What cartoons do you enjoy?

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
PresidentSquidward wrote:I'm gonna killed for this, but I've always had a distaste for Ren and Stimpy. For me, it's too crass and ugly to look at. :P

Thought I'd share this little hot take, hope anyone doesn't mind since I tend to get controversial responses whenever I mention this elsewhere XD

You honestly aren't alone. I always found it uncomfortable, I know that is supposedly the point, but I never really saw much artistic value in it. It wasn't for me and I didn't really know what they were trying to achieve other than discomfort for the sake of discomfort.

Posts Quantity
Valotonin wrote:
PresidentSquidward wrote:I'm gonna killed for this, but I've always had a distaste for Ren and Stimpy. For me, it's too crass and ugly to look at. :P

Thought I'd share this little hot take, hope anyone doesn't mind since I tend to get controversial responses whenever I mention this elsewhere XD

You honestly aren't alone. I always found it uncomfortable, I know that is supposedly the point, but I never really saw much artistic value in it. It wasn't for me and I didn't really know what they were trying to achieve other than discomfort for the sake of discomfort.
exactly how I feel! plus, I'm not surprised the show's creator, John Kricfalusi, turned out to be even more than just an ass, but a harasser of women. Yikes.
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Posts Quantity
Jesus listens to Data Language Systems.

Posts Quantity
Don't piss me off bitch I seen it.

Posts Quantity
every fucking one of those 1000 cds were torn up you fucking bastard so you ain't got shit on me seasonz cop has one thoughm

Posts Quantity
WTF are you talking saying?

Posts Quantity
only three exist plaidy watty
1 i'll hint gurnee
2 aunt
3 david
oh and metalhead mark which he thought was bad

data language systems - I just wanna give you headphones
the cover of reachy prints isn't where i live

you're alive
i found my grave and you won't find me alive
so long schlongs

clean police record?
clean police compact disc

Posts Quantity
Decibels of Euphoria are going to kick the shit out of you.

Posts Quantity
I don't serve money, money serves me.

Tom and Jerry friends and the end is near. Dicky moe. I've bought every thing I own.

Dayvan Cowboy
a-are you guys okay?

Posts Quantity
I think we just witnessed a cartoon.
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(

Posts Quantity
Fuck you g-d.

Posts Quantity
did you finish those papers?

Posts Quantity
Which papers are you talking about? If you're talking about my G.E.D, than, no! Smoked the others yesterday. Why?

Friendly Stranger
Invader Zim!
sig

Friendly Stranger
Lupin the third!
sig

Happy Cycler
Valotonin wrote:

You guys are pretty young, aren't you?

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm 33 and R&S always bothered me in the same ways. What generation was that made for?

Happy Cycler
zeitgeist wrote:I'm 33 and R&S always bothered me in the same ways. What generation was that made for?

I guess it's not much of a generational thing, really. I am 35. I have always just gotten a kick out of the more uncomfortable and disturbing styles of animation.

Posts Quantity
mechanismj wrote:
Valotonin wrote:

You guys are pretty young, aren't you?
Yeah, but I've always never been a fan of disturbing, grossout type humor, so the many times I've seen R&S I just accepted that it will never be my cup of tea. Seen more cartoons of that surrealist caliber probably executed better.

I do know a lot of young cartoon fans in their preteens-teenager years who get a KICK out of Ren and Stimpy and current SpongeBob (which imitates the style of R&S greatly right now and of course I'm not big on it) and have artstyles that are very cartoon-y. I'm friends with quite a few of them. :P I can see it's appeal but it's one of those cartoons I just have major disgust towards but I try not to sound annoying with it. lel

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground