The next Compilation

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Site Admin
So...
Time limit = 8 minutes, no matter how many songs?

That means, 10 entries = 80 minutes. My personal experience is that once a compilation/mix exceed the 80 minutes marker it is less playable.

Style is avant-garde?
First of all, what exactly is avant-garde? If I'm right it's experimental, right? well, if that's the case I'm down for it as well. It would be a challange to fuse them together though.
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler
Whatever we decide to do, I think our musical direction should be darker. A polar opposite to the mood we cultivated on One on Twoism which was kind of a hazy, nostalgic, psychedelic feel.

Also, is should definitely be called Two on Twoism!!! :P

Telepath
Aesthetics wrote:So...
Time limit = 8 minutes, no matter how many songs?

That means, 10 entries = 80 minutes. My personal experience is that once a compilation/mix exceed the 80 minutes marker it is less playable.

Style is avant-garde?
First of all, what exactly is avant-garde? If I'm right it's experimental, right? well, if that's the case I'm down for it as well. It would be a challange to fuse them together though.

the 8 minutes where just an example.

And, I hate the term "experimental" becouse it sounds like you're just fucking around and you accidentally get something cool, while "avant-garde" sounds like you know what you're doing and youre recreating a project thats straight from your sick mind :lol:
I am expecting some very versitille,never heard before, stuff :D

Telepath
mechanismj wrote:Whatever we decide to do, I think our musical direction should be darker. A polar opposite to the mood we cultivated on One on Twoism which was kind of a hazy, nostalgic, psychedelic feel.

Also, is should definitely be called Two on Twoism!!! :P

no "feel" restrictions. It would be fun if there are major contrasts, like one dark and one cheerfull.

Two on Twoism sounds cool...

or One on Twoism²

Dayvan Cowboy
DARK, yes.. very very dark.

I'm going to make a track made from the sounds of my own suicide.

Telepath
wwbjd wrote:DARK, yes.. very very dark.

I'm going to make a track made from the sounds of my own suicide.

that...hasn't been done before...no...

but...I think you should give it some more thought :lol:

that dwarf in The Man With the Golden Gun recorded his own suicide...sample that :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:that dwarf in The Man With the Golden Gun recorded his own suicide...sample that :D

That dwarf.. WAS ME.

Telepath
wwbjd wrote:
Cupz wrote:that dwarf in The Man With the Golden Gun recorded his own suicide...sample that :D

That dwarf.. WAS ME.

oh...sorry about that :cry:

Dayvan Cowboy
SO 8 minutes an artist...10 artist equals 80 minutes. (i know that much was already discussed...)

So does that mean only 10 artist get to submit tracks?

Dayvan Cowboy
isnt this getting a bit complicated? we can work out these kinds of rules once we actually have some submissions no?
"Now son, don't worry, those were just lies Daddy told to get prescription drugs"

Happy Cycler
Yeah, I agree. I still say we're doing this to early anyway. Lets give it some time. The other comp is still fresh in my opinion.

Dayvan Cowboy
mechanismj wrote:Yeah, I agree. I still say we're doing this to early anyway. Lets give it some time. The other comp is still fresh in my opinion.

Very true...however the other comp took loads of planning before there was even any submissions...its all just brainstorming ideas right now...who knows how long this could take...but yes too early to start doing in major planning and gather of the minds.

Telepath
I kinda agree...although I am looking forward for a new one :D

but do you guys remember how long it took even before submission started? let alone make tracks for it?

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:I kinda agree...although I am looking forward for a new one :D

but do you guys remember how long it took even before submission started? let alone make tracks for it?

MONTHS

Site Admin
The Other wrote:
mechanismj wrote:Yeah, I agree. I still say we're doing this to early anyway. Lets give it some time. The other comp is still fresh in my opinion.

Very true...however the other comp took loads of planning before there was even any submissions...its all just brainstorming ideas right now...who knows how long this could take...but yes too early to start doing in major planning and gather of the minds.

I totally agree, The Other hit the nail on the head.. this topic is only for brainstorming.
Also, we shouldn't compare the organisation of the other compilation with this one as it was the first one and also because it was hand over halfway the process. The Other and me are a well-oiled machine now, so don't worry about that :)

As I said before.. we should not kick off a new compilation soon. Just settle everything with volume 1 first. (as soon as I have information I'll post it in the other topic.)

*get's on with the brainstorming,
I think we should go for: Various Artists - One on Twoism Two
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
And then it can be "Second One On Twoism Two, that is One On Twoism Two Two."

I can't wait, personally, till "Twenty Second One of Twoism, Two Two Two Two Two Two Two T......"

Dayvan Cowboy
Techboy wrote:And then it can be "Second One On Twoism Two, that is One On Twoism Two Two."

I can't wait, personally, till "Twenty Second One of Twoism, Two Two Two Two Two Two Two T......"

or... one on twoism three...?

i prefer two on twoism though, unless there was a specific reason for it being one?
"Now son, don't worry, those were just lies Daddy told to get prescription drugs"

Happy Cycler
Infinite E wrote:
Techboy wrote:And then it can be "Second One On Twoism Two, that is One On Twoism Two Two."

or... one on twoism three...?

i prefer two on twoism though, unless there was a specific reason for it being one?

Agreed. Should be Two On Twoism.

Happy Cycler
or simply "one on twoism vol.2"?

like they could all be called "one on twoism" and then there could just be volumes.

Telepath

One on Twoism 2
-The Two to one on twoism vol. 1-

(AKA, The Second One of One on Twoism part I)

But seriously...lets call it

One on twoism - Revolutions

or

One on twoism - The two towers....

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records