ONE ON TWOISM - VINYL RELEASE UPDATE / NEW POLL

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Would you purchase OOT6 on vinyl, based on the new price?

YES! I'd buy one copy
40%
YES! I'd buy more than one copy (please comment to specify how many)
9%
Maybe. I'd want to know more first though. (fire away with the questions)
9%
No. Too rich for me.
28%
No. Just not interested in vinyl regardless of the price.
16%

Total votes: 58

Eagle Minded
Goiter Sanchez wrote:I would buy a copy. I do wonder how it would be split up onto 4 sides though as the flow seems crucial...

I was wondering this, too.
Red -
Orange - Aquarius
Yellow - Alpha and Omega
Green -
Blue -
Purple - Music is Math

Options about this are being discussed offline at the moment. More info once we have it. Soon hopefully! :-)

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
If 100 copies would be the same as 10 (I'm not sure how that's possible - you mean other than the pressing, you're not having to pay for additional vinyl?) as far as the price goes then I'd suppose yeah, go ahead and do it. I'd buy at least one, two if I can, but only when I can. Yeah, it's only £50 each, but when you're struggling to make ends meet as it is...well, you all know.

I'd assume a bunch of extra unsold copies laying around isn't an issue if the price is the same as 10. Though I'm still not sure how that could be.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Happy Cycler
If I had the money I'd do so in a heartbeat, not for owning the actual music, but to have a physical representation of one of my favourite places on the internet (It's true!)

I figure that this might be a thing which people will want to buy for a while yet, so if you do print a run of 100 or so records, even if you don't sell them all initially, if you put the option up on the bandcamp I'm sure there'll be enough takers to cover the price eventually.
It's just more about how long whoever is putting up the money would want to be out of pocket.

Site Admin
Rodheh wrote:If 100 copies would be the same as 10 (I'm not sure how that's possible - you mean other than the pressing, you're not having to pay for additional vinyl?) as far as the price goes then I'd suppose yeah, go ahead and do it.
I meant to say that the price per unit remains the same if we reach 10 or 100. The growdfunding campaign will decide how much will be ordered. No spare copy will be ordered. (perhaps I'll find some extra cash to order one spare copy to sell afterwards).
This is a one time opportunity!!

I'm short on time atm but I hope to have an example up soon of how the release will be devided in 4 parts.
Life is a Frequency

Boqurant
I'd at least buy two, maybe more depending on circumstances (I'd estimate the top end to be four). I just can't reasonably get around the facts that 1) this mix is really (expletive) good, I mean seriously, and 2) I love the idea of a vinyl pressing and think this body of music deserves it, if of course it can be done in a reasonable way.
Cerebro See Through Red Eye

www.soundcloud.com/miiiimuzik

Boqurant
Also I'd like to add that if Grim is confident enough in the viability of the mix being divided up, then that answers the biggest question marks in my own mind about the project. The flow of the album as a whole is such a critical component, but when I personally listen I can indeed envision how it might be done in a satisfactory way.

And I too am no Donald Trump in a financial sense (though as an decent, breathing human, I have him 'trumped') but I'd delightedly spring the ca$h for some copies of this little gem.
Cerebro See Through Red Eye

www.soundcloud.com/miiiimuzik

Can I just add at this point, the vinyl mix is fantastic.

To be continued...

Slow down...

Site Admin
Test cut is scheduled for 3rd week of October :)
Life is a Frequency

This is awesome news guys! I feel giddy like a proud new dad or something :-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Aesthetics wrote:Test cut is scheduled for 3rd week of October :)

That's awesome! Pics pls!
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Eagle Minded
Rodheh wrote:Here's what I think: shelve the vinyl thing and do it later for a boxed set when it can be paid for more reasonably. Press it along with the new one and drop the new one about a month after the next BoC release so that there are way too many people hanging around who might buy it.

This. This is a good idea, assuming there will even be a next BoC release.
Red -
Orange - Aquarius
Yellow - Alpha and Omega
Green -
Blue -
Purple - Music is Math

Happy Cycler
valleaux wrote:
Rodheh wrote:Here's what I think: shelve the vinyl thing and do it later for a boxed set when it can be paid for more reasonably. Press it along with the new one and drop the new one about a month after the next BoC release so that there are way too many people hanging around who might buy it.

This. This is a good idea, assuming there will even be a next BoC release.

Well at any rate, it seems like it's reasonable enough that we're doing it...or at least doing a test pressing. Still think that may be a good idea for the future because I knew a lot of temporary posters during the TH hype who wanted as much music akin to BoC they could get their hands on in anticipation and One on Twoism would fare very well. Perhaps if the vinyl thing goes well with this volume, this can be something considered for the future. Not my call, but would probably see more supporters.

BoC will be releasing something, and not after a tremendously long hiatus either - they're back. I didn't know for sure at first but I have a feeling, one that seems worth trusting.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Posts Quantity
Hello everybody
Sorry I'm late to this, I've been away. I would definitely buy one. I admire you fine people for trying to find a good solution for a vinyl release even though it's difficult. I think Ian Redpoint's ideas are really valid. I'm not too worried about the sequencing, because although Ae has sequenced this really well, we're all creative people and probably have decks - if you want the original sequence, you can approximate it on the wheels of steel :) . If you want to experiment with a new flow, or mix these tracks with other vinyl, then it's all systems go. :)

I think the physical vinyl artefact is very appealing… If you imagine yourself self-funding your own full-length vinyl release, it's an expensive process. If you imagine chipping in with other artists to "self-release" a compilation like this, then paying £50 for a vinyl copy isn't so bad…

Well done everybody. :)

Just to reiterate, the vinyl mix is superb. You have the Mexicola 24-carat, copper-bottomed guarantee. Ae has done us proud, again! ;-)

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
I've never heard it, whats it like?

Site Admin
thepastinsidepressant wrote:I've never heard it, whats it like?

Check it out here. Or are you joking?
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler
I'd buy one. Maybe a couple actually.

Site Admin
The test pressing is on its way!

I hope to receive it anytime soon because I can't wait to hear it as the engineer spend quite some time to create a master. He had to narrow the stereo image a lot, de-ess/eq some of the high end artifacts and had to keep the volume down a bit.
Because I'm not the expert on this I asked Ochre's opinion about this process to which he replied "the engineer's mentioned a variety of processes that are commonplace when cutting vinyl, so a certain amount of stereo width reduction would be expected.". He also thought the cutter was cutting to PVC in order to cut small runs so I asked him.

The reply of the engineer on which Ochre gave thumbs up.
"PVC is vinyl. Polycarb is not - some people cut on polycarb - different deal. I cut to vinyl. And, I am not pressing, I'm cutting. It is just like cutting a master to acetate, which is softer, and done with a sapphire stylus. I cut to vinyl with a diamond stylus (expensive). When cutting an acetate master for pressing, you basically cut one copy and you are done. I have to cut as many as the customer wants. So I have trade-offs to make to make the expensive stylus last. The things that make the stylus blow are volume, grooves that are too tight, highs, and wide stereo width (out of phase).

All this being said, your record is very challenging for vinyl, given particularly high end stuff and the phasing challenges. My cuts sound really good, but few require as much adjustment as yours. So, I will give it a try.

BTW, I really like your record....j"

I am very very curious what the record will sound like!
Life is a Frequency

Posts Quantity
Very interesting… The whole vinyl production process is so different form every digital stage of audio production… Look forward to hearing more news… :)

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records