Various Artists - One on Twoism Vol.6 [2015]

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I just posted a topic about the comp on WATMM: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/88278-vari ... -volume-6/

... and tweeted a link to Peter Serafinowicz. If he likes it and posts a link we may see a load more exposure as with past volumes!
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Eagle Minded
A damn fine review there Mexicola. Thanks!

Cheers man. Love your track!

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Mmmmmmmm Thunderbird. Another favorite.

New Seed
Thank you sooo much for the music! I enjoy it very much. Keep up the good work :]
"Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."
― Bill Hicks

Happy Cycler
I have heard this volume about ten times now in full but have yet to listen to the record enough properly (translation: with my headphones) to review it.

I will say that the Scyye track remains my favorite. Its grace has already influenced a track myself and my cousin are working on. Far more than just another vignette. I would have something to say about it more if the the right words existed to describe it. At most, I'll say that I consider it the heart of this record. We travel briefly through it to a guitar laced low key bloodstream.

Props also go to Polar Sky. Closing track gives me a very Ulrich Schnauss like vibe.

Slightly off-topic: el Cerebro - on behalf of the decaying corpse of Simulate Televangelist I would like to thank you for the kind words regarding our track. I still feel it could have been 100x more and in retrospect regret heavily not having the vocal track more prominent in the mix, a decision made based solely on what "fits" within OOT. Bearhead's track lets me know this won't be a problem in the future. Even still, I suppose I've come to terms with it like I have some bits of the self-titled and my solo work unrelated to ST. Again, thank you for the honorable mention.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Happy Cycler
*review pending*

One thing I POSSIBLY agree with: yes, this is perhaps the best OOT to date.

One thing I thought and then dismissed later: oddly, this is not the TH of the OOT compilations. This is a revelation. A sharpened blade the result of many more years of practice. It took six volumes for me to feel like this now might be just the beginning.

One thing I will expand upon: constructive criticism.

Current score without review: 7.5/10 (great)
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Happy Cycler
Just got round to listening to this, stunningly good! Great website and artwork too, everyone involved should be mega proud! Talented bunch of folks!
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Sherbet Head
Brilliant review Mexi ;) Cheers for the kind words on our collab track too. Fair play to everyone involved, especially Robin of course. Really juicy release!

Cheers Dave. Which one was yours dude??

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm not going to write a proper review of this but I absolutely agree that this is the most complete and satisfying of all the OOT sets. The length is perfect. It flows like an album should and the quality of the mixing is a step up from the earlier OOTs. It feels less dense and better defined. The tracks only blend into each other when they can do so naturally and it works so much better as a result.

All killer, no filler. ;-)

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:Cheers Dave. Which one was yours dude??

Curse this username! I can't change it unfortunately, everybody thinks I'm Dave, John. It's Jason (aka eyesix) :)

Really appreciate the feedback and agree that this is the best OOT yet (at the risk of sounding biased) but that said, they are all absolutely fantastic. And such an honour to be on this one alongside many friends and musicians I admire. I never thought I'd see the day.

Hopefully there will still be plans for a vinyl pressing? I know Robin must be exhausted from all the hard work (which paid off undoubtably) But if that is still a thing, I would sure love to hear any info and I will do what I can to spread the word far and wide. This release on wax would be something out of this world!

Cheers guys (and gurlz)

Boqurant
I know a lot of others have said the same thing, but this is definitely my favorite OOT as well and I'm so honored that one of my tracks got to be a part of it. Everyone involved did such an amazing job!

arvy wrote:Love Twilight Interface track !

Synthetrix wrote:Mmmmmmmm Thunderbird. Another favorite.

Thanks so much! :D

Ae can likely tell us more but my understanding is its still on for a vinyl run. However the devil is in the details. Watch this space.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
DaveJ wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Cheers Dave. Which one was yours dude??

Curse this username! I can't change it unfortunately, everybody thinks I'm Dave, John. It's Jason (aka eyesix) :)

Really appreciate the feedback and agree that this is the best OOT yet (at the risk of sounding biased) but that said, they are all absolutely fantastic. And such an honour to be on this one alongside many friends and musicians I admire. I never thought I'd see the day.

Hopefully there will still be plans for a vinyl pressing? I know Robin must be exhausted from all the hard work (which paid off undoubtably) But if that is still a thing, I would sure love to hear any info and I will do what I can to spread the word far and wide. This release on wax would be something out of this world!

Cheers guys (and gurlz)

The whole album sounds brilliant . Great mix from Ae .
Your track is the standout track for me, eyesix. Excellent stuff . :]

Sherbet Head
Thanks, noisy! Was a collab effort so Shane owes a lot of credit also for that one. Loving everyone's tracks tbh. Hope my cd arrives soon :)

Site Admin
OoT6 is release of the week on Digital::Nimbus Radio!
http://digitalnimbus.com/playlists/585
phpBB [media]

There is a review coming up on Igloo Magazine too. Will keep you posted.
Last edited by Aesthetics on Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added player
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler
had a dream it got reviewed on Pitchfork.

7.8 (pretty good score!) by Nick Neyland (one of the few good writers on the site)

Boqurant
Hey Aesthetics, I was just curious: has OoT6 been reviewed anywhere online yet? I've been keeping a sharp eye out myself, but really haven't seen anything, which I find to be a bit preposterous given the quality of the record and the fact that past editions met with varying degrees of small-online-media attention. I understand that these things often take some time to materialize--and perhaps there's something I've overlooked... :?:
Cerebro See Through Red Eye

www.soundcloud.com/miiiimuzik

Site Admin
Ello el Cerebro. Thought that myself as well. Almost no buzz online except for a pending review at Igloo mag. I asked them a couple of weeks ago to wait on the vinyl release so we can use this exposure to boost the vinyl release. Once there is more info about the vinyl release I'll give them green light.
Life is a Frequency

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records