This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm still bummed that I've never been to 1 of the Dorset meetups. At least I had the pleasure to meetup with Cupz on a very small Dutch meetup.

Met up with some other fellow BoC fans from a telegram group that was started by the Twoism Boards as well, but it's not really about Boards of Canada anymore haha.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Boqurant
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
i only really listened through Rue The Whirl for the first time a couple years ago, and turns out the back third of it or so is totally great! :lol:

Happy Cycler
About as random as it gets:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-58058218

The Climate Change Minister for Wales is.... Aphex Twin's sister.

Eagle Minded
A_Northern_Soul wrote:About as random as it gets:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-58058218

The Climate Change Minister for Wales is.... Aphex Twin's sister.

that's so awesome, what a small world. she seems really cool
paul joseph watson isn't going to like this though...

Happy Cycler
Negamuse wrote:Met Cupz before I transitioned and the first thing he did was tweak my nose and say "I like what you've got going on here". I don't know why but it endeared me to him right away, he just smiled like he could see me. Sadly only had a few hours to get to know him before getting so trashed I passed out. I'd like to meet him again one day.

No but seriously I would love to meet Cupz in real life - and all you guys. I hung out with Pretzel a couple times back in the 20-teens. That was fun. First time I ever drank in a bar that used to be a mortuary.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy
It's already a month ago my first son was born, time flies when you change diapers every 3 hours!
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Happy Cycler
portiss wrote:It's already a month ago my first son was born, time flies when you change diapers every 3 hours!

Woo congrats :-)
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
Been years since I frequented this forum, kinda fell off the IDM wagon since, do my tastes still fit in here? :lol:
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:Been years since I frequented this forum, kinda fell off the IDM wagon since, do my tastes still fit in here? :lol:

Wow good taste, I spot the prodigy, echo and the bunnymen (great post punk band) , bit of Aphex, chumbawumba & kraftwerk!
(That chumbawumba tubthumper album cover makes me think of a frank Zappa album art.)

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Wow good taste, I spot the prodigy, echo and the bunnymen (great post punk band) , bit of Aphex, chumbawumba & kraftwerk!
(That chumbawumba tubthumper album cover makes me think of a frank Zappa album art.)

I remember a music store I used to frequent would always have a thick stack of used copies of the "Tubthumper" album, I imagine the art may be the reason why for some. I like that underneath the CD is just a zoomed in shot of the cover.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:

I remember a music store I used to frequent would always have a thick stack of used copies of the "Tubthumper" album, I imagine the art may be the reason why for some. I like that underneath the CD is just a zoomed in shot of the cover.

That particular single made me think today about the early days of photoshopping, when you could put GIANT white teeth on a baby! :wink:

Sherbet Head
rodox_head wrote:Been years since I frequented this forum, kinda fell off the IDM wagon since, do my tastes still fit in here? :lol:

Thumbs way upon the Too Dark Park and The Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Taste. Fun fact. Saw Ministry at Lollapalooza 92 and then again with Sepultura and Helmet, both here is Washington. Both Chris Cornell and Kim Thayil played with them on So What and Supernaught, respectfully. Good times.

Given the inclusion of both on your list, thoughts on Rabies?

Dayvan Cowboy
zeoevil wrote:Given the inclusion of both on your list, thoughts on Rabies?

I quite like it. You can definitely hear Al's influence on it, "Fascist Jock Itch" especially. I must admit that when I listen to it I tend to start at "Worlock", a fantastic center track. I sometimes forget about it since it's sandwiched between (IMO) their best works.

Orbited insanitarium wrote:That particular single made me think today about the early days of photoshopping, when you could put GIANT white teeth on a baby! :wink:

That's what I love about album art :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Anyone hear about the comedian Sean lock’s passing? Great comic, surprised to hear he died, at 58 as well.

Dayvan Cowboy
I miss subject lines! I never really see them being used anymore - emails are mostly from spam, newsletters, or services, and what would be subject lines in direct/personal messages are just bubbles of the faces of people you've connected with.

feels all very web 1.0 by now

Happy Cycler
hello friends

I'm ... I'm an old user from way back when ...

how are .... we doing ... here in this place ...

what's the ... uh ... haps...

Spoiler: show
i might also be making an album and looking for collaborators from places and times in my life I feel were important.
this is one of those places, so if there's any creatives from the time I was most active here ... let me know!

Happy Cycler
The Telepathic Kid wrote:hello friends

I'm ... I'm an old user from way back when ...

how are .... we doing ... here in this place ...

what's the ... uh ... haps...

Spoiler: show
i might also be making an album and looking for collaborators from places and times in my life I feel were important.
this is one of those places, so if there's any creatives from the time I was most active here ... let me know!

TTK! Yo! Nice to see you again.

Dayvan Cowboy
The Telepathic Kid wrote:what's the ... uh ... haps...

well i'll be! what's up dude!

Dayvan Cowboy
Does anyone else love noticing when a library sample pops up in completely different songs? I just noticed that the background droning in "One Day In My Garden" by Amon Tobin can be heard in "Parade of Disasters" from Postal and "Living In Fear" from Silent Hill Homecoming. Also I'm almost positive that in "Raptor" by Dom & Roland you can hear the "distorted trumpets" sample as well as the same drum break that appears in the Terror Coaster theme from the original Ape Escape. I know a lot of you guys are probably more privy to this thing, but it always fascinates me.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground