Now Playing:

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Site Admin
Yeah Keith is da man...

I own Unomia and I like to get Corduroy Road as well.
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
Mr Projectile- Sinking

Check this dude out, samples on Bleep.

Site Admin
@ Derail, everything on Merck is worth checking! ;)

Bola - Pae Paoe (direct link to the song for those who haven't heard it yet)

This is by far the best mastered electronic album I've ever heard, all the sounds are chrystal-clear and not to forget all the beautiful sounds and background synths he put into this ingenious album!
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
Aesthetics wrote:Squarepusher - Tetra-Sync

I wasn't really into Squarepusher.....then there was Tetra-Sync and my view changed drastically!

Great great track. Its relentless. Those drums and chords just keep progressing and, like a boards track, it could jus keep going and going!! I was played this only 1 month ago in an altered state of mind (h ha) and it hit me for 6. Unlike many Squarepusher tracks ive heard in the past..

Sherbet Head
Hey guys, thanks for the heads up on Helios. Great stuff on the website. Is "unomia" as good as the mp3s from his site? Oh, and I almost forgot, Squarepusher's your fuckin daddy!

Site Admin
zander two wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the heads up on Helios. Great stuff on the website. Is "unomia" as good as the mp3s from his site? Oh, and I almost forgot, Squarepusher's your fuckin daddy!

Unomia is even better!
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
I was listening to a Xela radio broadcast on typerecords and he said the new Helios full-length will be out on that label soon. :D

Site Admin
Plaid - Bo Bootch

Did anyone notice the Bo Bootch voice sample in this song?

I really dig the Dolphin sample, I always wondered if this is an electronic sample or a real sample.
Broadcast also used a dolphin sample, can't remember which song though.
Life is a Frequency

Site Admin
Derail wrote:I was listening to a Xela radio broadcast on typerecords and he said the new Helios full-length will be out on that label soon. :D

Xela radio broadcast!? I missed that....

Did he also mention if it'll be a Helios or a Goldmund release?
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
Four Tet - 'My Angel Rocks Back and Forth'

:D :D :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Aesthetics wrote:
Derail wrote:I was listening to a Xela radio broadcast on typerecords and he said the new Helios full-length will be out on that label soon. :D

Xela radio broadcast!? I missed that....

Did he also mention if it'll be a Helios or a Goldmund release?

It's still up man, just go to the radio section on the website. Xela says something like "Helios has been sending me a lot of really good tracks, and his second full-length will be out on typercords." So yeah, I'm almost positive it's not another Goldmund release, especially since that came out more recently.

Dayvan Cowboy
dj_todos wrote:Four Tet - 'My Angel Rocks Back and Forth'

My favorite Four Tet track.^ :D Have you heard the new one? It's definately growin on me!

Derail wrote:

My favorite Four Tet track.^ :D Have you heard the new one? It's definately growin on me!

Whats the titile of the new one?? How new??
I also like 'No More Mosquitos'
Have you seen the videos to any of his tracks?? Pretty good

Sherbet Head
Anonymous wrote:
Derail wrote:

Whats the titile of the new one?? How new??
I also like 'No More Mosquitos'
Have you seen the videos to any of his tracks?? Pretty good

Oops, forgot to sign in :oops:
Still gettin used to this board!! ha ha. Most others I use ask you to sign in before you can post a reply. That last post is from me

Dayvan Cowboy
Everything Ecstatic, came out a few months ago I believe. I have'nt seen any Four Tet vids, you know where I can see em?

Sherbet Head
I actually watched them last night at my mates. He had them on a dvd. I will ask him where he picked it up. Ive not looked into the internet to see if they are on there so dunno if you can see them online.

Dayvan Cowboy
Right now I'm straight rockin out to The Mars Volta- Deloused In The Comatorium :!:

Posts Quantity
Derail wrote:Everything Ecstatic, came out a few months ago I believe. I have'nt seen any Four Tet vids, you know where I can see em?

he has a dvd/ep twofer, like autechre's ganz_graf, with some excellent vids on it (which is what mr. todos is talking about, i believe).

also, the gamelan remix of 'sun, drums and soil' from e.e. (bside of the 12") is sublime. as are his madvillain remixes. one of my favourite artists.

Sherbet Head
kaini wrote:
Derail wrote:Everything Ecstatic, came out a few months ago I believe. I have'nt seen any Four Tet vids, you know where I can see em?

he has a dvd/ep twofer, like autechre's ganz_graf, with some excellent vids on it (which is what mr. todos is talking about, i believe).

also, the gamelan remix of 'sun, drums and soil' from e.e. (bside of the 12") is sublime. as are his madvillain remixes. one of my favourite artists.

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProd ... sku=178017

Picked it up in Virgin Megastore on Sat. £7. The videos are really good. Esp the Morris dancers!! Watch it and you will see what I mean.(I cant stand Morris dancers but this is quality) :lol:

Sherbet Head
Derail wrote:Right now I'm straight rockin out to The Mars Volta- Deloused In The Comatorium :!:

Hey, that's a great start-to-finish album. On the subject of rocking out, I am embroiled in QOTSA at the moment. Interesting story, (whether you like them or not) they started out in a similar fashion to BoC with outdoor generator concert parties out in the middle of nowhere. Small world I guess.

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound