Louis Cole (is a BoC stan)

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I debated posting this in the Boards of Canada subforum, but ultimately, it's probably more relevant here.

Any fans of Louis Cole lurking on Twoism?

I was casually watching this interview with him and immediately got caught off-guard as he namedropped Random 35 Track Tape and the Old Tunes comps as his favourite records. I don't think I've ever heard an established artist refer to these compilations in any capacity before, let alone in high regard as this, and I found his explanation for liking them to be super relatable. Unreleased BoC is best BoC and nothing else scratches that itch!

phpBB [media]

(conversation starts around 7:15)

For those unfamiliar, Louis Cole is a multi-instrumentalist/singer-songwriter type who, in particular, happens to be an exceptionally talented drummer. His latest album 'Quality Over Opinion' was potentially my favourite record of 2022.

I've included some clips below that capture the essence of Louis Cole. His music is very different to Boards for the most part, but sometimes he will wander into territories that aren't too distant from the Hexagon Sun.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

(2:45 onwards is essentially BoC-Funk 8) )

One Very Important Coder
Yo, big Louis Cole fan here! Incredibly inventive and talented musician, always fun, always on the verge of accessible and absolutely insane! <3

Thanks for this, I had not seen this interview. What a pleasant surprise to know he's into BoC!

Eagle Minded
subset wrote:Yo, big Louis Cole fan here! Incredibly inventive and talented musician, always fun, always on the verge of accessible and absolutely insane! <3

Thanks for this, I had not seen this interview. What a pleasant surprise to know he's into BoC!

Very pleased I'm not the only one here!

Since starting this thread I actually went to one of his shows and it was just as insane as you'd expect. Equal parts fun and mindblowing. If you haven't had the chance to go see him yet, I couldn't recommend it enough.

Also, the BoC thing is indeed crazy. I read somewhere a long time ago that he was into Boards, which didn't seem like anything unusual as they're often name-dropped by many artists, but I didn't quite realise the extent of his fandom until that interview. Dude probably has a Twoism account :lol:

Posts Quantity
I discovered Louis Cole a few months ago when I randomly came across a Knower video on YouTube. This dude is a genius.

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm a big fan of Knower! Also Louis Cole's other project Clown Core.

Fun fact, Marcus's Twitter account followed Louis Cole and Genevieve Artadi before it wiped its follow list a few months ago, and his Instagram account still follows them + the official Knower page. No official confirmation the accounts are legit - I tend to think they are - but if so, it seems their appreciation is mutual.

Eagle Minded
Yes! Knower and Clown Core are both incredible. Genevieve opened for Louis when I went to his show a couple months back, and they both closed his set with Overtime. Absolute treat.

SamuraiDrifter wrote:Fun fact, Marcus's Twitter account followed Louis Cole and Genevieve Artadi before it wiped its follow list a few months ago, and his Instagram account still follows them + the official Knower page. No official confirmation the accounts are legit - I tend to think they are - but if so, it seems their appreciation is mutual.

Hmm, that's very interesting. Of course, the jury's still out on the legitimacy of Marcus' accounts but that would be so sick if true!

Return to This Random Sound