Switch to full style
Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.
Post a reply

Re: I hope you are okay.

Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:40 am

Jonse wrote:On another note, would it be possible to do a basic voice/chat embed to twoism.org? It feels like that might actually get used now.
Forgive my stupidity, but what would the purpose of that be?

Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:43 am

rodox_head wrote:
Jonse wrote:On another note, would it be possible to do a basic voice/chat embed to twoism.org? It feels like that might actually get used now.

I like the idea of something like a chat embedded. And if it had voice and video that would be swell, too.

I am going to be honest, everyone. I suck ass keeping up with everything. There is SO much and I am constantly realizing that I'm out of my depths with some of this stuff.

I do like what Discord can offer, although I don't really feel like I'm fast enough to keep up with it. Anybody else have that experience?

Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:05 am

Sky and Trails wrote:
rodox_head wrote:

I like the idea of something like a chat embedded. And if it had voice and video that would be swell, too.
With all due respect, I don't think the site gathers enough user traffic to really warrant that. I think the format we have now suffices for now. As much as I'm sure everybody would want to hear my David Sylvian/Andy Prieboy impression, I think a voice function kinda goes out the same.
I am going to be honest, everyone. I suck ass keeping up with everything. There is SO much and I am constantly realizing that I'm out of my depths with some of this stuff.

I do like what Discord can offer, although I don't really feel like I'm fast enough to keep up with it. Anybody else have that experience?
I made a thread about that a while back:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14951

Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:51 am

Sky and Trails wrote:I am going to be honest, everyone. I suck ass keeping up with everything. There is SO much and I am constantly realizing that I'm out of my depths with some of this stuff.

You seem to suffer from FOMO (fear of missing out). Work on that.

The good thing about platforms like Discord is that you don't have to keep up with everything, you just hop on and off whenever you feel like it and can make some time. Don't expect you can take it all in because you can't. It's impossible. But that's ok.

Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:02 am

FOMO - I like that. Makes total sense reading it.
And since it's known, now I don't feel as bad for missing out sometimes.
Thanks!
Post a reply