[fake] Boards of Canada - Sur Round (original by Sensiva)

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
I also believe Retro created them both.
And he isn't denying it (at least for 2 weeks now).
So, Retro, did you created both these tracks? Or one of them?
Bring us light.. bring us light..

Dayvan Cowboy
Earthbound wrote:I also believe Retro created them both.
Wanted to clear this up
1. I didn't make these tunes.
2. A youtube member sent them.
3. My name appears in the track but its not me.
4. Ive lost all contact and i'm in the dark like the rest of you ;)

Site Admin
5. I don't believe you.
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
The track that's available from Rapidshare, "Sur Round2 from Rat" uhhh.. doesn't sound like the song in the video.

The song in the video is good.

Sherbet Head
Retrodreaming wrote:
Wanted to clear this up

Why the fucking charade then? I hate you.
Viper.

Dayvan Cowboy
CoBoC wrote:
Retrodreaming wrote:
Wanted to clear this up

charade? didn't think there was one,look the video i posted on here was titled Boards of canada ok,then i contacted the youtube member but he didn't reply,then i got a reply from another youtube member who sent me 2 tracks!.Now i tried contacting him but after a few hours his account was closed! So it's a mystery to me aswell! To be honest i dont think i was giving anyone the run around,all i was doing was highlighting this track and trying to found the real source/artist,so i'm sorry if this upsets some of you,but i think what really pisses some of you of is the fact the tune was titled Boards of canada...correct? Anyway I DIDN'T MAKE THIS TUNE!! So if you want to h8 on me so be it,but if anyone wants the tunes ask someone else because i wont be giving it out any more...CLOSED!!

Happy Cycler
guys i don't think this is an issue worth hating each other over. everyone take a chill pill.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Eagle Minded
I guess that some people can't tag it as boc cuz last years a lot of artists made fake tracks defeating all posibilities of confidence on the authorship of any 'new' boc track. In my opinion the sur round file that retro give us is Boc at all, a good boc fan can identify a true song by them.

How bob said, don't worry be happy guys
Bye
Telephasic Workshop

Sherbet Head
Guys guys,

Keep your shirt on!
I believe you RD, no biggy. So everything that matters is to thank you for the link and tracks!

But Pylon, dude, that would be a big surprise for me if BoC actually created this track. It really doens't sound like BoC to me. But they have surprised me before, so, who knows..

Sherbet Head
Retrodreaming wrote:
CoBoC wrote:
Retrodreaming wrote:
Wanted to clear this up

charade? didn't think there was one,look the video i posted on here was titled Boards of canada ok,then i contacted the youtube member but he didn't reply,then i got a reply from another youtube member who sent me 2 tracks!.Now i tried contacting him but after a few hours his account was closed! So it's a mystery to me aswell! To be honest i dont think i was giving anyone the run around,all i was doing was highlighting this track and trying to found the real source/artist,so i'm sorry if this upsets some of you,but i think what really pisses some of you of is the fact the tune was titled Boards of canada...correct? Anyway I DIDN'T MAKE THIS TUNE!! So if you want to h8 on me so be it,but if anyone wants the tunes ask someone else because i wont be giving it out any more...CLOSED!!

Retrodreaming wrote:All right already..i'm very sorry..the track was made by me aka retrodreaming...(looks down, bottom lip drops,blinks once, blinks twice)

Well, I guess the above is what I was referring to. You pretended to "admit" to being the creator. Very confusing to read after you posted so much about wanting to know who made it.

So I flew off the handle a bit. I did finally check my PMs and I have the song now, so thank you for that. I'll try a bit more patience next time. I guess I just really hate being misled when it comes to acquiring/identifying music I really like.

But now I think you need to answer a couple more questions. Why, in the video track, did you add in information that says it's by "Retrodreaming(TM)", and why did you PM another song that wasn't even from the video? Your whole story so far just sounds fishy.
Viper.

Dayvan Cowboy
Ok i can see how this confused some people,but i was joking with hills west,if you look i just copied his comment...well changed it abit :wink: And to be honest i shouldnt of admitted it was mine that was wrong of me,i can see that now so i apologise for that.As for the track/s i don't want any part of it,i have given up my search.

Sherbet Head
So, you gonna ignore my other questions then? Like why you put your alias in the file info? Why there's another song?
Viper.

Dayvan Cowboy
CoBoC wrote:So, you gonna ignore my other questions then? Like why you put your alias in the file info? Why there's another song?
And answer to your question about the other track,this was sent to me while i was messaging the poster,then for some reason the original link changed to this other track and a new link was sent to me with my NAME in the file......so i was confused as much as you.

Dayvan Cowboy
Also there's a little more to the story as well,i had a youtube account under the name Vtwinsp1 which had alot of Boards of canada videos and retrodreaming™ was used in my pages because it was my old name on there,like i said this was sent to me through youtube,but sadly my account is closed for copyright :cry:

Sherbet Head
I did finally check my PMs and I have the song now, so thank you for that. I'll try a bit more patience next time.

You're welcome mate :? 8)

Posts Quantity
Green Pylon wrote:a good boc fan can identify a true song by them.

Are you sure about that? Wouldn't a true BoC song perfectly pass as someone's bad fake 'til there was some sort of official confirmation? because I recall SAI for example being considered fake by many... :wink:

besides, can't BoC surprise us anymore? It would be a tad somber future indeed

Dayvan Cowboy
i've been playing this song often the past few days, shame that the artist remains 'in the dark'.

New Seed
It's a fake
Привет.

Site Admin
Sensiva wrote:It's a fake

We know it's fake, that's why it is in This Random Sound section and not in the Boards of Canada section ;)

Welcome on board! I love your music btw!
Life is a Frequency

Posts Quantity
I agree that it doesn't sound like BoC, but the youtube user has made a clear prediction: "13th January 2009 - release date". At least that's a falsifiable claim, unlike a lot of these "sometime soon" kinds of declaration.

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound