Haunted Generation

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
This should be of particular interest to those from the UK around a certain age:

https://hauntedgeneration.co.uk/2019/04 ... eneration/

References to BoC, Scarfolk, Ghostbox etc... that weird 70s-80s-childhood vibe that I'm a little bit obsessed with; it brings back so many weird and strange feelings and memories for me. Just what the hell was going on back then?

Nice one! Thanks for sharing. Can't have too much of a good thing.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Wow. Excellent! Go watch Penda’s Fen on YouTube right now if you haven’t done so already. It’s almost a Rosetta Stone for understanding BoC’s themes, images, etc. Really excellent film on its own merit, too.

Dayvan Cowboy
Nice one, I'm still absolutely lapping up this sort of stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
Getting stuck into this this evening, what a superb blog - thanks for the link.

Happy Cycler
jcnporter wrote:Getting stuck into this this evening, what a superb blog - thanks for the link.

You're welcome - I love anything to do with this "spooked out post war Britain" aesthetic/atmosphere.

Eagle Minded
Nice article, I will read it in full when at home. I leave you with another article that many of you may find interesting, I had already shared a while ago here but for those who didn't saw it, it's called "How the Psychedelic Shows of Your Youth Affect Your Mind Today": https://thelaymansanswerstoeverything.c ... ind-today/
---
Fuck transphobes

Happy Cycler
Oh my goodness, these are brilliant:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA0BBw ... vXn4pJIDzw

For fans of BoC (obviously), 1970s weirdness, Hauntology, public information films, wobbly synths... you know the drill...

Boqurant
"Lovers of archive weirdness, Penda’s Fen was produced by the BBC as a 1974 Play For Today, telling the story of tormented gay teenager Stephen Franklin, whose emerging sexuality is at odds with his rigidly unswerving – and largely self-imposed – Christian and political beliefs."

This will probably earn me a swift ban from this site, but why should I care?

Typical BBC fare imho.
Their choice attack always has been firmly fixed on young white males.

From the architecture of the original building that housed their minions, to the choice not to report the murder of Kriss Donald in 2004, Ross Parker etc etc... you literally could fill this page with clues about what the BBC really stands for.
Friends, you owe it to yourself and your family to leave the congested city, and enjoy what nature intended you to enjoy.

Return to The Playground