--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Cupzie yours was cool. I like.
Last edited by The Telepathic Kid on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
I don't really know what happened, but my hands just started making all this crazy dark material - named it 'Inclination' - should i keep going with this? It just flows for me oddly.

www.myspace.com/88marquis First track as usual.
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Sherbet Head
Cupz that version sounds lovely.

Hey people! Use soundcloud or you're a fascist.
http://91plus.bandcamp.com/
^FREE ALBUM^

<i> how strange it is to be anything at all </i>

Telepath
Thanks guys. And yeah, I do think we should all give feedback and tips. We could make this thread into somethin wonderfull.

Happy Cycler

Dayvan Cowboy
two lovely ideas there 88marquis and telepathic kid :)

Dayvan Cowboy
ninetyoneplus wrote:Cupz that version sounds lovely.

Hey people! Use soundcloud or you're a fascist.

what's wrong with uploading tracks to your own webspace?

i beta tested Soundcloud last year and didn't like it

Sherbet Head
yeah, just dony use zshare/megaupload etc cause they are really annoying to deal with. bandcamp.mu is pretty good too.
http://91plus.bandcamp.com/
^FREE ALBUM^

<i> how strange it is to be anything at all </i>

Sherbet Head
Can't access Soundcloud or Myspace at work...personal webspace + direct link is definitely preferable.

Dayvan Cowboy
Nice on Chaga, Skytree..

Around 3:40, when the drums start breaking, you got the bass in there and the guitars, almost sounds like a U2 production track.. I can hear Bono singing..

Everyone hates U2, so I'm sure you resent that. (I personally love U2 though.)

PS the creaking sound is just a bit hard on my ears
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Sherbet Head
saturdayindex wrote:Nice on Chaga, Skytree..

Around 3:40, when the drums start breaking, you got the bass in there and the guitars, almost sounds like a U2 production track.. I can hear Bono singing..

Actually, i heard a U2 song i enjoyed the other day, called Put your boots on why don't you, i think its their newest track, its pretty cool - definitely not their normal style.

Dayvan Cowboy
88marquis wrote:

Actually, i heard a U2 song i enjoyed the other day, called Put your boots on why don't you, i think its their newest track, its pretty cool - definitely not their normal style.

I'll have to check that out. My fav album by them so far is probably Achtung Baby. Read in Rolling Stone that they're coming out with a new one pretty soon.
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Sherbet Head
saturdayindex wrote:
88marquis wrote:

I'll have to check that out. My fav album by them so far is probably Achtung Baby. Read in Rolling Stone that they're coming out with a new one pretty soon.

Its actually called Get On Your Boots haha, i could have sworn i heard the DJ say Put your boots on why don't you, anyhow, pretty rockin' song, i like what hes doing with his voice.

http://goyb.u2.com/ go there, it plays right away when the page loads, pretty cool track if you ask me, and i really dislike U2.

Dayvan Cowboy
88marquis wrote:
saturdayindex wrote:
88marquis wrote:

Its actually called Get On Your Boots haha, i could have sworn i heard the DJ say Put your boots on why don't you, anyhow, pretty rockin' song, i like what hes doing with his voice.

http://goyb.u2.com/ go there, it plays right away when the page loads, pretty cool track if you ask me, and i really dislike U2.

Hehe, that's pretty ironic. I checked out that track and I'm not a big fan at first listen. Maybe when the album comes out you'll become a raving U2 fan and I'll become a cynical ex-fan.

Dayvan Cowboy
another snippet of a work in progress, will be longer, more vocals, tweaked and whatnot

http://myuzyk.net/promo/Jankophone.mp3

Sherbet Head
Retrodreaming wrote:
88marquis wrote:Hey guys, just finished this actually, been sick with a fever/chest pain/swollen throat/ear ache, and some other shit too - been in my bedroom all day chillin', this is was came of it.

www.myspace.com/88marquis

first track, called Blood Beach - fuck i miss summer.

peace!
Hey i thought id give one of your tunes a listen and i really like Blood Beach!! do you have an mp3 i can have ;)

Glad you like the track man, I'm still working on it though I'm convinced it has more potential than i originally thought. Hells yeah i gots an mp3! You got any sort of messenger/aim?

Dayvan Cowboy
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3XGUAVCL

Just finished! A five-minute demo, samples of my best work, n my opinion, for a music course at university.

I've had to miss out a track for a certain reason. ;p

Sherbet Head
Techboy wrote:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3XGUAVCL

Just finished! A five-minute demo, samples of my best work, n my opinion, for a music course at university.

I've had to miss out a track for a certain reason. ;p

Hey man, love how refreshing this is to hear, you seem to know the piano extremely well! Tracks 2 and 3 are definitely my favorites, track 2 has pretty awesome sounds - they work well together and at about 20 seconds in it all comes together perfectly, and as for the 3rd track i love how fast it is, it reminds me of Battles quite a bit - let me know when you have the complete package up somewhere I'd love to get my hands on that man.

Dayvan Cowboy
hey man, thanks :) means a ton to me, honest.
i'm planning something pretty big, and i'll be posting on here about it when im done, so you can keep an eye out :)

Sherbet Head
Working on this track still i think, but I thought I'd share what i have so far - not even sure what to call it or how to describe it. Its the first track here http://www.myspace.com/88marquis untitled at the moment =)

happy listening

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound