villain accelerate - maid of gold

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
this is one proper release, been listening to it since 2006.. very strong dark yet chilled out material.
extremely recommended for all of you hiphop heads out there..

Coming off a string of well received productions including work for Sage Francis' Personal Journals, his instrumental classic, Duration, his latest Vertical Form LP, Antagonist Survival Kit as well as a multi-record deal with Ninja Tune, Montreal transplant Sixtoo joins forces with his old production mate Stigg of the Dump to form the group Villain Accelerate. Their debut, Maid of Gold, may be the most accomplished instrumental release in the Mush catalog. A sonic barrage of breakneck drums, dark samples, pulsing bass, and unsettling electronics, it is the work of a hip-hop production team with the engineering chops of the most sonically skilled drum and bass producer. Maid of Gold is destined to be a staple of the Mush catalog.

They seamlessly mix dark, flowing beats with a bevy of eccentric concrete-ish sonics - XLR8R / Hardly has a familiar groove felt so comfortable - Entertainment Weekly / May make you want to nod your head, dance, start a revolution, start a fight, or just chill out - Hip-Hop DX / Polished and remarkably dusky-dark instrumental hip-hop - Undercover

sample here: http://www.mushrecords.com/release/MH219.php

I don't want to post a link here as it is against forum rules.
but I just want to remind you that sharing is caring ;)

ps: i like using twoism PMs.

cheers

Return to This Random Sound