Stars of the Lid

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Posted on Facebook today -

"... a wee bit of knob tweaking on the new SOTL with our guide & instructor, Mr. Robert Hampson...."

Eagle Minded
If new SOTL drops this year (autumn time preferably) I am not going to ask for anything else ever anymore. I'd probably be as hyped as I was for the new Boards, if not even more. I like Winged Victory and their side-projects, but find them pretty sub-par to SOTL in the end. They all have the feeling of other half missing.

I wholeheartedly agree with this post ^^^

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
I thought this comment on Amazon for And their refinement... was perfect.

Mid winter. Buy a coach ticket from the centre of London to The Lake District - settle back into your seat and look at the view passing by, put ...And Their Refinement Of The Decline on your personal hi-fi and by the time you reach Ambleside and the end of the second disc you will have felt a bit melancholy, smiled, felt a bit lonely, had a little cry, fallen in love, decided to keep in closer touch with friends, felt loved, decided to go on that gardening course, pondered the universe and your place in it, arrived at a place of peace with yourself ready for some warm home cooking and the best sleep you've ever had. That's Stars Of The Lid.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

You missed the most important factor: 'Slow Down...'
:wink:

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Not my writing mate, just something I saw, but yes slow down :wink:
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
Over the last year my depression has started to give way to omnipresent anxiety and increasingly frequent panic attacks. The only way I can get any work done these days is to sit down at my desk after sunset with Stars of the Lid on the stereo and a glass of gin (not getting drunk, I should note) with the lights turned low. It's the only time I feel completely collected most days.

That's what SotL has done for me, and that's why they'll always be my favorite artists.
"Life is a stupid, meaningless thing that has nothing to teach you." -Slavoj Zizek

Dayvan Cowboy
I wonder why the film was never released... I assume only 'ZF Films' knows for sure.

My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Dayvan Cowboy
Goiter Sanchez wrote:I wonder why the film was never released... I assume only 'ZF Films' knows for sure.

I'm assuming that it's still going to be released, just that they're taking they're time. Doesn't bode well for the timeliness of any new album though...

jcnporter wrote:
Goiter Sanchez wrote:I wonder why the film was never released... I assume only 'ZF Films' knows for sure.

I'm assuming that it's still going to be released, just that they're taking they're time. Doesn't bode well for the timeliness of any new album though...

I've had a little communication on the movie from both Adam Wilzie and the guys at ZF movies. In short, the band have little to do with it other than appearing in it as far as I can tell.

ZF movies contacted me a few years ago after I posted doubts about the movie ever seeing the light of day and asked (politely I should say) if I would remove the comments as the movie would be ready within the year. I took that in good faith and after a bit of banter retracted my comments. 2/3 years later and here we are...

The only other thing I'd add is that when I put Adam's comments (basically 'we've no idea what's happening with this') to ZF movies, they seemed perplexed and claimed they'd been slightly more involved than Adam had let on.

Make of this what you will, but the new album is on it's way and there are a few comments and photos on Adam Wiltzie's facebook page to that effect. Plus, several of us heard some new material at the last SOTL gig in London last year too :wink:

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Once this band clicks, Jesus H. Christ :shock:

Posts Quantity
posted something along these lines in another SOTL thread a few months back, but I think it got lost in the maelstrom.

ANYWAY, I messaged Adam on facebook about a potential Tired Sounds Reissue, he replied 'yes, next year'. so there we go!

Spirit Fingers wrote:posted something along these lines in another SOTL thread a few months back, but I think it got lost in the maelstrom.

ANYWAY, I messaged Adam on facebook about a potential Tired Sounds Reissue, he replied 'yes, next year'. so there we go!

Nice!! As with the BOC reissues, I forked out top-dollar for a copy a few years back, but it's fantastic that perhaps others will soon be able to own this essential work on vinyl. 8)

Slow down...

Oh to live in Chicago!!

Man what a line up. Think I'd go to all four nights :(

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
I really hope there will be a concert in Germany at one point, I'd die to see them live!
Apparently there was one in Berlin back in 2007, too bad I didn't know about them back then.

I'd be gobsmacked if there wasn't a Berlin gig fairly soon actually. New material is being recorded at the moment and considering Adam Wiltzie lives in Europe (Belgium I believe) and has Berlin connections aplenty, I think you won't have to wait all that long.

And for the record, they're worth waiting for live :wink:

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
damn, that sounds so great.. I saw them last December mind, so I suppose it's ok..

Posts Quantity
Mexicola wrote:I'd be gobsmacked if there wasn't a Berlin gig fairly soon actually. New material is being recorded at the moment and considering Adam Wiltzie lives in Europe (Belgium I believe) and has Berlin connections aplenty, I think you won't have to wait all that long.

I asked them and unfortunately they gave me a clear 'no'. Still cool they replied that quickly :)

Scyye wrote:
Mexicola wrote:I'd be gobsmacked if there wasn't a Berlin gig fairly soon actually. New material is being recorded at the moment and considering Adam Wiltzie lives in Europe (Belgium I believe) and has Berlin connections aplenty, I think you won't have to wait all that long.

I asked them and unfortunately they gave me a clear 'no'. Still cool they replied that quickly :)

Adam is often pretty approachable online :wink:

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound