanismj. I hope that mix hit the spot, some new/old/rare Shammen Delly stuff on there I must get released soon. Below is the tracklisting for folk wondering I forgot to add it the last time I posted here.

Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:03 am

Also heads up twoism folks, here's a new ambient piece I made titled 'Seance Weather Report' for the compilation/zine LEE LINES (Landscape Mixtape) curated by The Department of Energy.

The piece I made was made up of old tape cassette recordings my mother recorded as a child featuring my grandfolks and friends of the family, old radio recordings done with mics. It's recordings I hold dear to my heart, it's an audio-portal that literally takes me back to that place everytime I hear it. It's mixed with old warm warbly Shammen Delly tracks from Cassette tape I made, and slowed down tape loops I created and cut, it also works if you reverse the track.

Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you!

Listen here: https://thedepartmentofenergy.bandcamp. ... her-report

Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:00 pm

sad to hear shammen passed away today. RIP.
excellent music.

Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:46 pm

NorthSaturnian wrote:sad to hear shammen passed away today. RIP.
excellent music.

Yes, this bummed me out. Awesome musician and great guy to have on the board.
RIP
Post a reply