One on Twoism Volume 7 [Submission Topic]

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Nova Scotia Robot
88marquis wrote:yes!

Duude! I hope you're well. It's been a while. Glad to see you pop in.

Sleepy Lark wrote:While I'm Hmm-Ha-ing over my music submissions, I've been making a sort of collage-style landscape image out of pictures I took as a youngster with an iPod. It could serve as project art, as well as this logo reminiscent of broadcast corporations/cold-war-related art. I haven't finished a whole folio of covers, banners, etc. yet but here's something for the rest of you to look at.

Looks great!!

Happy Cycler
Echo the Sun wrote:
Jonse wrote:I am merely a decimal's target, who's keyboard's been broken.
Just and postage paid.
Disrupt 'tween those I thought true in their fellowship,
Deception not sand over the banter,
Why answer our call?
you write in poetry a lot ive noticed

Late response, I know, though while what you say is true (and most is almost certainly shit or possibly oddly good in some way everyone but I will recognise because that's the way it works). those were excerpted from working lyrics at the time.

Which reminds me that I wish I'd been informed Vol. 6 used Keep You Here as its centerpiece because I'd not have asked 2020k to downplay his vox had I known/stayed safe with such an Ae-lite track.

This time I'm going in with it as a prerequisite for at least one thing. I still hope to get a particular idea flowing between multiple people who shall soon receive IMs.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Nice! Can't wait to hear it man.

Slow down...

Boqurant
Submitted a buncha songs fopr compie tonite
Live

Site Admin
Are there artists who plan to participate but didn't send a participation email yet?
Life is a Frequency

Eagle Minded
i'd like to participate but i dont have a track just yet. do i still send an email?

Nova Scotia Robot
Aesthetics wrote:Are there artists who plan to participate but didn't send a participation email yet?

Yes, me.

EDIT: Sent the email.

Site Admin
ParticleGhost wrote:i'd like to participate but i dont have a track just yet. do i still send an email?
Yes please.
Life is a Frequency

Eagle Minded
email sent

Eagle Minded
I just sent a song via WeTransfer from my last album 'Continental'. Hope you'll enjoy it, it's my contribution to the mix.
Telephasic Workshop

Happy Cycler
I was going to PM this to Robin though I'd thought I'd express it here in the event it benefits anyone else. Not simply because I've had some difficulty acquiring something I really want for a track I really want to submit/explaining some ideas to some other members due to being busy with a bunch of nonsense but I felt that when the compilation was announced much felt too soon anyway.

Any possibility we could see the audio submission deadline bumped back (and if necessary, the other two)?

Personally, I've seen a lot of ideas sort of bounce around and then disappear just to give way to new ideas that aren't nearly ready yet mainly because of the theme to the compilation, which is not one I'm against, but it's not quite as cohesive as it could be. I'd spoken with some former collaborators who more or less went from wanting to pump out some sort of politically charged thing to realise later that's not quite so much lasting and direct focus elsewhere.

So there's this definite theme of cultural disillusion that I think fits and not only want to work on more but work on with others. I think VII could and probably should see the most synergy between the musicians on Twoism whether that be a lot of people doing tracks together, or someone reprising someone else's motif in their own track to do something different with it....I'm not in charge but I do want to see some really developed, amazing things come out of this after the long break. Spontaneity is great, though something tells me this isn't the place.*

Nova Scotia Robot
Jonse wrote:I was going to PM this to Robin though I'd thought I'd express it here in the event it benefits anyone else. Not simply because I've had some difficulty acquiring something I really want for a track I really want to submit/explaining some ideas to some other members due to being busy with a bunch of nonsense but I felt that when the compilation was announced much felt too soon anyway.

Any possibility we could see the audio submission deadline bumped back (and if necessary, the other two)?

Personally, I've seen a lot of ideas sort of bounce around and then disappear just to give way to new ideas that aren't nearly ready yet mainly because of the theme to the compilation, which is not one I'm against, but it's not quite as cohesive as it could be. I'd spoken with some former collaborators who more or less went from wanting to pump out some sort of politically charged thing to realise later that's not quite so much lasting and direct focus elsewhere.

So there's this definite theme of cultural disillusion that I think fits and not only want to work on more but work on with others. I think VII could and probably should see the most synergy between the musicians on Twoism whether that be a lot of people doing tracks together, or someone reprising someone else's motif in their own track to do something different with it....I'm not in charge but I do want to see some really developed, amazing things come out of this after the long break. Spontaneity is great, though something tells me this isn't the place.*

That is a really solid idea. I like this. Synergy in Twoism artists working together towards an idea instead of everything being a separate submission in hopes that there is a solidly presented idea as a result. That should make Robin's job a lot easier in getting the album to flow, too.

I'm sure that many have already finished and submitted tracks, of which there is no need to exclude from the volume. I'm almost done making my own submission, but I will happily work on another submission with others as well.

The dates being pushed back would help a lot though, I agree. I don't want to rush the ideas or the sound behind what I submit.

Dayvan Cowboy
I will echo that sentiment regarding a little bit of an extension (considering I only just started my track :P)!
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Boqurant
Track submitted! The theme was difficult for me but I think I've done it justice. I'm really looking forward to hearing all the other tracks.
+++++++++++++++++++++
bandcamp

Site Admin
I'll postpone the submission with 4 weeks.

Be my guest regarding the collaborating on tracks. Great idea and if it works please combine the powers and submit as much as possible. Not much entries as of yet and only a few have sent a participation email in advance, I guess the ground rules are not that transparent after all.
Having a collaboration theme might be an idea for the next compilation but don't underestimate how difficult it is to cooperate with another. The 2ism Recordings label I once setup is slowly dying because a few couples didn't manage to finish a couple of songs.
Life is a Frequency

Eagle Minded
So what’s the audio submission deadline? I have more songs ready :twisted: :mrgreen:
no information at this moment in time

Happy Cycler
How about December to late January?

Robin's statement is fine and gives us more time but I think a hard deadline (still reads 14th of this month instead of December, not that an edit is that necessary) both causes concern while ultimately helping if there are time constraints that need to be acknowledged.

To the above poster, without figuring dates exactly, I'd say you have essentially until the end of the year. Perhaps it'll be exactly four weeks, who knows. Get on it. I suppose.

Posts Quantity
maef

Happy Cycler
To anyone other than the regulars who still wish to collab for this, seeing as I can't reach many people off-site or in general as of late, PM me here. Half my free time goes into this compilation and my/work done with others for it up until the middle of December or however long it takes for Robin to officially have a permanent mix.

Whether you've already submitted something or not and are interested sooner, I'm uan 'Ze#6151 on Discord.

Happy Cycler
I think I'll have to sit this one out.
My computer crapped itself about 3 weeks ago. I've been trying to cobble something together with my shitty laptop/phone recordings but idk man...
It doesn't feel up to the quality I'm sure others will deliver for this thing.

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records