Stars of the Lid

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
wow! thank you for turning me onto these dudes!

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ7CU9QIHAA[/url]

Requiem For Dying Mothers, Pt. 2 from Tired Sounds is just :shock:

a staple in my meditation sessions from now until eternity

Happy Cycler
I can't stop listening to 'E7' - I really hope that piece makes it on to the album, especially so if they keep the awesome vocal sample from this version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezG4FgNjZJk
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
fujee wrote:I can't stop listening to 'E7' - I really hope that piece makes it on to the album, especially so if they keep the awesome vocal sample from this version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezG4FgNjZJk

Mate, I have never heard this before. THANK YOU!

It is beautiful. I love the direction they are going with this, it has something in it of the religious/spiritual tone we saw in AWVFTS.

Happy Cycler
Welcome mate, pretty cool huh :)
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
Just managed to find FLAC copies of Carte-De-Visite and Maneuvring the Nocturnal Hum. Great as usual, the live atmosphere on side B of Nocturnal is great too.

Better still on vinyl... ;-)

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
I'm catching you up Mex :wink:

Nice! Just need Gravitational on vinyl and I'll have the set. Lid on wax is one of life's essentials.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Fuck me. I am so jealous. Bastards!!!!!!!

Dayvan Cowboy
Stop pushing me towards 'Refinement' on vinyl! I know the moment I cave and buy one off ebay/discogs it'll get reissued. ;-)

Boqurant
That collection shown above is a thing of utter beauty! And I too struggle daily on caving and snagging Refinement off the internet daily... Reissues PLEASE!!!
Cerebro See Through Red Eye

www.soundcloud.com/miiiimuzik

Happy Cycler
Haha sorry guys, not trying to show off.. its just your the only folks I know who would appreciate it! Hardly anyone even knows who SOTL are, plus it's helpful to see what my miserable bank balance has amounted to every now and then (totally worth it). As for represses, it appears from a link posted earlier on in the thread, that they are on the Kranky 'to-do list' but I think the new album and other commitments are getting in the way for now. Kranky is a pretty small operation, if their dire website is anything to go by. Like Mex, I would like a Gravitational Pull repress to complete the set, especially as the cheapest going these days is roughly 70 pounds, way too much unfortunately. I'd also like a Tired Sounds remaster/repress, that'd be cool. Patience is a virtue in ambient/electronic circles it seems!

Sherbet Head
Yeah reissue please so that the prices of the originals will drop :)

Oh and a super nice collection above there! I should continue working towards something similar as well.

Dayvan Cowboy
The Mouthchew Part 2. on Carte-de-Visite samples or recreates the melody from Piano Aquieu. Anyone else catch that?

Attention all Canadian Lid fans!!

SOTL playing the Unsound Festival in Toronto this summer. You lucky b#*stards!

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Lucky indeed.

It's reassuring they are adding these sporadic live dates, it makes me optimistic about about the longevity of them as a band. While I do like AWVFTS, they don't reach anywhere near the magic & majesty of when Brian & Adam get together (in my opinion), so I do hope the impending release doesn't turn out to be a death knell...

Having said that, as long as they're both enjoying making music I'll be happy. I know Brian has hinted at another solo release which would be wonderful, his previous two records have been treasures to me these last years.

Dayvan Cowboy
Argh. Come to me precious beings!

Posts Quantity
Anyone know if there's a recording floating around of last nights gig at Toronto Unsound Festival?

Not aware of one but guess it would take a day or two to make it online if there is?

The photos looked incredible though!

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
You're right of course, hopefully something will pop up in the next few days - I'm over eager to hear something new!

The new album could be a while away yet as according to Adam it's “still slowly being recorded”.

http://www.self-titledmag.com/2015/06/1 ... new-album/

All good, slowly but surely.

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound