One on Twoism Volume 7 [Submission Topic]

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Nova Scotia Robot
Goiter Sanchez wrote:And yeah, I can get behind this topic musically in the spirit of punk/protest. Previous topic I harped on the whole aesthetic (for what I still believe to be understandable reasons) without fully grasping what you guys had planned out. Art is inextricably a product of the historic context in which it's birthed so let's embrace this ugly political shitstorm, bounce it from tape to tape and throw some lush pads on there!

I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things.
- Tom Waits

I don't care about politics even a little. All politicians will fail, despite whatever intentions they have. As soon as I vote, I feel that I would be bound to their inevitable failure and an accomplice to their possible crimes. What happens in politics happens and I'll deal with how that affects me without being a part of the show. So I prefer to stay completely politically neutral.

I made a shirt in high-school with "Jello for Prez" written crudely on the front. Dead Kennedys fans will recognize the reference. This type of art can be very entertaining and I like the idea of melding it in with a generally IDM sound.

That said, I will name my submission "Jello".

Nova Scotia Robot
A nod to The Prodigy's sound may be fun for this, too.

Happy Cycler
747Music wrote:A nod to The Prodigy's sound may be fun for this, too.

I'm not sure if I'm realising I'm not alone or having you in our Discord group that one time saw you overhear myself and another talking about the fake BoC/HI 'cover' of Funky Shit based on a dream I had though I digress.

I don't think "Twoism" needs to be One on Twoism. I know Robin does what he does for a reason with certain liberties allowed though now I'm not seeing why it need conform to any sound.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Nova Scotia Robot
Jonse wrote:
747Music wrote:A nod to The Prodigy's sound may be fun for this, too.

I'm not sure if I'm realising I'm not alone or having you in our Discord group that one time saw you overhear myself and another talking about the fake BoC/HI 'cover' of Funky Shit based on a dream I had though I digress.

I don't think "Twoism" needs to be One on Twoism. I know Robin does what he does for a reason with certain liberties allowed though now I'm not seeing why it need conform to any sound.

I meant a nod to The Prodigy for my submission, not as a sound for the whole release. My intention was to say what I did while talking about what I might name my submission, but I was unable to edit my previous post. I then didn't clue in to the ambiguity of the statement when placed in an isolated post until you responded.

Also, Funky Shit is funky shit no matter how you look at it. 8) I think that was on Cupz's mumble server. Good times.

Eagle Minded
747Music wrote:My intention was to say what I did while talking about what I might name my submission, but I was unable to edit my previous post. I then didn't clue in to the ambiguity of the statement when placed in an isolated post until you responded.
unforgivable :P

Nova Scotia Robot
Echo the Sun wrote:
747Music wrote:My intention was to say what I did while talking about what I might name my submission, but I was unable to edit my previous post. I then didn't clue in to the ambiguity of the statement when placed in an isolated post until you responded.

When Chas and Sauce arrive, I shall be the first to drink the Kool-Aid and hopefully achieve redemption, forgiveness followed by permanent euphoria. :lol: :P

Eagle Minded
747Music wrote:
Echo the Sun wrote:

When Chas and Sauce arrive, I shall be the first to drink the Kool-Aid and hopefully achieve redemption, forgiveness followed by permanent euphoria. :lol: :P
jeez, no need to go that far. how bout ya just make me some food to make it up to me?

Eagle Minded
I have a track that has a more Old Tunes vibe that I've been working on for sometime now. Do you guys think that style of music would fit this comp?
no information at this moment in time

Site Admin
Roswell wrote:I have a track that has a more Old Tunes vibe that I've been working on for sometime now. Do you guys think that style of music would fit this comp?

Great!
Don't worry about the style. It totally depends on the flow of the mix. Take a listen to OoT6, the styles differ much on there as well.
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
yes!
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Dayvan Cowboy

Sherbet Head
One Idea for the cover is Polarity.

For those who do not know about polarity it is often used in business and politics, it is the act of polarising people to opposites.

Example: Gun Control, Prolife, Terrorism/Immigration, Cops killing minorities

Business uses it a lot, see for yourself with the recent kaepernick Nike Frustration thats been going around.
They sold Records number of shoes and the stocks are higher than before!

Same for when wendys made homophobic statements, they ended up having it better than before and sold a record number of burgers.

These have for goal to Polarise people making the opposition of those offended come to the rescue of the company/politician

Towards the years it changed a lot it goes from Terrorism in the bush era to the healthcare system in the obama phase and now with the 2016 election it was all about creating polarisation with immigration.

It is why Trump won, he created the most polarisation, Hillary tried as hard as she could with the scandal of the Emails (which btw didn't get her jailed because it was all intentional) Trump created such a shitstorm of hate towards him that anybody who hated the left side decided to vote for him wether they agreed with him/thrusted him or not.

Therefor my point is I think the cover should feature 2 side, each with a political theme Clinton/Trump and make them feel as oposite as possible but with a hint of connection because "one side is working towards the other's success"

Now thats just an idea im throwing around for anyone who's interested in submitting a cover thats very relevant to the theme.
Suck my BUTT

interesting idea! Maybe see if you can throw some rough ideas together? To anyone looking at this, either musically or from a cover art perspective and thinking 'I'm not sure I can do that...' - take a shot at it! This is YOUR compilation :-)

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
i'm gonna submit so many noise and distortion fuelled tracks.

Dayvan Cowboy
I was going for a kind of dystopian protest vibe, other artwork ideas I've had are more oblique references to the nature of reality and truth. Personally I'm not keen on making obvious references to current events, I don't think I can make it work, but if someone can pull it off, why not?

As Ae said, don't get too hung up on the theme. It's only a jumping off point to stimulate ideas. See where it leads you and then submit what you come up with ;-)

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
I am merely a decimal's target, who's keyboard's been broken.
Just and postage paid.
Disrupt 'tween those I thought true in their fellowship,
Deception not sand over the banter,
Why answer our call?
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Eagle Minded
Jonse wrote:I am merely a decimal's target, who's keyboard's been broken.
Just and postage paid.
Why answer our call?
you write in poetry a lot ive noticed

Jonse wrote:I am merely a decimal's target, who's keyboard's been broken.
Just and postage paid.
Why answer our call?

phpBB [media]

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger
While I'm Hmm-Ha-ing over my music submissions, I've been making a sort of collage-style landscape image out of pictures I took as a youngster with an iPod. It could serve as project art, as well as this logo reminiscent of broadcast corporations/cold-war-related art. I haven't finished a whole folio of covers, banners, etc. yet but here's something for the rest of you to look at.
Time to reinvent myself.

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records