--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Telepath
I just finished one... is that allowed?

Can somebody PLEASE comment on it. Its really fucking weird, but for some reason...I keep listening it on repeat. Its so unlike anything I've ever done before. Its an IDM track...but with an ambient structure.

http://soundcloud.com/paracat/tromadome-highway

Happy Cycler
I think it's tight. And, it's not SO different you can't tell it's you. I think the synths used and the beat structures all scream Paracat! The atmospheres kind of remind me of Rain Games, in a good way. I like this.

Plus, that bass that keeps sort of revving in the background, like an engine, really gives the song some oomph. If the beats weren't so experimental this could definitely be converted into a pounding, headsplitting hip hop or dubstep track.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Telepath
turquoise70 wrote:I think it's tight. And, it's not SO different you can't tell it's you. I think the synths used and the beat structures all scream Paracat! The atmospheres kind of remind me of Rain Games, in a good way. I like this.

Plus, that bass that keeps sort of revving in the background, like an engine, really gives the song some oomph. If the beats weren't so experimental this could definitely be converted into a pounding, headsplitting hip hop or dubstep track.

Thanks allot!

care to remix it into a headsplitting hip-hop or dubstep track? :wink: :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
improvisation
playing a sample of my voice

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?y4cymznzegy

Happy Cycler
Cupz wrote:Thanks allot!

care to remix it into a headsplitting hip-hop or dubstep track? :wink: :lol:

very tempting ;) let me see what I come up with.

Sherbet Head
I'm really excited to show you guys what i've been doing, except myspace keeps giving horrible quality - does anyone know of anywhere that streams really good quality?
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Dayvan Cowboy
You can try last.fm for a little better quality.

Sherbet Head
Shadowshocker wrote:You can try last.fm for a little better quality.

Wow thanks man, you were definitely right on that one, quality is amazing!

Song is titled Kinnikinnick

Have this one up for free download on lastfm as well, let me know what you guys think - returning to my old roots.

http://www.last.fm/music/88+Marquis/_/Kinnikinnick

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm thinking about posting an album up onto last.fm, but I'm not quite sure it's ready...

Sherbet Head
Treefingers wrote:I'm thinking about posting an album up onto last.fm, but I'm not quite sure it's ready...

You could put it up somewhere else so we can take a peak perhaps? =P

Dayvan Cowboy
88marquis wrote:
Shadowshocker wrote:You can try last.fm for a little better quality.

Wow thanks man, you were definitely right on that one, quality is amazing!

Song is titled Kinnikinnick

Have this one up for free download on lastfm as well, let me know what you guys think - returning to my old roots.

http://www.last.fm/music/88+Marquis/_/Kinnikinnick

Pretty cool, I really liked it. It's good to hear someone's still experimenting with guitar and such rather than just a keyboard or software. My only critique is it's a little long for not changing much, but that might just be my short attention span :wink:

Telepath
88marquis wrote:I'm really excited to show you guys what i've been doing, except myspace keeps giving horrible quality - does anyone know of anywhere that streams really good quality?

Soundcloud is really interesting.

Telepath

Sherbet Head
Cupz wrote:http://soundcloud.com/paracat/tangled-hands

:D

Love how your beats are progressing man, still unsure about the really extreme tones in that track though - seems to pierce my ears a little bit.

Sherbet Head
Hey hey, just thought I'd let you all know i finished another track in case you might wanna have a peak. Called 'Polaris', you can listen here www.myspace.com/88marquis first track.

Oh and someone with really really good bass let me know how it sounds!

Eagle Minded
A song I've had in progress for a few months now, I've been working on it very slowly on and off, doing a bit of work on it every so often. The intro will probably be getting changed, and the ending is planned to continue building up more chaotically to explode into the track that'll follow it on the album (this being an essel album, the next song being probably of a completely different style than this song).

The name is "Apollo":
http://sl4.poned.com/music/wips/Apollo-5.mp3

I've gotten lots of positive feedback on it from friends I've played it for so far, so hopefully I'll be able to work out the remaining parts of it and turn it into something great to release!

If there's enough interest in it here, I might post up some of the other songs I've been working on.

And before anybody brings it up, I'm sorry the 16in24 thing fell apart. There were a couple of reasons, but screw it; I'll just take the blame for it :(

Happy Cycler
esselfortium wrote:And before anybody brings it up, I'm sorry the 16in24 thing fell apart. There were a couple of reasons, but screw it; I'll just take the blame for it :(

don't worry about it. I got a sweet track out of it, that i wound up submitting to OoT3 instead. i do think it was a cool idea, though, and should be repeated sometime when it works out better.

Dayvan Cowboy
I've just finished the 17 minute (mostly) ambient thing I've been working on:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=825NI3PT
Enjoy!

Sherbet Head
I've gotten back into using Max/MSP lately, I can just play with it for hours.

Sherbet Head
right now, i am writing tunes on acoustic guitar, with lyrics as well. gonna get them onto the comp then screw around with them and add lots of cool little tweaks. kinda slow tune so aiming to get the same scale as "alternate route to vulcan street" by the mighty super furry animals

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound