Thriftwicker Audio Society

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
I don't know what this is, but it smells kinda like mildew and pop tarts.

https://thriftwickeraudiosociety.bandcamp.com/releases

Happy Cycler
The audio druids at Thriftwicker Audio Society are doing it again for the second time.

https://thriftwickeraudiosociety.bandca ... -reginalds

Happy Cycler
I have been dropping tracks like I have holes in my pockets

https://thriftwickeraudiosociety.bandcamp.com/

Sherbet Head
Altar Of Absurdity was a very enjoyable listen. I liked the part when it all went "Click" and everything stopped :D
Suck my BUTT

Happy Cycler
Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it!

I just re-followed you on bandcamp. I remember digging Cramic Oil quite a bit.

Happy Cycler
I wanted to share this one. I think some of you might enjoy it.

https://thriftwickeraudiosociety.bandca ... room-house

Eagle Minded
Loved this one! Reminds me of the storm chasing videos i like so much.
Works really well with the phasers that you seem to use all the time :)

Happy Cycler
Thanks for listening!

It's amazing what you can do with a mustache trimmer.

Eagle Minded
Dove through your page just now. Man, you have a crazy imagination!
The nice stuff is good but those fucked up tracks are really great. Especially Into The Hall Of Birds, The New Tenant etc.
Sounds like a lost Silent Hill score.

Happy Cycler
I really appreciate that! Thank you for stopping by.

There's plenty more to come!

Happy Cycler
Made the whole collection 75% today. Also added Wreck Tangled, Signal Breach, and Separate Reginalds. Wacky!

Boqurant
Im enjoying the Thriftwicker Audio Society sound.

I don't know how some of you guys are not signed or promoted to be honest, I admire any producer that can make clear (not muddy) mixes that are mastered loud but not distorting. Im trying to learn (very slow process though being an old dog wanting to learn new tricks).

Some of the music posted on this forum goes right over my head to be honest (my tastes have become very narrow of late so not a critique in anyway for the musicality my tastes are suspect) but enjoy most of what Ive heard, something Ive noticed since joining this forum is how talented alot of you are in music production and I wonder if any of you truely know.
I really like the quality of the productions in themselves even where I might not initially grasp some of the initial feeling of the writer/composers emotions or technical skills put into some of the productions.
Plenty of humor, skill, interesting texures and atmospheres and alot of music I simply cannot put into a genre or work out how it's made.

Happy Cycler
Hello!

Thank you very much for giving Thriftwicker a listen. Much appreciated!!

I've been doing the music production thing since the late 90's. Much of the rules, particularly mastering, are still unknown to me. Just keeping at it will eventually get you to making what you want to hear. That is what I am trying to do these days. I just want to get weird with it!

Yeah, getting signed or promoted is kind of a funny thing these days. Like, what is there to get signed to? Things like bandcamp make it so easy to set up and share a presentable catalog of music, which is all I ever really wanted. The only real drawback is you have to do your own hustle if you want to get heard.

Boqurant
Hey up Mechanismj.
True that, Bandcamp is pretty helpful in many ways, you can get inspiration while you check out other producers and make contacts and collabs far easier than ever before from these online collective platforms, no contractual obligations to produce by time scales, can all be taken in your own stride I guess, haha when I started doing mixes (95) it was all about sending cassettes to club promoters, carefully learning que points, key changes (by ear not knowing a middle c from and a lol) and creating a journey from an intro into a starting point and knowing middle textures, working to an ending and not before scouring record shops for vinyl in different areas of the country (which I miss terribly), now it's a click onto Juno or Beatport. MySpace and YT was still gaining popularity by around 2000?, Ive only just got into music production (a bit late perhaps as a mid 40s) and I know my "level" so to speak. You seem to be very prolific in making music as well Ive noticed, you seem committed which is something I struggle with, but hope to become, at the mo always out of the zone or away from my computer, so cannot see me warrant a Bandcamp account just yet...yet...ever hopeful :) It is fun when you make something and it still sounds ok after a while though. Your very modest also, I think you capture/samples are clean sounding as well, sounds are well eq'd

Happy Cycler
Well thanks again!

I recently changed how I wanted to approach the idea of putting my music online. Earlier on I was into making albums. So, I would end up sitting on large collections of tracks for long periods of time until I had what I thought was the complete album. I kind of tired of this approach. It was slowing me down. Plus, in this current era, full albums aren't really a necessity. Don't get me wrong, I still love a good album and I think they are an important statement in the music world. I just wanted to try a new approach.

Long story not much shorter, the prolific vibe of my musical output I think is coming from me finally just releasing tons of tracks I have been sitting on for years. I am trying to give each one the attention I would have given to their album counterparts. I have found a few tools that is helping me get the whole idea out of my head much faster and more completely, too. Which is great.

That is awesome that your experiences with music extend back to the 90's as well. Good times they were. I look forward to hearing what you create. Keep me posted!

Eagle Minded
do you know how many tracks you have done in total?

Next

Return to This Random Sound