--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
88marquis wrote:as long as its not modern country =P

:( my mom says you can't come over to play anymore.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Sherbet Head
turquoise70 wrote:
88marquis wrote:as long as its not modern country =P

:( my mom says you can't come over to play anymore.

I can no longer associate myself with this board.

GOOD DAY.
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Sherbet Head
88marquis wrote:
Skytree wrote:Chaga

FINALLY! I'm able to actually listen to this, my computer at home is being a dickface and it would never load the quicktime - at work listening to it right now, i always love your tracks man they are so damn different and you use so many great sounds - i love how spontanious they are too, keeps me interested all the way through, keep doing what you're doing man you've got it down.

EDIT: Dude, do i hear a door (wood?) creeking? Thats fuckin awesome.

Happy to hear you were able to listen. The sound I think you're referring to was a creaking chair. I sequenced the individual clicks to be in time with the rhythm...made for an interesting texture.

This track is the first rough draft I have for a new project that's (relatively) all acoustic. No synthesizers or sampled beats. I've had a lot of fun so far just playing instruments rather than getting a headache on the computer.

Sherbet Head
http://91plus.bandcamp.com/
^FREE ALBUM^

<i> how strange it is to be anything at all </i>

Happy Cycler

Very nice tune, man!

Telepath
ninetyoneplus wrote:New stuff:

http://soundcloud.com/naturalysis/sets/demo-8

I love the composition but the arrangements are a little stiff and dry. I'd recommend replacing the beat with better/grittier samples.

Also, I would avoid dry basslines like the ones in January. But of course...its your music :wink:

Telepath
http://soundcloud.com/theparacat/pwaosa

Dunno, I kinda like it! :D

The beat is really messy though. It still needs some cleaning up to do.

Sherbet Head
Skytree wrote:
Happy to hear you were able to listen. The sound I think you're referring to was a creaking chair. I sequenced the individual clicks to be in time with the rhythm...made for an interesting texture.

This track is the first rough draft I have for a new project that's (relatively) all acoustic. No synthesizers or sampled beats. I've had a lot of fun so far just playing instruments rather than getting a headache on the computer.

I picked up my bass for the first time in a couple weeks last night, made me want to start using my instruments instead of all the virtual business I've been going crazy with. I've got an acoustic cort, electric yamaha, super nice stagg bass, an ibanez bass too - and i've somehow acquired my dads ovation acoustic - has a plastic body which is round, i hate it SO much. Anways, glad to hear the guitar isn't dead!

Sherbet Head
Cupz wrote:
ninetyoneplus wrote:New stuff:

http://soundcloud.com/naturalysis/sets/demo-8

I love the composition but the arrangements are a little stiff and dry. I'd recommend replacing the beat with better/grittier samples.

Also, I would avoid dry basslines like the ones in January. But of course...its your music :wink:

Thanks, this stuff is still in the works.
^FREE ALBUM^

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:

Very nice tune, man!

agreed. would like to hear more like this!

Sherbet Head
Cupz I left comments on the track.

All behold soundcloud.
^FREE ALBUM^

Telepath
ninetyoneplus wrote:Cupz I left comments on the track.

All behold soundcloud.

Thanks man! I love getting these comments. Its still work in progress so it makes sense that you're absolutely right. You think a buildup makes the speed-up drums work better?

Edit: I'm also thinking about replacing that last melody. I think its...to cute youknow. Your thoughts?

Sherbet Head
Kinda random, but I just found a tape of me talking into the microphone circa 8 years old.

WIN for sampling!
^FREE ALBUM^

Sherbet Head
88marquis wrote:
Skytree wrote:

I picked up my bass for the first time in a couple weeks last night, made me want to start using my instruments instead of all the virtual business I've been going crazy with. I've got an acoustic cort, electric yamaha, super nice stagg bass, an ibanez bass too - and i've somehow acquired my dads ovation acoustic - has a plastic body which is round, i hate it SO much. Anways, glad to hear the guitar isn't dead!

Virtual instruments have their place, but I spend most of my work day at the computer...coming home and staring at a screen for a few more hours took its toll in the past (sore neck, irritability, shit ideas, etc). I love just picking up an instrument and coaxing something out of it. It's sort of a collaborative process, where the physiciality of it presents unique limitations and possibilities.

The Ovation lyracord body is a pain in the ass...always tends to slip around when playing. Still, Ovations usually have a beautiful sound, especially when plugged in. I'd recommend playing around with it, adding a few effects, etc...you might change your mind!

Sherbet Head
mechanismj wrote:

Very nice tune, man!

Cheers. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
88marquis wrote:Hey guys, just finished this actually, been sick with a fever/chest pain/swollen throat/ear ache, and some other shit too - been in my bedroom all day chillin', this is was came of it.

www.myspace.com/88marquis

first track, called Blood Beach - fuck i miss summer.

peace!
Hey i thought id give one of your tunes a listen and i really like Blood Beach!! do you have an mp3 i can have ;)
<center>de ['] ja [,] vu
nʌ ['] ɐɾ [,] ǝp

Telepath

That's what I'm talking about 8) (and this is just what I did with FL, I also used cubase and audacity)

EAT THAT, DUAL CORE PROCESOR! :lol:

http://soundcloud.com/theparacat/sleep-hiking

Its done :D

Dayvan Cowboy
that's a nice little track you have there cupz, the stops are a simple yet an affective touch, i especially like it when the 'lead' synthesizer does the same...reminds me of pressing stop on an old cassette player. :D

Happy Cycler
woah Paracat. Looks like one of my tracks.
Last edited by The Telepathic Kid on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
Cupz wrote:Image

That's what I'm talking about 8) (and this is just what I did with FL, I also used cubase and audacity)

EAT THAT, DUAL CORE PROCESOR! :lol:

http://soundcloud.com/theparacat/sleep-hiking

Its done :D

I dig it bra!

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound