[fake] Boards of Canada - Sur Round (original by Sensiva)

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
sorry i didn't see this thread earlier.

Dayvan Cowboy
enjoying this more and more with each listen, the video adds an interesting atmosphere to the song..

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't understand why the artist tagged this as BoC instead of using his own handle and gaining some fans. In the context of BoC-inspired or BoC-derived music this is pretty much in the top class, and the video is masterful addition to the music as well in my opinion.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Dayvan Cowboy
Wow lots of replys,just to clear up this wasn't done by me,it's a track i just happened to come across,like all of you, i to want to find out who this artist is ;)...............

Dayvan Cowboy
Guido wrote:I don't understand why the artist tagged this as BoC instead of using his own handle and gaining some fans. In the context of BoC-inspired or BoC-derived music this is pretty much in the top class, and the video is masterful addition to the music as well in my opinion.

exactly!

Dayvan Cowboy
Retrodreaming wrote:Wow lots of replys,just to clear up this wasn't done by me,it's a track i just happened to come across,like all of you, i to want to find out who this artist is ;)...............

well, the geezer who uploaded lives in ireland and is 18 years old, so that tells us... nothing

Dayvan Cowboy
ross adey wrote:
Retrodreaming wrote:Wow lots of replys,just to clear up this wasn't done by me,it's a track i just happened to come across,like all of you, i to want to find out who this artist is ;)...............

well, the geezer who uploaded lives in ireland and is 18 years old, so that tells us... nothing
yeah that's true and they have changed there location because yesterday it was Kasakstan..

Dayvan Cowboy
Ok someone has sent me the mp3,grab it here
DELETED

Site Admin
Retrodreaming wrote:Ok someone has sent me the mp3,grab it here
DELETED

I'm sorry to be so rude.. but don't you think we shouldn't endorse the spread fake BoC tracks?
Perhaps retag this file to the actual producer and upload it again.

You obvisously know the original artist... tell him that his scam to get people listen to his music did in fact work.
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
Aesthetics wrote:
Retrodreaming wrote:Ok someone has sent me the mp3,grab it here
DELETED

I'm sorry to be so rude.. but don't you think we shouldn't endorse the spread fake BoC tracks?
Perhaps retag this file to the actual producer and upload it again.

You obvisously know the original artist... tell him that his scam to get people listen to his music did in fact work.
Sorry man,i'm working on it,waiting for a reply.As for knowing the artist I DONT KNOW THEM ;) there ive said it again.Soon as i get new info i'll repost the file with the prop artist,once again Aesthetics i'm sorry for posting file it was wrong of me.

Eagle Minded
this is very great!

PD: I guess if that was posted on wrong subforum...
Last edited by Green Pylon on Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Telephasic Workshop

Dayvan Cowboy
the song was ok, but its pretty easy to spot a boards of canada ripoff. i think when we do hear the new boc music, it will be something more along the lines of the why? remix. you could tell it was boc, but they didnt just sound like a ripoff of themselves. it seems like a lot of the imitations and fakes are about twelve years behind boards of canada.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Eagle Minded
IT'S A SCHEME TO GET US TO LIKE TYCHO

I actually have no idea who the song is by though.

Posts Quantity
Beacon wrote:IT'S A SCHEME TO GET US TO LIKE TYCHO

I actually have no idea who the song is by though.

It sounds a lot like Tycho to me too, actually. Same crisp, technically excellent production. I liked it much more than any Tycho I've heard, though.

Sherbet Head
Joebot Kill wrote:the song was ok, but its pretty easy to spot a boards of canada ripoff. i think when we do hear the new boc music, it will be something more along the lines of the why? remix. you could tell it was boc, but they didnt just sound like a ripoff of themselves. it seems like a lot of the imitations and fakes are about twelve years behind boards of canada.

VERY ON POINT!!! I didn't see that remix coming! Its very un-boc but still very boc :D This is just a copycat, deal with it.

When I first heard SAI from TCH (first track I heard from it from a dj from Ninjatunes, some thought it was fake actually) I was like "wow this is BOC and a new direction for them, totally fresh but still BOC, amazing!!!". I know that it will be the same with the new BOC record, they never stop to amaze me. To quote BOC "Probably next time around all the fakes will include wobbly guitars like the ones we use on the new album (laughs). Meanwhile, we'll come out with a very electronic record."
;)

Stop imitating, start creating your own style. Speaking of Tycho, his new stuff is actually starting to sound like his own style (more than this imo), I like "The Daydream" a lot! (this could e tycho tho :P). Its more important to be original than sounding like someone else and do it well.

Bring on some Bibio, Fennesz and BOC now please.

Dayvan Cowboy
allright allready..im sorrie..the track was made by me...(long stare, eyebrows raised, looks left, looks right)

Dayvan Cowboy
hills west wrote:allright allready..im sorrie..the track was made by me...(long stare, eyebrows raised, looks left, looks right)

Cool man, great track!
Please 'Like' the Retronym Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/retronymlabel if you enjoy our free releases, spread the word! http://www.retronym.co.uk

Site Admin
hills west wrote:allright allready..im sorrie..the track was made by me...(long stare, eyebrows raised, looks left, looks right)

Please don't tell me you were the one who uploaded it as a fake BoC track, will you?
Life is a Frequency

Eagle Minded
I recommend a good carefully listen through the track.
Telephasic Workshop

Happy Cycler
People here say they don't like BoC copycats when...
(It pains me to say this and I don't mean any harm, you all make great music I DO NOT WANT ANY BACKLASH OR FLAMES AGAINST ME)
Half of the artists here sound like they're trying to be BoC.

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound