Thriftwicker Audio Society

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
kakanara wrote:do you know how many tracks you have done in total?

Not fully, unfortunately. I have my work divided into a couple sections roughly depending on what I consider to be complete. The 'archive' is full of mostly incomplete tracks. There are probably 700 unique sketches / ideas in there, but only a fraction of that is any good!

Then there is my collection of cassette tape recordings going back to 1994. Again, mostly trash, but there are interesting bits scattered throughout that I can see being tapped for something in the future. No idea how much though.

The actual Thriftwicker directory still has about 20 unreleased tracks in it. Most of which are on hold because I want to tweak them a tiny bit.

Should have a couple more out today!

Eagle Minded
I started making music only since 2018, and with everything being stored digitally and all i managed to keep track of everything. Only have 65 full length tracks so far. I wonder how many people who've been doing it for ages like you have. 700 or so is a good guess i presume

looking foward to your new stuff

Happy Cycler
kakanara wrote:I started making music only since 2018, and with everything being stored digitally and all i managed to keep track of everything. Only have 65 full length tracks so far. I wonder how many people who've been doing it for ages like you have. 700 or so is a good guess i presume

looking foward to your new stuff

This is why I am not really surprised when BoC or Aphex Twin say have a shit ton of tracks that have never been heard. I believe it is like that for any artist who has been working with audio for a long period of time. The major difference with BoC and the rest of us is, everything I have heard by them has been FUCKING DELICIOUS!

Are you uploading your tracks anywhere? I would love to hear them sometime.

And thank you for listening to my crazy shit!

I just uploaded a little synth pop ditty called The Line About The Bricks, if you are interested...
https://thriftwickeraudiosociety.bandca ... the-bricks

Eagle Minded
mechanismj wrote:This is why I am not really surprised when BoC or Aphex Twin say have a shit ton of tracks that have never been heard. I believe it is like that for any artist who has been working with audio for a long period of time. The major difference with BoC and the rest of us is, everything I have heard by them has been FUCKING DELICIOUS!

Are you uploading your tracks anywhere? I would love to hear them sometime.

And thank you for listening to my crazy shit!

I just uploaded a little synth pop ditty called The Line About The Bricks, if you are interested...
https://thriftwickeraudiosociety.bandca ... the-bricks

Yeah, i guess it's all about being selective. Even aphex who has released so much on Sc still says that he got loads of unheard tracks.

I think i've got some 3 or 4 decent tracks that i could upload but honestly i got no clue what i'd to do to 'promote' them. I'm even more clueless to what genre they'd fit in or whatever.

I enjoyed the new track though i'm more of a fan of your more conceptual tracks like Swarm of Zinders and Drink your Oatmeal.

Happy Cycler
We have now reached 50 individual tracks!

Why I Need Your Skeleton
https://thriftwickeraudiosociety.bandca ... r-skeleton

The Pit
https://thriftwickeraudiosociety.bandca ... ee-the-pit

Boqurant
mechanismj wrote:Well thanks again!

I recently changed how I wanted to approach the idea of putting my music online. Earlier on I was into making albums. So, I would end up sitting on large collections of tracks for long periods of time until I had what I thought was the complete album. I kind of tired of this approach. It was slowing me down. Plus, in this current era, full albums aren't really a necessity. Don't get me wrong, I still love a good album and I think they are an important statement in the music world. I just wanted to try a new approach.

Long story not much shorter, the prolific vibe of my musical output I think is coming from me finally just releasing tons of tracks I have been sitting on for years. I am trying to give each one the attention I would have given to their album counterparts. I have found a few tools that is helping me get the whole idea out of my head much faster and more completely, too. Which is great.

That is awesome that your experiences with music extend back to the 90's as well. Good times they were. I look forward to hearing what you create. Keep me posted!

Ive created a list of Bandcamp profiles to regularly check back onto, yours will be permenantly on there Mech.
Im using the Android App (only way of playing tracks on my phone) to binge listen then remove the app (apps mess with my phones settings so tend to instal-listen-remove app and repeat every few weeks or so).

You style if you don't mind me saying is (to me anyway) like a mixture of Aphex,SqrPshr on the intelligible parts esp the percussives side and on the experimental boundary pushing elements....like nothing I have personally ever heard before :)
It's "raw dog" as we like to say!:)
If I get to finish some tracks I will PM you, give you first listen for critique and if I could be really cheeky you could give me the odd hint on muddy areas etc that need better eqing lol (Im begining to wonder if my ears are shot from all the djing and powertools from engineering work I used to do)...but you know what they say about workmen who blame it on the tools lol...it's prob me blending 7 different reverbs together expecting to hear a pin drop amongst the washing 2ks...anyway
Catch you later mate :)

Happy Cycler
Elwyn_Hayseed wrote:You style if you don't mind me saying is (to me anyway) like a mixture of Aphex,SqrPshr on the intelligible parts esp the percussives side and on the experimental boundary pushing elements....like nothing I have personally ever heard before :)
It's "raw dog" as we like to say!:)

That is one hell of an appreciated compliment! Thank you!

I have made some audio effect soup in the past, too. Kind a cool way to come up with new sounds.

Here are my latest delicacies...

Thingsum.
https://thriftwickeraudiosociety.bandca ... m/thingsum

The Forgotten Announcement.
https://thriftwickeraudiosociety.bandca ... nouncement

Bring a washcloth! It gets sticky!

Eagle Minded
Always a bummer when that happens.

Happy Cycler
Exciting new products.

No Place

Sting Of The Brain Leach

Happy Cycler

Happy Cycler

Happy Cycler
The 60th composition has now been uploaded.

Somewhere Between Two Houses

To celebrate the occasion I made the whole discography 80% off.

Happy Cycler

Happy Cycler

Happy Cycler
Health & Ramen

Slurp up, my chums!

Eagle Minded
very nice glitch drums (is that what they`re called?)
ending made me hungry.

Happy Cycler
kakanara wrote:very nice glitch drums (is that what they`re called?)
ending made me hungry.

Yeah, you could say that. They mostly came from old lo-fi chiptune tracks. I love the crunch those old samples have. Thank you for listening / getting hungry!

Happy Cycler
I decided to try submitting a Thriftwicker track to an online distributor. So, now you can stream Dusty Brainsweater at Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, YouTube Music, Pandora, Deezer, Cheezer, Streamy McFlingus, Garbonzo, Nugget Shelf, and a whole bunch of other ones that are actually real I swear.

Here is the Spotify Page...
https://open.spotify.com/artist/06WNynXw4h9pN0kOatLgk7

Thriftwicker Audio Society. We make obnoxious noise easily accessible!

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound