Strange Soup/The Thrift Store Tape Discussion

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
oh! the coordinates lead to the red white and blue thrift store (when done correctly oops)

Eagle Minded
Pay Close Attention

I like that this also sounds kind of ominous, like, "Listen up, fuckos, we're starting up now. This is the real fucking deal."

Obviously, I paraphrased. B)
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Posts Quantity
i dont think theres anything else to even be found from that video, unless you want to start dissecting the names and all that. pretty anticlimactic considering we already know where the tape was allegedly found. there's more to come anyway, so i guess we just have to wait

Eagle Minded
babylulu wrote:oh! the coordinates lead to the red white and blue thrift store (when done correctly oops)

Very cool.

So, if it's anyone other than BOC, then this is someone being pretty cool and showing off to the fanbase. Also, kudos to them for that ability.

If it's actually BOC, who wants to die on the hill saying it's forever a fake?
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

New Seed
babylulu wrote:oh! the coordinates lead to the red white and blue thrift store (when done correctly oops)

Indeed, this is the closest I can get everything to fit:

40.49554607, -80.06593906

The latitude is all the #'s from the text (in order from beginning to end), and the longitude is the #'s from the "error code."

The "A3" is still unaccounted for.

Funny it leads to a thrift store though.

Eagle Minded
We are gonna get got boys

Posts Quantity
supdudes wrote:

Indeed, this is the closest I can get everything to fit:

40.49554607, -80.06593906

The latitude is all the #'s from the text (in order from beginning to end), and the longitude is the #'s from the "error code."

The "A3" is still unaccounted for.

Funny it leads to a thrift store though.

a3 is 13, and it goes on the end of the latitude

Sherbet Head
In before the Rick Roll.

Eagle Minded
It better be a roll for the ages

Eagle Minded
Sky and Trails wrote:Holy shit, it's getting wild!
Buckling my seatbelt.

I haven't been doing any of the numbers work but thanks to those who have.

This is pretty cool.

And whoever said this is the real speculation forum - right on :)

just saying this is what its always been about, this is why they are so genuine and great.

the brothers have set up their fan base to manifest this strange discordian rhetoric
the sharing of fake media speculations
following of bread crumbs that lead down to dead ends
it’s truly a fascinating game.

I believe we are almost a version of hexagon sun, a collection of artists, film makers and musicians all trading and sharing work.

Eagle Minded
hexagonFox wrote:
Sky and Trails wrote:Holy shit, it's getting wild!
Buckling my seatbelt.

I haven't been doing any of the numbers work but thanks to those who have.

This is pretty cool.

And whoever said this is the real speculation forum - right on :)

just saying this is what its always been about, this is why they are so genuine and great.

the brothers have set up their fan base to manifest this strange discordian rhetoric
the sharing of fake media speculations
following of bread crumbs that lead down to dead ends
it’s truly a fascinating game.

I believe we are almost a version of hexagon sun, a collection of artists, film makers and musicians all trading and sharing work.

This is my favorite theory

I don’t see boc doing an arg again with all these clues and stuff. Been there, done that?

Posts Quantity
hexagonFox wrote:I believe we are almost a version of hexagon sun, a collection of artists, film makers and musicians all trading and sharing work.

Love this! 8)

boc or not, the speculation and ARGs can still be majestic even though they have been done before. There are a lot of new fans who did not experience that so I welcome the wack.

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:I don’t see boc doing an arg again with all these clues and stuff. Been there, done that?

Yeah, I can't help but doubting too.
The only thing that keeps me running is the music, I still think some tracks are extremely BoC alike (early era) and super well done, even this last guitar snippet within the coded video...if not them, the dude(s) has very good musical skills/taste.
Can't wait to know the truth!

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:I don’t see boc doing an arg again with all these clues and stuff. Been there, done that?

Agreed, but I’m here for the piss anyways

Eagle Minded

I compleatly agree with you. some one else said "what ever it is we won't expect it"
I like that

hexagonFox wrote:

I compleatly agree with you. some one else said "what ever it is we won't expect it"
I like that

This. And this also falls in line with this interview piece:
There may also have been others who have done the same things as us since the beginning but who, only after we emerged, discovered that there was an audience for that kind of music,
says Michael.
Concerning the obvious borrowing, it has mostly been very flattering to hear. The only time it felt awkward was when the track list for "The Campfire Headphase" was released and some people started spreading songs that they had made themselves on the internet under the name Boards Of Canada, with titles taken from the album. They include children's voices, hip hop beats and all of our features.

It’s good in a way,
continues Marcus.
Those who make carbon copies of our music in this way show that it is possible to parody our sound. Therefore, these parodies become motivation for us to find new ways of expressing ourselves.
source: https://bocpages.org/wiki/De_var_f%C3%B6rst_med

Again I think the whole ARG concept was a one time thing. And I’m fine with that. I’m ready for something novel.

Eagle Minded
How about a novel to coincide with an album? I wouldn’t mind some literature or a film.

Navaru wrote:How about a novel to coincide with an album? I wouldn’t mind some literature or a film.
they already did an album to a film. Tomorrows Harvest :)

Posts Quantity
whether or not it is BoC, args are still fun. i enjoy participating, and if it's a saucy BoC inspired album at the end of the tunnel, I would be mad.

it would be strange of BoC to choose "Pittsburgh" of all places to have an arg take place

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound