--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Joined: 30 Dec 2013
So I haven't posted on this topic in... quite a while (rarely elsewhere). Four years. Nice. Whee.

https://soundcloud.com/samuelspacen/love
This samples a song my high school wind ensemble played in our last concert in my senior year. It felt fairly important to me, so I went ahead and made a whole damn ambient thing out of it. It's got a few good ideas in it I think.

Don't ask me where all the 100+ listeners came from. Bots or some sh:t. I did absolutely nothing.

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Joined: 3 Jun 2013
Location: Los Angeles
northernlite wrote:fun jam on my eurorack this morning

phpBB [media]


Well done! Thanks for this.
+++++++++++++++++++++
bandcamp soundcloud


User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Joined: 3 Jun 2013
Location: Los Angeles
phpBB [media]
+++++++++++++++++++++
bandcamp soundcloud

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 315
Joined: 15 Feb 2015
Location: ØØ Gorgeous Pretty Beauty Nail Salon ØØ
Not sounds but video. I decided to bring out my old Tube camera with a very old and worn out tube and do video rescans (I basically have the camera pointed at the monitor playing the video) (Im taking requests btw)

I've done Reach For The Dead, I like the feel it gives the video, the old tube is bad with colors and needs a lot of exposure for it to capture the image or else its very faint, so I had to ramp up the contrast and the white balance is quite messy, if I do the normal white balance I don't get much colors so I have to ramp up the reds with the little knob on my camera but it seems to give out a lot of red noise too because I had to put it to a 6db boost, I might change the tube one day If I find out how, its a quite complex task ...

phpBB [media]

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 341
Joined: 29 Mar 2017
Location: The North
TheStatPow wrote:Not sounds but video. I decided to bring out my old Tube camera with a very old and worn out tube and do video rescans (I basically have the camera pointed at the monitor playing the video) (Im taking requests btw)

I've done Reach For The Dead, I like the feel it gives the video, the old tube is bad with colors and needs a lot of exposure for it to capture the image or else its very faint, so I had to ramp up the contrast and the white balance is quite messy, if I do the normal white balance I don't get much colors so I have to ramp up the reds with the little knob on my camera but it seems to give out a lot of red noise too because I had to put it to a 6db boost, I might change the tube one day If I find out how, its a quite complex task ...

phpBB [media]

That’s awesome! Love the old vibes... could you do “Jacquard Causeway”???

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 278
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: spain
I just finished a remix of Boc's "you could feel the sky"

https://soundcloud.com/diurn/boards-of- ... iurn-remix
Telephasic Workshop

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 858
Joined: 19 Jun 2015
Could use a few more farts if you want my honest opinion
Image

User avatar
New Seed
Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Joined: 4 Oct 2019
Working on a soundtrack for an RPG I'm creating...

https://soundcloud.com/kit_carruthers/galaxy-map
https://soundcloud.com/kit_carruthers/eran-world-map
https://soundcloud.com/kit_carruthers/ice-cave
https://soundcloud.com/kit_carruthers/b ... -1-midevil

It doesn't have as much style as my post-rock project, my experimental ambient project or my minimal techno project but I'm reasonably proud of them.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 315
Joined: 15 Feb 2015
Location: ØØ Gorgeous Pretty Beauty Nail Salon ØØ
Soul_Slip wrote:
TheStatPow wrote:Not sounds but video. I decided to bring out my old Tube camera with a very old and worn out tube and do video rescans (I basically have the camera pointed at the monitor playing the video) (Im taking requests btw)

I've done Reach For The Dead, I like the feel it gives the video, the old tube is bad with colors and needs a lot of exposure for it to capture the image or else its very faint, so I had to ramp up the contrast and the white balance is quite messy, if I do the normal white balance I don't get much colors so I have to ramp up the reds with the little knob on my camera but it seems to give out a lot of red noise too because I had to put it to a 6db boost, I might change the tube one day If I find out how, its a quite complex task ...

phpBB [media]

That’s awesome! Love the old vibes... could you do “Jacquard Causeway”???



Hell yeah! good idea. might get on it next weekend.

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 858
Joined: 19 Jun 2015
phpBB [media]
Image

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Joined: 3 Jun 2013
Location: Los Angeles
https://soundcloud.com/bendu/56-gland-a ... 41/s-Zg9Pd

phpBB [media]


Not sure why I can never get private soundcloud links to embed here.
+++++++++++++++++++++
bandcamp soundcloud

User avatar
New Seed
Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 Jun 2019
Location: Buffalo, NY
Long time lurker, finally joined a few months ago, but recently I've been working on an EP of sorts, demos if you will. Also do video work which has inspired me to really get back into the music composition/production aspect.

Always welcome constructive criticism or suggestions. I'm still a novice with producing electronic music.

https://bay-of-the-east.bandcamp.com

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 315
Joined: 15 Feb 2015
Location: ØØ Gorgeous Pretty Beauty Nail Salon ØØ
burst__of__indigo wrote:Long time lurker, finally joined a few months ago, but recently I've been working on an EP of sorts, demos if you will. Also do video work which has inspired me to really get back into the music composition/production aspect.

Always welcome constructive criticism or suggestions. I'm still a novice with producing electronic music.

https://bay-of-the-east.bandcamp.com



Cool vibes! I dig it.

Nicely mixed and not over the top, keep up the good work! 8)

User avatar
New Seed
Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 Jun 2019
Location: Buffalo, NY
TheStatPow wrote:
burst__of__indigo wrote:Long time lurker, finally joined a few months ago, but recently I've been working on an EP of sorts, demos if you will. Also do video work which has inspired me to really get back into the music composition/production aspect.

Always welcome constructive criticism or suggestions. I'm still a novice with producing electronic music.

https://bay-of-the-east.bandcamp.com



Cool vibes! I dig it.

Nicely mixed and not over the top, keep up the good work! 8)
Really appreciate the comment! Thank you, and glad you dig it

User avatar
Posts Quantity
Status: Offline
Posts: 147
Joined: 14 Nov 2017
Location: Toronto, Canada
I'm releasing a new EP next Friday, the 29th! :)

Hope you guys like this dark new techno-industrial track of mine:

phpBB [media]

User avatar
New Seed
Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 Jun 2019
Location: Buffalo, NY
Just wrapped my first release last weekend. I "rebranded" for lack of a better term. I'm proud of the result as a first time working through the experience. Always appreciate constructive criticism, suggestions. In my personal sphere it's hard to gauge who would be into what I produce so I don't spread it around much.

As an aside, has anyone done a DIY cassette release? Any tips/pointers? I'm planning a very low run but part of me thinks the cost and effort may be best avoided this early on...

https://surveychannel.bandcamp.com

Stuff is also on the various streaming services.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 315
Joined: 15 Feb 2015
Location: ØØ Gorgeous Pretty Beauty Nail Salon ØØ
burst__of__indigo wrote:Just wrapped my first release last weekend. I "rebranded" for lack of a better term. I'm proud of the result as a first time working through the experience. Always appreciate constructive criticism, suggestions. In my personal sphere it's hard to gauge who would be into what I produce so I don't spread it around much.

As an aside, has anyone done a DIY cassette release? Any tips/pointers? I'm planning a very low run but part of me thinks the cost and effort may be best avoided this early on...

https://surveychannel.bandcamp.com

Stuff is also on the various streaming services.


I really like the percussions on Rt-26 :]

Good vibes troughout the whole album, enjoyable Ambient!

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 278
Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Location: spain
https://soundcloud.com/diurn/plaid-recall-diurn-remix

I made another remix, in this case for Plaid's Recall recent track.

see ya
Telephasic Workshop

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 341
Joined: 29 Mar 2017
Location: The North
GeoDose wrote:I'm releasing a new EP next Friday, the 29th! :)

Hope you guys like this dark new techno-industrial track of mine:

phpBB [media]


Ha! I like this! Reminds me of the 90’s. I feel like this should be played in an underground basement rave or something like on The Matrix when neo first meets trinity!
Gives that dark sort of vibe also like NIN a little.

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests