whitehorse

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
demo wrote:"there's nothing here worth dying for" to me says "stay away, there is nothing here, don't waste your time", maybe the whole point was to point more signs into the legitimacy of this being BoC

In the linked video from desfax to sky and trails, Brennan Manning mentions something similar to "there is nothing here worth dying for." It already had a timestamp set at 5:57 but I sat with it for a bit and it occurs at 11:01.

"The truth that God loves you in such a way that he'd rather die than be without you. Isn't it difficult to believe you're worth the death of anyone? Least of all we all holy God."

phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
https://www.easyupload.io/y80gw3

10:40 of Whitehorse, before it was replaced by 00:43 of Morse code.

For those of you wanting more.
I believe there might have been one other track, but I'm not sure. I won't be 100% sure until I finish going through my flash drives and stuff.

I would also like to point out that a BOC song from TH is the first thing that will pop into your head when you listen to this one. Just for a moment, but you'll know it when you hear it.

This one is incredibly beautiful.

I recommend it when out in nature alone.

Can the metadata be pulled from this even though it's a reupload?

I am BLOWN AWAY by the other stuff you all found!
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
Sky and Trails wrote:I would also like to point out that a BOC song from TH is the first thing that will pop into your head when you listen to this one.

But this one is incredibly beautiful.

I recommend it when out in nature alone.

Truly great advice. I listened to it while walking through the countryside close to sunset recently, nearly brought me to tears.
Like a powerful and serene fever dream.

Last edited by Orbited insanitarium on Wed May 11, 2022 1:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Eagle Minded
It feels perfect along with solitude.

Are we missing one more track that was replaced by Morse code? Or do we have everything thus far?
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
Sky and Trails wrote:It feels perfect along with solitude.

Are we missing one more track that was replaced by Morse code? Or do we have everything thus far?

Not quite. I remember audio here. I think it was the 3rd Desfax post.
https://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14998

I distinctly recall it being quite epic and grandiose.

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Sky and Trails wrote:It feels perfect along with solitude.

Not quite. I remember audio here. I think it was the 3rd Desfax post.
https://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14998

I distinctly recall it being quite epic and grandiose.

Thanks for that! I'll scavenge and I will find that 3rd song.

I'm certain it was around 4 or 5 minutes. And I believe there was something more with it, maybe a different tarot card image?
Or an actual title. Anyway, I'll find it.

Happy Cycler
Was there also an 11 minute track at one point, or am I mistaken?

Eagle Minded
As far as I know the 11 minute track is the one I re-uploaded above, but it's only 10:40 so if I'm missing another one I'll look for that as well.

I haven't gotten any kind of reply from Whitehorse, so if you're reading this, please...don't hate me. HANG OUT WITH ME, WHITEHORSE.

Happy Cycler
Sky and Trails wrote:As far as I know the 11 minute track is the one I re-uploaded above, but it's only 10:40 so if I'm missing another one I'll look for that as well.

I haven't gotten any kind of reply from Whitehorse, so if you're reading this, please...don't hate me. HANG OUT WITH ME, WHITEHORSE.

Oh, yeah. It was the 10:40 track that I was thinking of. Thank you so much for preserving that one! That one disappeared from his website, right?

The way these songs get under my skin is indescribable. It weird!

Happy Cycler
Whitehorse,

Would you mind if I played one of these songs on my radio show?

Eagle Minded
mechanismj wrote:
Sky and Trails wrote:As far as I know the 11 minute track is the one I re-uploaded above, but it's only 10:40 so if I'm missing another one I'll look for that as well.

Oh, yeah. It was the 10:40 track that I was thinking of. Thank you so much for preserving that one! That one disappeared from his website, right?

The way these songs get under my skin is indescribable. It weird!

I totally agree with you...and I think I might have a present for everyone here.
It wasn't on a discarded flash drive or external hard drive. It was on my phone.
The title is 73756D6D6974206C6F737420696E2068656176656E and is hex/dec code that translates to: summit lost in heaven

And the song wasn't around 4 or 5 minutes like I thought. It was 8:26

It is transcendent.

A note: the info in this track says the performer is rtls

Another note: I've found that if I double the playback speed it provides a unique listening experience. It almost enhances some vocals that are far in the background at regular speed.
And it also has that amazing tearing sound like the main synth in Olson by BOC, not to say this is or isn't BOC. But I love it. It's like a choppy fan churning out some very cool tones.

Here's a link to the track, and I believe this completes the collection from Whitehorse thus far.

https://easyupload.io/z2fx3d

Whitehorse, come here real quick and listen...I would love it if you would drop some more music, and not to shit on anyone else here, but I'm totally cool if you want to just send me a copy ;)

Dayvan Cowboy
Sky and Trails wrote:I totally agree with you...and I think I might have a present for everyone here.
It wasn't on a discarded flash drive or external hard drive. It was on my phone.
The title is 73756D6D6974206C6F737420696E2068656176656E and is hex/dec code that translates to: summit lost in heaven

And the song wasn't around 4 or 5 minutes like I thought. It was 8:26

It is transcendent.

A note: the info in this track says the performer is rtls

Another note: I've found that if I double the playback speed it provides a unique listening experience. It almost enhances some vocals that are far in the background at regular speed.
And it also has that amazing tearing sound like the main synth in Olson by BOC, not to say this is or isn't BOC. But I love it. It's like a choppy fan churning out some very cool tones.

Here's a link to the track, and I believe this completes the collection from Whitehorse thus far.

https://easyupload.io/z2fx3d

Whitehorse, come here real quick and listen...I would love it if you would drop some more music, and not to shit on anyone else here, but I'm totally cool if you want to just send me a copy ;)

You found it! :D
Yep, that's the track. Completely euphoric isn't it?

Sounds like reaching a great height. Almost similar to an observation of the clouds from the top of a mountain.

I wonder why Desfax/Whitehorse's music triggers such a emotional response from me, perhaps it's the strings. Really is quite indescribable.

Eagle Minded
I love that you get so much out of this music!
I fee like I found my people here. I, too, have a very emotional response to this music, and I've noticed that my tastes in music have been changing lately, mainly due to all of this new music showing up.

I think this particular song, the 8 minute one, has the most brutal tension, yet is uplifting and extremely emotive.

Can't wait for more! (That's me asking nicely, Whitehorse ;)

Boqurant
Are any of these tracks available online to buy, stream or download?

I’d be interested in hearing what you all hear but I’d prefer not to use file sharing sites, especially if the artist hasn’t given explicit consent

Dayvan Cowboy
Burning Shadow wrote:Are any of these tracks available online to buy, stream or download?

I’d be interested in hearing what you all hear but I’d prefer not to use file sharing sites, especially if the artist hasn’t given explicit consent

Nope, this is it.
The reason this has five pages in the first place is completely down to the quality of the music and the artists anonymity.
If you were able to Spotify stream it, It'd take away a part of the magic.

The morse code has replaced two of the three compositions.
And while yes, I'm a fan of physical media (not the biggest music streamer myself), I can assure you that this thread is probably the only place you will hear these tracks. At least for now.

And as always, don't click on any links you don't want to. It's completely understandable for you to have this perspective. I'm just as cautious. :]

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't really like media file sharing personally.

As for the artists consent though, I'd hope that if Desfax/Whitehorse found that sharing method to not sit well with them, they would let Sky and Trails know. Via either a PM or on this topic.

Eagle Minded
Well said, and I completely understand.
This is my first experience with anything like this in this setting (a forum, and specifically THIS forum).
I don't usually share anything online, but mostly I reserve that for my own anonymity. Sharing music is something I feel is appropriate here, but I understand not doing anything without the artist's consent.

I think about this a LOT. If I were to upload a song somewhere, whether it be here, Reddit, YouTube, Facebook, or I try selling burned CDs in a gas station parking lot, finding out it was being shared like an old school 'found footage' tape would floor me, in a good way.

Again, I understand your point, Burning Shadow.

Dayvan Cowboy
This is amazing stuff. Does anybody have any idea what is being said in the 10.40 song?
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Happy Cycler
Kicking my weekend off with a little SUN!

Eagle Minded
portiss wrote:This is amazing stuff. Does anybody have any idea what is being said in the 10.40 song?

No clue but I'm glad you noticed something there because I swear to God I'm hearing vocals. I just can't make anything out.

I swear if you speed it up by double they are clearer but alas, no hablo.

There's a stuttering in one of the songs that reminds me of that shredding sound from Olson by BOC. I don't know why but Olson has me thinking of jets and airplanes (likely because of the slowed down 800% version on YouTube with an image of a jet or jets) and anything else that has that kind of sound makes me think of the same thing.

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound