Switch to full style
Discussions related to music in general.
Post a reply

Chameleon, new single on iTunes <- debunked by MDG

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:05 pm

http://itunes.apple.com/album/chameleon ... mpt=uo%3D2

WTF

But this cover is wrong. It's the cover by Susumu Yokota's new album Kaleidoscope.

check the iTunes sound sample. it definitely sounds like BoC!

I found this thanks to Soundamus:

http://www.soundamus.net/release/750943
Last edited by Fredd-E on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:08 pm

Hell freezes over.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:12 pm

Woah. Aaaand for some reason the audio on my laptop isn't working at all today; how convenient. Need to get on my other computer to give this a listen.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:15 pm

seems fishy

doesn't sound like a BoC track
and no mention on the warp site or their site about it.

but i'm going to buy it anyway.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:17 pm

fake i guess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIadksm7wjE

has been on the tube for over a year.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:18 pm

I bought the full track and listened to it once. It's a nice track whomever made it.

But the child vocals are very prominent in the mix. Like a bit over the top. But still I love it. Even though it sounds digital.

But the fact it's on youtube for over a year debunks it definitely...

I wonder how it got on iTunes like this??

That's odd!

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:23 pm

damn it all to hell...

but yeah sounds too processed and over produced to be BoC, IMO. Like FL Studio or some shit, too clean.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:26 pm

Just listened to it. Well, that's disappointing. Whoever wrote it, I'm not very impressed with it. Hoping it's not actually BoC.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:41 pm

Well I'd be interested to see how long it stays on iTunes for 'as BOC'. If this doesn't flush MDG out, nothing will - lol :wink:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:43 pm

its a nice track, but lacks boc depth...a little disappointed is this in fact them.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Seriously - assuming this isn't them I'm really pissed that someone would be so cheap as to use their name to flog a few 99p downloads. Part of me wants to listen to this, but I'm not paying some chancer for it. :evil:

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:53 pm

No way this is boc.
Lovely wee tune whoever made it. Ive used that child sample that goes YEAH before.
You know if it was boc if the drums were deeply produced, a nice thick thump and a nice clap in there, plus i dont think boc uses free vst's like dblue glitch.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Most def not BoC... let your ears be the judge, but it's sounds too computer based, and cleanly produced to be them.

Just my 2 cents.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:47 pm

so confused

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:55 pm

polar sky wrote:damn it all to hell...

but yeah sounds too processed and over produced to be BoC, IMO. Like FL Studio or some shit, too clean.

The only reason FL Studio has a reputation for sounding too clean is because too many of its users don't know their ass from their elbow when it comes to processing sound. I use FL Studio and while cleanliness of sound is currently something I'm fighting off in my music, I would hardly call my music "clean sounding". If you disagree, that's fair enough, but just wait for the next shit I put out, it's going to make the audiophiles wish they'd never heard of me.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:05 pm

Also this sounds absolutely nothing whatsoever like BoC.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Not BoC ....that arpeggiator melody isnt that creative I think..all in all a decent song but not Boc!

and cant wait to hear new stuff from Boreal Network! 8)

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:42 pm

iec wrote:so confused

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:52 pm

turquoise70 wrote:
polar sky wrote:damn it all to hell...

The only reason FL Studio has a reputation for sounding too clean is because too many of its users don't know their ass from their elbow when it comes to processing sound. I use FL Studio and while cleanliness of sound is currently something I'm fighting off in my music, I would hardly call my music "clean sounding". If you disagree, that's fair enough, but just wait for the next shit I put out, it's going to make the audiophiles wish they'd never heard of me.

agreed

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:24 pm

I heard this ages ago on youtube. Didn't bother posting it here as it's so blatantly not BoC and thought it would have been picked up already. Oops :oops:
Post a reply