Thriftwicker Audio Society

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Came here just to say I love everything I've heard, I'll have to set up a playlist for all the singles. I just wanted to say from what I've heard, you're incredibly creative, not only within the music, but the names, moods and all your silliness in this thread. Quite entertaining. Also I admire your production a ton, its very sharp and and cohesive (sometimes electronic stuff can sound a bit too sterile or dull without someone to treat it right). Lastly, I'm impressed with how much you put out so quickly! It takes me forever to finish anything.

Looking forward to more, bummed that I missed the tapes lol.

Happy Cycler
NTFMTS wrote:Came here just to say I love everything I've heard, I'll have to set up a playlist for all the singles. I just wanted to say from what I've heard, you're incredibly creative, not only within the music, but the names, moods and all your silliness in this thread. Quite entertaining. Also I admire your production a ton, its very sharp and and cohesive (sometimes electronic stuff can sound a bit too sterile or dull without someone to treat it right). Lastly, I'm impressed with how much you put out so quickly! It takes me forever to finish anything.

Looking forward to more, bummed that I missed the tapes lol.

Wow! Thank you so much. This comment made my day. Let me know if you are interested in obtaining a copy of the album or that tape and I will send you a message.

Thanks for listening, folks!

Dayvan Cowboy
Sorry! Late to the party. Just seen this and had a listen this afternoon, I have to say I like that fact that the music on this one is quite short and vignette-ish, you also seem to have created a blend of analogue fuzziness, combined with (as NTFMTS said) stunning slick production techniques. Absolutely fantastic!
My favourites from this new one are 'lair of the whooping clam' for its layering and abstract patterns (I could see it in a cyriak video) & 'tarmac nine' with its deep bellowing mysterious synths, short but snappy!
Thanks again, mechanismj! :)

Happy Cycler
Much love to the lot of ya for placing my noises in your ear holes!

Happy Cycler
NTFMTS wrote:I would absolutely love a copy of the tape!!

Pssst...

Sent you a message!

Eagle Minded
excellent, brilliant, wicked music
matching eye catching cover art, (good lord, that fucking thing on Why I Need Your Skeleton)
volume one, i think that was fantastic. i found the closing track fitting too
glad i had the chance to hear Tapes 1A
love it all. thanks for the wonderful music
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
Really cool album.
I especially like track 2 and 6. Super grimy.
Heavy cyriak vibes on some songs as well, and I love the silly humor.
You should make some physical copies!
When was this recorded?

Happy Cycler
bungler666 wrote:Really cool album.
I especially like track 2 and 6. Super grimy.
Heavy cyriak vibes on some songs as well, and I love the silly humor.
You should make some physical copies!
When was this recorded?

The earliest track on here is The Drifter. I started that one in 2003. The majority of them were finished up in the last 10 years or so.

I would love to eventually do physical copies. Most likely tapes. Though having music in vinyl has been a dream of mine for a long time. We'll see how it all plays out.

Thank you so much for listening! Your new avatar is a real mind bender!

Happy Cycler
NorthSaturnian wrote:excellent, brilliant, wicked music
matching eye catching cover art, (good lord, that fucking thing on Why I Need Your Skeleton)

Haha! Yeah, the artbreeder ai artwork is really the missing touch I needed for this project. Glad you gave my stuff a listen! Much appreciated!

If any of ya want to get your hands on a digital copy of anything on the bandcamp, I know a guy... heck... I am that guy!

Eagle Minded
mechanismj wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:excellent, brilliant, wicked music

Haha! Yeah, the artbreeder ai artwork is really the missing touch I needed for this project. Glad you gave my stuff a listen! Much appreciated!

If any of ya want to get your hands on a digital copy of anything on the bandcamp, I know a guy... heck... I am that guy!

absolutely. PM?
yes, i would love to be free!

Happy Cycler
It's my birthday and I will re-release Release and make the entire Thriftwicker catalog 90% off if I want to... and I do! So I did!

https://thriftwickeraudiosociety.bandca ... um/release

Eagle Minded
mechanismj wrote:It's my birthday and I will re-release Release and make the entire Thriftwicker catalog 90% off if I want to... and I do! So I did!

Happy birthday! hadn't heard this one bfore
we have pretty close bdays, mine`s on wednesday

is the drum loop from 2:45 an earlier version of the one in sting of the brain leech? reminded me of that
ends in a similar way to the new release aswell, nice.

Happy Cycler
kakanara wrote:
mechanismj wrote:It's my birthday and I will re-release Release and make the entire Thriftwicker catalog 90% off if I want to... and I do! So I did!

Happy birthday! hadn't heard this one bfore
we have pretty close bdays, mine`s on wednesday

is the drum loop from 2:45 an earlier version of the one in sting of the brain leech? reminded me of that
ends in a similar way to the new release aswell, nice.

It is different, but some of the processing was similar. Nasty, broken sounding time stretching!

Happy Cycler
Happy Bandcamp Friday, y'all. Or as I like to call it, Fancamp Buyday. Don't use that, I copyrighted it.

I plopped Tape One Side A back up for the day, as well as my old album Release, the whole discography remains 90% off, and my brains are turning to oatmeal.

Drink my brains.

Happy Cycler
Hell - Oh!

I am writing to inform you of a new Thriftwicker track that can be found on Spotify, if that's your thang.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6gwFqjNG ... 4224054dbe

Soon it will be available on an album you can find on the bandcamps.

Let this track gallop into your hearts and nightmares!

Enjoy?

Happy Cycler
Finally. At long last. The full version of Separate Reginalds can be experienced. Enjoy a twisting, turning thrill ride full of phones, neighbors, and horses.

https://thriftwickeraudiosociety.bandca ... -reginalds

Eagle Minded
sorry for not keeping up i was going thru a rough patch

i talked about the first ep already but now that i've listened to it more i cemented my view that this is the epitome of everything i personally love about your music. I love the tense heavier tracks contrasted with the laid back 140ish bpm tracks and i adore the conceptual atmospheric tracks in their entirety. My favourite moments from the ep are:
Wreck tangled in its whole. brilliant track
sucker splutter which sounds like a tracker demo
The eerie synth on L.O.G.S. which is amazing
3:13 AM is still a standout, incredible atmosphere
The synth on Tarmac nine is very nice too, like the one in L.O.G.S
The heavy synth on the drifter
the last track which is still a very unique and interesting closer

the second one is a surprise favourite, it resonates a lot with me because i am a big believer in taking frequent naps(to music if possible). I love how the structure mirrors that of an actual 10min nap(coherent thoughts at the beginning followed by disconnected half awake dreams segueing into complete sleep ending with a sudden wake up call). Probably one of my favourite things you've ever put out even though it doesn't have most of the aspects of what i usually enjoy from your tracks. weird

the latest one is probably my least favourite simply because i've known most of the tracks on other contexts already. maybe it'll grow on me with time. it does have my favourite intro and closing tracks out of all of the eps though. i wish it had more of the conceptual/atmospheric tracks(like the intro and closing track). i think the ep could have been better if you had focused a bit more on the whole telephone theme, i think an ep based on that could be really something. horsing a dead beat is still amazing however

keep em coming!!!

Happy Cycler
Wow! Thank you for the detailed feedback. I always appreciate that. I am glad you are enjoying these albums.

One of my other musical influences, weirdly enough, is surreal sketch comedy. Stuff like Monty Python, Mr. Show, Tim & Eric. Sketch shows where they connect seemingly unrelated concepts together. I think some of that slipped out in Separate Reginalds.

Stay tuned next month as I will have another ready to go. Gonna try to keep this a monthly thing.

Thanks again!

Eagle Minded
ayy some of my favourites are back

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound