The next Compilation

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
turquoise70 wrote:Small suggestion - what do you guys think if we made the song length limit shorter? An album of shorter songs as opposed to 3-and-a-half minute ones? We could keep them all between a minute and a half, and two minutes or something. Fit more songs that way, and drive people to consider more carefully what they put into that short span of time? Just an idea.

Joining this discussion as a fan of the compilations and not as a music maker. I love longer songs, I wouldn't like the getting-in-a-new-song so often on an album (actually been thinking lately if it would be possible to create an hour long, interesting song). I like your thought btw for making shorter songs, I'm only not in favor of the length, your reasoning seems solid.

And again, I love the previous compilations and I will definitely listen to an album with only shorter songs.... So you can just ignore me ;)
Unexpect the expected

Dayvan Cowboy
turquoise70 wrote:Small suggestion - what do you guys think if we made the song length limit shorter? An album of shorter songs as opposed to 3-and-a-half minute ones? We could keep them all between a minute and a half, and two minutes or something. Fit more songs that way, and drive people to consider more carefully what they put into that short span of time? Just an idea.

eh. this seems unfair. Even 3 and a half minutes doesn't leave a lot of time for a track to fully take you somewhere, especially at the slower tempos BoC-ish music often demands. Two minutes is extremely short.

Just speaking for myself, I haven't made a song/remix under 5 minutes long in over a year. They have to go somewhere. (of course I would if the comp required it, but just saying)

Imagine if Geogaddi was nothing more than 2 minute vignettes. Ruined. :(

Telepath
I say we drop the whole boc-clone thing.

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:I say we drop the whole boc-clone thing.

i can get behind that. i wanna do some dub techno. Yagya type but more housey. would something like that be okay? Definitely not like hardstyle. Maybe just 'chillout' in its many forms?

thoughts?

Eagle Minded
Well, whatever you guys come up with, I'll be in for it. Keep me posted.

Eagle Minded
The boc-clone thing is interesting if it's done by different artists, but I think that continually contributing to a boc-soundalike compilation is selling oneself short. It would be cool to do something more unique.

Dayvan Cowboy
Phasen wrote:

i can get behind that. i wanna do some dub techno. Yagya type but more housey. would something like that be okay? Definitely not like hardstyle. Maybe just 'chillout' in its many forms?

thoughts?

this sounds... whats the word... fresh?

yeah, fresh, thatll do

Telepath
Infinite E wrote:
Phasen wrote:

thoughts?

this sounds... whats the word... fresh?

yeah, fresh, thatll do

yeah, I'd be up for that.

Sherbet Head
I would be happy to see it continue the way it has so far.. at least until something new comes from the brothers. If something new drops this year my guess is that it will change not only people's perspective but it will finally show us how they are progressing. Maybe the One on Twoisms after said new album could be more experimental and/or follow suit to what they are currently up to. Just an idea, but I think that if you're going to drop the BoC 'clone' idea, you should drop the title of it as well.. right?
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

Dayvan Cowboy
nah i disagree. one of the great things about boc is that they have such a wide diversity of fans; there different people on here who like everything from folk to hardcore to house, pretty much every area of popular music is represented. I think we're far better suited, and paying better tribute to boc in the process, trying to represent ourselves rather than directly copying what brought us together in the first place

i even wonder if doing an unmixed compilation would work, that way there could be maximum diversity. perhaps loosely structured around a pre-agreed idea. I'd be really interested to see all the different twoism spins on the same concept.

just an idea... i love having a beatmatched mix too :)

Site Admin
There never has been a clone thing so it can't be dropped.
At the time that the first edition started it was going to be an output of the musicians on Twoism.. the atmosphere was very BoC but that's because it's by artists who are inspired by them. Of course we could add something in it that we don't want to sound like them anymore but I think it would ruin the "spontaneity" of the series. If one wants to send in a total different style, be my quest... should be good for the variance of the series. But we shouldn't steer into a certain style because then it gets too directed, right?
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
I say, let's just all submit our best tunes regardless of their genre (although trance or hardcore techno tracks obviously wouldn't be in place), and let Aesthetics, as our master of ceremony, create a mix with the X factor, possibly parting from the general feel and mood of the previous editions, resulting in a compilation of music that doesn't disappoint for the fourth time, I'm certain.
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Posts Quantity
88marquis wrote:Just an idea, but I think that if you're going to drop the BoC 'clone' idea, you should drop the title of it as well.. right?

i was thinking the same thing. after all, it is one on twoism.

Telepath
but...isn't twoism just the name of the forum? otherwise it would mean we should stick to the style of the Twoism EP, and that would be rather boring.

Dayvan Cowboy
word ^

Posts Quantity
i can see how that post could be literally interpreted. that wasn't the intention. just thought i'd offer an alternate viewpoint.

in any form, i'm certain that the fourth installment will be a mesmerizing and beautiful journey.

Dayvan Cowboy
just wondering, would anybody be down to make a different compilation (separate from this one) of all autechre inspired music?

Eagle Minded
Shadowshocker wrote:just wondering, would anybody be down to make a different compilation (separate from this one) of all autechre inspired music?

Yes that would be amazing, I would love to be apart of that

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:but...isn't twoism just the name of the forum? otherwise it would mean we should stick to the style of the Twoism EP, and that would be rather boring.

I agree with this - but whatever we do, i hope we do something, i want to get on 1on2ism at least ONCE.

Telepath
ShammenDelly wrote:
Shadowshocker wrote:just wondering, would anybody be down to make a different compilation (separate from this one) of all autechre inspired music?

Yes that would be amazing, I would love to be apart of that

In :D Pop-y autechre :shock: :shock:

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records