The next Compilation

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I used to build musical instruments out of pieces of scrap wood, nails, and fishing line. So I'm sure everyone here could come up with something.

Dayvan Cowboy
someone with more ambition than I should assemble a list of ideas presented in this thread, and then make a poll thread in here so we can all see what we all think

Happy Cycler
another idea to add to the list: we could just do another comp, no theme
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Friendly Stranger
turquoise70 wrote:another idea to add to the list: we could just do another comp, no theme

I would vote for this. If you want to make something acoustic - go ahead and do it. This is my position. [:

Sherbet Head
soulsonic wrote:
turquoise70 wrote:another idea to add to the list: we could just do another comp, no theme

I would vote for this. If you want to make something acoustic - go ahead and do it. This is my position. [:

I second... errr... third this motion.
Scott

Dayvan Cowboy
at this point we are just mixing around ideas. we have brought up several different ideas in the past, however, we have stayed true to the original format. (Atleast close to it.) it is worth bringing up new ideas just to see if anything sparks the interest of the community. more than likely we will stick to what has worked in the past. i never want to rule out the idea of taking the comp. in new direction. just a thought.

New Seed
Hello, I have some music that would like to be listened to, http://myspace.com/uniballoon and there are more I can send to you if you are interested. :idea:
- (uni.)

Sherbet Head
I'd support just another comp, no theme. We're all at least a little BoC inspired, and I thought that was the whole point of the comp. I could see maybe some submitting artists deciding to focus on a couple of subjects that interest them (like boc do) and that would bring kind of a recurring theme(s) to the comp album, but all in all, the music hasn't gotten any more or less fresh and interesting, and I think we're a collective that already has it's own flavour.

Just do a #4, and say to everyone, "let's get even more creative this time!"
Viper.

Friendly Stranger
the thing is, that whatever theme is going to be chosen, i'm not going to make a track specially for this theme, i will just pick a track that i've already made, which in my opinion would fit the most. and that's it, and i think a lot of participants would just do the same. maybe i'm not right i don't know.

Eagle Minded
I Would Love If I Could Get On The Next One! I Have Alot of music and me and my friend are on fire atm with some stuff and i would be glad if you guys could check it out and have a listen and see.

http://www.myspace.com/shammendelly

Sherbet Head
how about a contest? the best tracks can go on the cd.

Sherbet Head
dave_from_2001 wrote:how about a contest? the best tracks can go on the cd.

That sounds like it would be fun.

Dayvan Cowboy
We defenitly need to make Selected Ambient Works Volume III: A Tribute to Aphex Twin's Ambient Music. I already have tons of synth based, dark, warm, and about 7 minute long songs. I thing we should go for it! The whole nine yards, pictures for titles, cause I'm good at photography like that. Anyone with me?

Dayvan Cowboy
Synthestesia wrote:We defenitly need to make Selected Ambient Works Volume III: A Tribute to Aphex Twin's Ambient Music. I already have tons of synth based, dark, warm, and about 7 minute long songs. I thing we should go for it! The whole nine yards, pictures for titles, cause I'm good at photography like that. Anyone with me?

although irrelevant to one on twoism, yes I am with you.
any chance of you uploading this ambient stuff? it sounds great!
:)
if you are reading this you are spending too much time at your computer. go outside and get some fresh air.

Dayvan Cowboy
Okay, I'll make it another topic. But on the other side, I'm excited for the next compilation. I really enjoy breaking away from BoC sometimes and cranking out some avantgarde songs.

Sherbet Head
Having not really produced anything but singing quite a bit would still like as said before to be a voice of somesort on one of the OOT's if anyone can think of anything I can do

Dayvan Cowboy
So, are we just going to let this hang around or actually do something? (not meaning to sound like an ass)

Friendly Stranger
Synthestesia wrote:So, are we just going to let this hang around or actually do something?

Hello all,

I've just found this site today after reading an article on Igloo Magazine and I am blown away. What a fantastic idea and site and set of albums. My only disappointment is that this project seems to have stalled after someone suggesting a radical departure from you BoC influences.

This is a shame as I would love to see One on Twoism volume 4 continue the fine work that I am listening to right now.

Please please please consider dropping the 'complete 180' idea in order to break out of this situation. There are plenty of avant guard net labels out there, but none that sound like One on Twoism.

Once again, excellent work :D

Site Admin
Welcome comfyrubbish. Great first post and thanks for your concern!

Keep in mind that this topic only is a brainstorm session to see what the community likes. OoT is a creative output from the members of this board. The majority decides so your opinion will be brought along.
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
I would love to see collaborations between artists on songs... Or even Oot Vol 4 and a counterpart remix album by other members.

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records