--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
88marquis wrote:
turquoise70 wrote:
What is this? Does this even sound like Boreal Network? What am I doing? I feel like I can't get ahold of my "sound" anymore, I'm just experimenting and stuff. Thoughts?

Dude this is Boreal Network, i don't think you've lost your sound whatsoever, you're just progressing with it, which is amazing by the way - it needs a bit more to it though, something in your face, not sure what though seeing as I can't seem to manage it in anything I do, it is very frustrating.

thanks man... not sure what to add to it though, except maybe a vocal sample somewhere in there.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
Those Are The Headlines, I Wish They Weren't

I decided that I would see if I could make something live in Ableton improvising with some self-made loops...
I think it turned out quite well, and I was glad to use the backwards bassline sample from 'Slide Away' by the Verve, too.

http://kiwi6.com/upload/hotlink?id=k7ea8yo7

Sherbet Head
Going to be attempting crazy breakcore/glitchcore soon. Never tried it, but i really feel a calling for me to do this.

Learning new software is a bitch and a half by the way......
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Dayvan Cowboy
What software have you been using?

Sherbet Head
Finishing off an email for Carling. Yeah I know it's not music but that's what I'm working on *right now*.

Sherbet Head
I've been running ableton/fruityloops/cooleditpro, actually just finished the foundation on a new track i'm very excited about =)

Sherbet Head
Alright here we are - still don't have a name for this track, but soon!

http://www.myspace.com/88marquis

Its just untitled. More glitchy/idm than what I've done previous - still perfecting this track. I'm quite fond it it actually.

Let me know what you think guys, you're the best for criticism and opinions!

Eagle Minded
88marquis wrote:Alright here we are - still don't have a name for this track, but soon!

http://www.myspace.com/88marquis

Its just untitled. More glitchy/idm than what I've done previous - still perfecting this track. I'm quite fond it it actually.

Let me know what you think guys, you're the best for criticism and opinions!

Funny, I started listening Aphex and BoC came to mind and then I looked to see them listed as your influences. I like how you take it to a different place and use the percussion in a melodic sense without it being abrasive or jarring. That pad is great too, any feedback you'd share on the elements you used to create it?

"1992 in an igloo" cracks me up. Oh wait, just noticed its a track title also.

Dayvan Cowboy

Happy Cycler
working on trying to get abelton 5 running smoothly on my macbook. defragged my HD, trying running it with nothing else open. still craps out on me. 512MB of RAM just doesnt cut it, i guess. i dont knkow what else to do...
"It's been a long time..."

Dayvan Cowboy
i'm working on an album at the moment, but have uploaded two songs which don't really seem to fit in...opinions? www.myspace.com/aeron1986

Happy Cycler
9,19 20,8,5
12,1,2,5,12 20,15
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Sherbet Head
Bryan wrote:Funny, I started listening Aphex and BoC came to mind and then I looked to see them listed as your influences. I like how you take it to a different place and use the percussion in a melodic sense without it being abrasive or jarring. That pad is great too, any feedback you'd share on the elements you used to create it?

"1992 in an igloo" cracks me up. Oh wait, just noticed its a track title also.

Thanks man! Yeah i try to get the percussion to be as much a part of the song as any synth/pads, and i absolutely love working with beats and drums, I'm real tedious about them as well. As far as elements I used to do it, and with all of my other tracks too - I use Ableton (recently discovered) Fruity Loops for a little bit of percussion, and Cool edit pro for converting, fading, and cleaning up noise that isn't wanted.

The way i start a track is very simple, i record a simple riff from my synth (usually simple) and loop that. While its looping I come up with other baselines/floating melodies/soundscapes if you will.

Once I have several synth tracks recorded I start adding in effects (which are basically limitless thanks to the internet).

Once I have all the different elements created I head into my room to find my stash - I smoke that up, and then get to the beat. This is where I can't explain the process any further without sounding really ridiculous.

My imagination has a lot to do with the creation as well - I imagine some type of memory I have of when i was young, or living in the house i grew up in - i fucking miss that house. I guess this whole musical persona I have going is the best way for me to deal with my longing to be young again, in that house, with my cats, my big wheel, and my Nintendo.

Dayvan Cowboy
turquoise70 wrote:18,5,20,18,15,14,25,13
9,19 20,8,5
12,1,2,5,12 20,15

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagon son wrote:working on trying to get abelton 5 running smoothly on my macbook. defragged my HD, trying running it with nothing else open. still craps out on me. 512MB of RAM just doesnt cut it, i guess. i dont knkow what else to do...

You can defrag a mac harddrive? That's news to me... unless you're running windows on it.

Happy Cycler
ryetronics wrote:
hexagon son wrote:working on trying to get abelton 5 running smoothly on my macbook. defragged my HD, trying running it with nothing else open. still craps out on me. 512MB of RAM just doesnt cut it, i guess. i dont knkow what else to do...

You can defrag a mac harddrive? That's news to me... unless you're running windows on it.

sure, there is a program called (wouldn't you know it ^_^) "iDefrag. actually, my mac hasnt crashed since i used it over a week ago.
"It's been a long time..."

Telepath
http://soundcloud.com/theparacat/memories-9

Very moby'ish if you ask me.

Dayvan Cowboy
El Cazador de la Bruja

Sherbet Head
Cupz wrote:http://soundcloud.com/theparacat/memories-9

Very moby'ish if you ask me.

"Damn, can't find that track!"

Sherbet Head
Skytree wrote:Chaga

Damn dude.. this is so good, everything you have is amazing. I'm very surprised you don't get more credit for what you do - your music strikes me. Just thought I'd let you know once more.

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound