Switch to full style
Discussions related to music in general.
Post a reply

BoC fan made vids

Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:35 am

hey there!

we've all seen the fan-made vids for various BoC songs around...I quite fancy having a go myself....(but not for a BoC song...one of my own) this will be the very first time I've mucked around with video but I'm up for a challenge....

first hurdle is finding some sort of retro footage...maybe some old PSAs or news footage....where do peeps go to find this sort of stuff? is there a particular website to use that compiles all this sort of stuff?...preferably free to use too

thanks in advance!

Re: BoC fan made vids

Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:00 pm

I've found archive.org I just wondered if anyone here uses any others to make music vids?

any better/similar public domain vid sites? or any that are more specific to the retro theme?

Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:18 am

this seems to be a big secret

Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:37 pm

I've noticed not a single reply, too. Strange.

I can't really offer up much help aside from the archive you mentioned, NASA has made available tons of their footage, there's also a nuclear bomb footage site. I think it's called 'Atom Central' but that might all be archived by now.

I've never made one of these videos but i do like when someone takes a different approach. Someone here was making videos to the Societas take songs but that hasn't come far yet. The initial results were amazing and unlike other vids.

Good luck. And i hope someone with actual know-how chimes in.

Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:24 am

NNYz? wrote:this seems to be a big secret

Yes we'd rather not tell you.

Who knows, it might prevent you from doing something that's been overdone.

That said, adding "scan" as a keyword to your 8/16 mm search will definitely yield much better results.

Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:09 pm

TheStatPow wrote:
NNYz? wrote:this seems to be a big secret

Yes we'd rather not tell you.

Who knows, it might prevent you from doing something that's been overdone.

well, it worked!! spent a few days searching!....cant be arsed now! I shall just concentrate on the overdone music side of things!
Post a reply