whitehorse

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
This is INCREDIBLY interesting now!

I emailed desfax via the email address embedded in the source code of their webpage.

April 26 - I sent an email praising their music, describing how much it meant to me, etc. I asked for more.

May 7 - I received a reply but I ignored it because it was spam....or so I thought.

Here is a screenshot of the email reply I received (apologies that they are from my Android phone)

Now, it wasn't until I was in the bathroom this morning that I decided, "Screw it. I'll click on one of those stupid links just to make sure it's really junk mail and not an actual reply."
It was more than I expected it to be. Now I'll have to copy/paste some stuff here from some private conversations.

WHITEHORSE, if you are reading, I hope this isn't breaking the rules. I mean no disrespect or anything, but I felt it was appropriate to publish this information on the off-chance that you are either a) REAL or b) FAKE. Either way, I mean only good things.

I still want more music, please. Please!

When I clicked on the first link in the email, "unsubscribe here", this is where it linked:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Blanc ... 105.515846

This made me click the remaining two links as well.

Next link, 'unsubscribe here': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8vEGGLn-Dw&t=357s
VHS-looking footage (I figure that's enough for some people here to be interested, especially after the most recent little thing)

And the final link which was in the middle of an address:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=NIV

Then I see the image just posted by desfax and people noticing similarities to the listening party.
In the satellite imagery, which is fairly recent, of the location from the email, there is a similar looking airstream trailer and red truck.

I would like to hand this over to literally anyone else who can dig deeper because I worry that I'll piss off Whitehorse, when what I want, what I really really want, is more music please, Whitehorse. Please.

Give me another tune for my mixtapes!
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Posts Quantity
Sky and Trails wrote:Then I see the image just posted by desfax and people noticing similarities to the listening party.
In the satellite imagery, which is fairly recent, of the location from the email, there is a similar looking airstream trailer and red truck.
!

Hats off to Sky and Trails (and desfax, of course.)

This is a zoomed in photo of the exact coordinates that was e-mailed back to Sky and Trails. This is in Blanca Colorado. The e-mail from desfax even has an address at the bottom that is from Blanca Colorado.

Some strange events, indeed. They shared that TH listening party photo with us today so that makes the coordinates a bit more eerie. Hell of a coincidence considering the red truck. Haha! I did a few street views of the area and it's an extremely open and gorgeous landscape. I believe it says the town population is 322.

Eagle Minded
Holy shit. I'm sorry but I haven't seen much of the listening party photos. Very cool look with the airstream. That truck is certifiably cool.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone was out there setting up a listening party for us?

Thanks for all of that info oakmoss&amber!
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Eagle Minded
@tonx tweeted:
9:38 PM GMT+2 - 27 May 13: "I have arrived at the watermark. there are a handful of people here preparing for an “event”. #boardsofcanada"

remember this
what a crazy couple of weeks that was, looks like we are coming up on the anniversery

Eagle Minded
Kind of makes me shiver.

I never would have thought about the anniversary.

Maybe there will be an anniversary celebration.

Better yet, a single file line of people waiting for the brothers to tell them, "You are beautiful and we love you."

No album, just an orgy of acceptance.

Eagle Minded
This is Uhh.... interesting stuff here.

All I have to contribute is this:

carry on sleuthers.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Orbited insanitarium wrote:New thing I spotted.

Desfax edited the original post after I replied, so I wonder, can anyone see faint white text underneath the image reading "não há nada aqui pelo qual valha a pena morrer" ?

Translation from Spanish: "there is nothing here because it is worth dying."

It's Portuguese I'm afraid.

Google Translate

deepl translate

"there's nothing here worth dying for"

Sounds like a trollish move now. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:

Desfax edited the original post after I replied, so I wonder, can anyone see faint white text underneath the image reading "não há nada aqui pelo qual valha a pena morrer" ?

Google Translate

deepl translate

I had heard that Portuguese and Spanish are 89% similar lexically, but now it makes more sense than originally. Cheers! :D
Last edited by Orbited insanitarium on Wed May 11, 2022 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:

Google Translate

deepl translate

I was about to make a comment about how if I lived anywhere a few hours from there, id absolutely get in my car and head out to the location. I'd make a road trip out of it, but being in Australia, I sadly can't justify it. On top of that, "there's nothing here worth dying for" to me says "stay away, there is nothing here, don't waste your time", maybe the whole point was to point more signs into the legitimacy of this being BoC, they have the same vehicles from the TH listening party and it's clear enough that's what we see via the satellite imagery.

Anyway, fake until proven otherwise, but this is one of the best fakes I have heard/seen, can't believe this thread has been sitting here for months while we deal with those other bloody fakes. This one has me interested, count me in.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:

Google Translate

deepl translate

I was about to make a comment about how if I lived anywhere a few hours from there, id absolutely get in my car and head out to the location. I'd make a road trip out of it, but being in Australia, I sadly can't justify it. On top of that, "there's nothing here worth dying for" to me says "stay away, there is nothing here, don't waste your time", maybe the whole point was to point more signs into the legitimacy of this being BoC, they have the same vehicles from the TH listening party and it's clear enough that's what we see via the satellite imagery.

Anyway, fake until proven otherwise, but this is one of the best fakes I have heard/seen, can't believe this thread has been sitting here for months while we deal with those other bloody fakes. This one has me interested, count me in.

Not the arg we wanted, but the arg we needed! :lol:

Eagle Minded
"I know that this doesn't have anything to do with deciphering the code"
Tells me there isn't any kind of "code" stuff going on with this arg, which I expected that IF there was one for BoC's next album, they would stay clear of using codes.
+1 to this being boc

"Wanted to point out that jpg is 666x666 pixels"
Seems way too on the nose and trolly, there are a lot of references to religions and cults which is usually a sign of the arg being fake
-1 to this being boc

Eagle Minded
So I downloaded the original 18 minute song desfax posted and it turns out it has metadata.

Heard from the Horizon Radar

Eagle Minded

Eagle Minded
Downloaded the metadata for the first track on page one, titled "x"

646573666178406465736661782E636F6D
desfax@desfax.com

Eagle Minded

So we have 13 Death, and 19 The Sun.
The heat death of the universe perhaps? :wink:

Sorry for all the posts in a row, just trying to provide the deets

Some extra information:

Mind you all BoC related domains are registered via IONOS, example:

https://www.whois.com/whois/desfax.com
https://www.whois.com/whois/boardsofcanada.com

Eagle Minded
NameCheap makes me think this is likely not boc, although who can tell, that does make me lean towards fake though. I'm still interested in this, like Sky, I kinda just want to hear more from the artist at this point, this is some great drone, gives me some serious mbv vibes.

So if this 18:20 track is called "sun", maybe that other missing track that was replaced with "x" is called "death"?
Last edited by demo on Wed May 11, 2022 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Some more info: Desfax registered and made their first post on this forum (Nov 20th 2021) the same date as the domain name desfax.com was registered at Namecheap.

Eagle Minded
ImageImage

There are renditions of Death and The Sun that feature a white horse

Dayvan Cowboy
Minds think alike demo.

I mentioned to Sky And Trails before Whitehorse was replaced by morse code that it sounded like the celestial and ethereal death of the universe. Still sounds like that when I'm listening to it.

It's gorgeous music.

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound