Thriftwicker Audio Society

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler

Happy Cycler
Juno 60. Cassette Tape. 2006. Tastes like Twoism.

Glower

Eagle Minded
loved the last two tracks! they sound like the soundtrack to some conceptual sci fi horror movie

Happy Cycler
kakanara wrote:loved the last two tracks! they sound like the soundtrack to some conceptual sci fi horror movie

Glad you are enjoying those!

Happy Cycler
Got some tasty treats. Get it while you can.
Thriftwicker Tapes 1A

Happy Cycler
mechanismj wrote:Got some tasty treats. Get it while you can.
Thriftwicker Tapes 1A

Made the whole dang catalog 90% for the weekend, too.

Shameless,

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:
mechanismj wrote:Got some tasty treats. Get it while you can.
Thriftwicker Tapes 1A

Made the whole dang catalog 90% for the weekend, too.

Shameless,

Congrats, it’s really good! I can’t tell you how well produced it is, (do you know Dave fridmann?) The first ten minutes feel like ralf hütter & Florian Schneider from Kraftwerk were thrust into the 21st century, told to listen to damaged tapes of IDM, made some sweet sounds out of that music and this is what came out of it. Also I like the whistling sound from the track that starts at the 10min mark (feels very opening the mouth),
Feeling envious of the 80s style electronic funk starting at 13m30s (That drum is crisp and sharp)
Hope to here more from you and your bands project, Thanks mechanismJ :D

Happy Cycler
Thank you so much for the kind words, especially on the production! That is always one of the trickiest parts for me, especially while playing in the lo-fi cassette realm.

This little collection will disappear at the end of the weekend, but there will be others!

Happy Cycler
Thriftwicker Tape 1A has inexplicably vanished, leaving behind a patch of glowing oily residue. Strangely, this patch has retained some audible properties which can be heard here.

A Glowing Oily Residue

Sherbet Head
mechanismj wrote:Thriftwicker Tape 1A has inexplicably vanished, leaving behind a patch of glowing oily residue. Strangely, this patch has retained some audible properties which can be heard here.

A Glowing Oily Residue

This is some dark net shit that should be totally and absolutely avoided unless you are a complete deviant (like me).

Happy Cycler
Josh wrote:
mechanismj wrote:Thriftwicker Tape 1A has inexplicably vanished, leaving behind a patch of glowing oily residue. Strangely, this patch has retained some audible properties which can be heard here.

A Glowing Oily Residue

This is some dark net shit that should be totally and absolutely avoided unless you are a complete deviant (like me).

Hope to see you at next week's deviant gathering. Charlie is bringing the moonshine!

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:
Josh wrote:

A Glowing Oily Residue

Hope to see you at next week's deviant gathering. Charlie is bringing the moonshine!

And I’ll bring the Unordinary creepy presence of my friend Jerry, who has just been cautioned after he ‘belt strangled’ a M&S shopper when they repeated the phrase ‘bigot aniseed bleat pompon boomerang’ too many times. :D

Happy Cycler
Remember to backup your data and back it up often.

Requiem For Data Loss

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:Remember to backup your data and back it up often.

Requiem For Data Loss

Really like this one, it reminds me of ‘fitter happier’ by radiohead from OK computer! Also the AI generated album/single covers really stand out. I Have my Future-dystopia Wired in and ready to be uploaded! :}

Happy Cycler
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

Requiem For Data Loss

Really like this one, it reminds me of ‘fitter happier’ by radiohead from OK computer! Also the AI generated album/single covers really stand out. I Have my Future-dystopia Wired in and ready to be uploaded! :}

Glad you liked it! It was a silly idea I had kicking around in my head for years.

Nice to know the AI artwork gets attention. This one was the first I used VQGAN+CLIP to make. Prior to this I had been using Artbreeder. Prior to Artbreeder I was doing the photoshop style you see on tracks like Winners Never Sleep and Swarm of Zinders. I still have a couple of those I want to use when I finish the associated audio tracks.

Thanks again for listening to the drippings from my brain pan!

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

Requiem For Data Loss

Glad you liked it! It was a silly idea I had kicking around in my head for years.

Nice to know the AI artwork gets attention. This one was the first I used VQGAN+CLIP to make. Prior to this I had been using Artbreeder. Prior to Artbreeder I was doing the photoshop style you see on tracks like Winners Never Sleep and Swarm of Zinders. I still have a couple of those I want to use when I finish the associated audio tracks.

Thanks again for listening to the drippings from my brain pan!

And if it drips again, I won’t phone for an electrician. I’ll Grab a cup and fill up some bottles! :}

Happy Cycler
Welp, looks like we have another Bandcamp Friday on our hands. Bettered gear up the discount machine to 90% off and pop Thriftwicker Tape 1A back up.

https://thriftwickeraudiosociety.bandca ... r-tapes-1a

Enjoy?

Happy Cycler
Say howdy to the first Thriftwicker 'album' of sorts. Some previous bandcamp tracks in a battle royale (with cheese) with some previously unreleased audibles.

Volume One - The Filth Around The Pearl

Eagle Minded
haven't had enough listens to properly digest the album yet, but i have really enjoyed the few listens i had! really apprecciate the presence of more fast and percussive tracks like the second one. The conceptual tracks are very intriguing as usual, but the 6th track in specific was a standout, such a gripping atmosphere, loved it.
also i was initially weirded out by your choice of the closing track, didn't think it'd fit very well, but after listening to the album it works surprinsingly well as a closer

Happy Cycler
kakanara wrote:haven't had enough listens to properly digest the album yet, but i have really enjoyed the few listens i had! really apprecciate the presence of more fast and percussive tracks like the second one. The conceptual tracks are very intriguing as usual, but the 6th track in specific was a standout, such a gripping atmosphere, loved it.
also i was initially weirded out by your choice of the closing track, didn't think it'd fit very well, but after listening to the album it works surprinsingly well as a closer

Ahoy! Thank you for the thoughtful and detailed response. Glad you enjoyed it. With regard to the final track, Hell's Waiting Room, I guess the only way I could ever really hear that track in an album context was as a closer. In fact, what crossed my mind was the 90's, back when bands would put some oddball track at the end of an album as a 'secret song' of sorts. I think that is really mostly where Hell's Waiting Room lands in that context.

Let me know if you want a free download!

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound