Sick Times: Coronavirus

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
kakanara wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:
The_Duke wrote:How can people tell if they have had the Luciferase jab and not the placebo?

the what?

luciferase is a family of enzymes that make stuff like jellyfish glow, by reacting with our atp molecules, my biology teacher worked with this kind of stuff, its very cool
i looked up the 'vaccine relation' briefly and apparently theres some theories that some vaccines contains luciferin? im not a chemist, but since our cells produce atp constantly i'm pretty sure the reaction would immediatly start taking place after the jab and your arm would start glowing or smt

oh that explains my turquoise hexagon arm glow. got it
yes, i would love to be free!

Dayvan Cowboy
I am planning to get my vaccine. Mainly because, not to get a vaccine became more irrational now, than to get it. Don't want to fight the windmills anymore, I guess.

Eagle Minded
whoa, didn't expect that.
"fighting the windmills" hahaha nice

Eagle Minded
got confirmation that my in person classes will NOT return on this year at least. everyone in my family have started to go on with their lives but my university refuses to budge. alone all day now. hooray!
i have also gotten so lazy i have to put in effort to play video games now. that's a feat.

have things returned to normal more or less where you guys live? right here i go out occasionally and i see a good number of old people not wearing masks. the anti vax movement in my city is pathetic so i assume they have taken both dosages and have gotten on with their lives. good for them i guess.

Dayvan Cowboy
kakanara wrote:got confirmation that my in person classes will NOT return on this year at least. everyone in my family have started to go on with their lives but my university refuses to budge. alone all day now. hooray!
i have also gotten so lazy i have to put in effort to play video games now. that's a feat.

have things returned to normal more or less where you guys live? right here i go out occasionally and i see a good number of old people not wearing masks. the anti vax movement in my city is pathetic so i assume they have taken both dosages and have gotten on with their lives. good for them i guess.

where i live it's a bit slow, at this moment i'm typing this at a library on one of their many comps. looking out of my town, i see a mix of people (face mask and not) there's still hand sanitiser here and all the usual covid precautions (for example the keyboard i'm using now is covered with a sort of plastic overlay called a steritype, which they wipe after) All the options are available it's just the majority of people in my town are visitors which means you generally don't have much compliancy here. everything's slowly churning along gradually, but case numbers are rising rapidly due to the influx of non locals. the co-op (the only supermarket) has changed from a nice place to an empty desolate tomorrow's harvest type place, like a warehouse of empty aisles (creepyness personified)
anyhow enough berating life in general.
how are you going to spend your newfound free time? i do hope your uni has a revelation.
need any recommendations, i'm your man! :wink:

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:where i live it's a bit slow, at this moment i'm typing this at a library on one of their many comps. looking out of my town, i see a mix of people (face mask and not) there's still hand sanitiser here and all the usual covid precautions (for example the keyboard i'm using now is covered with a sort of plastic overlay called a steritype, which they wipe after) All the options are available it's just the majority of people in my town are visitors which means you generally don't have much compliancy here. everything's slowly churning along gradually, but case numbers are rising rapidly due to the influx of non locals. the co-op (the only supermarket) has changed from a nice place to an empty desolate tomorrow's harvest type place, like a warehouse of empty aisles (creepyness personified)
how are you going to spend your newfound free time? i do hope your uni has a revelation.

interesting! your library sounds lovely, now featuring grandma plastic wrap on the computers.
Cases here are still linear, but we don't get many visitors, so i'd guess it's easiser to contain.
and how come most of your town are visitors? found that quite strange.
also found strange how your supermarket is neglected like that. thought people would shop there more now.

i wish i had more free time! i'm having distance classes still, and although i technically have the entire day to study, my productivity is so low i need to watch the same lecture about 3 times to get the basic information i need (and that's on a good day!) so i end up just watching lectures and sleeping most days.
do you know any artists like steinvord, heorge garrison, or rtr? i really dig that stuff but their discographies are minuscule

Dayvan Cowboy
kakanara wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:where i live it's a bit slow, at this moment i'm typing this at a library on one of their many comps. looking out of my town, i see a mix of people (face mask and not) there's still hand sanitiser here and all the usual covid precautions (for example the keyboard i'm using now is covered with a sort of plastic overlay called a steritype, which they wipe after) All the options are available it's just the majority of people in my town are visitors which means you generally don't have much compliancy here. everything's slowly churning along gradually, but case numbers are rising rapidly due to the influx of non locals. the co-op (the only supermarket) has changed from a nice place to an empty desolate tomorrow's harvest type place, like a warehouse of empty aisles (creepyness personified)

interesting! your library sounds lovely, now featuring grandma plastic wrap on the computers.
Cases here are still linear, but we don't get many visitors, so i'd guess it's easiser to contain.
and how come most of your town are visitors? found that quite strange.
also found strange how your supermarket is neglected like that. thought people would shop there more now.

i wish i had more free time! i'm having distance classes still, and although i technically have the entire day to study, my productivity is so low i need to watch the same lecture about 3 times to get the basic information i need (and that's on a good day!) so i end up just watching lectures and sleeping most days.
do you know any artists like steinvord, heorge garrison, or rtr? i really dig that stuff but their discographies are minuscule

Thanks kakanara for the response, my library is quite a lush place!
the reason my town is so busy is it’s by the coast (no.1 staycation hotspot last year in the uk, would ya believe) so it’s constantly filled with visitors!
It does get annoying + plus the reason my local supermarket is so quiet and empty is because there’s been so much stock sold over the summer months that they keep getting rid of the essentials (water, milk etc) to make way for beach hats and twiddle twaddle (and the like) in fact they closed down half of it to open a mini-store within called ‘the original factory’
Honestly the place is so depressing they even got rid of the ceiling!
I took a photo of it about a week back https://ibb.co/jymTDK3

Also I’ve heard of steinvord as there was tons of hype a few years ago with whether he’s RDJ or not, same with heorge garrison (I think I’ve come across some of his tracks on bandcamp).

I’d recommend something to help concentration for studying it’s an album called ‘the coldest season’ by ambient techno artist ‘Deepchord’ here’s a YouTube link for the full album https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pnubPGFQzPQ

Atmospheric but not too distracting, of analogue boccy synths and programming :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Forgot to say in the previous post, who’s rtr? Never heard of him! I did do a quick search, found some tracks and had a listen, that is some good sh*t.
Ps. I find it so fascinating that i can interact with somebody at the other side of the globe! Your a good three hours behind UK time. Ahh the magic of the Internet. Who said it was evil and I had to wake up! :wink:

(+ the Post count of ‘the Playground’ sub-forum Is 69666, creepy!)

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:(+ the Post count of ‘the Playground’ sub-forum Is 69666, creepy!)

Sorry for taking so long to respond. i didn't want to be the one to ruin it ; )

Orbited insanitarium wrote:Forgot to say in the previous post, who’s rtr? Never heard of him! I did do a quick search, found some tracks and had a listen, that is some good sh*t.
Ps. I find it so fascinating that i can interact with somebody at the other side of the globe! Your a good three hours behind UK time. Ahh the magic of the Internet. Who said it was evil and I had to wake up! :wink:

RTR is another mystery dude who makes really good music and doesn't say who he is. Some dudes think he might be heorge garrison or steinvord. I like him. good stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjWvZx1 ... el=bleurgh

Talking to people from afar is pretty nice innit. My personal experience tends to be a bit more jarring since most forums i visit are british or american. Pretty removed from the culture of where i live. Sometimes you're discussing extreme social justice on the internet and then go watch tv where there's a dude defending arranged marriages

Dayvan Cowboy
kakanara wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:(+ the Post count of ‘the Playground’ sub-forum Is 69666, creepy!)

Sorry for taking so long to respond. i didn't want to be the one to ruin it ; )

Orbited insanitarium wrote:Forgot to say in the previous post, who’s rtr? Never heard of him! I did do a quick search, found some tracks and had a listen, that is some good sh*t.

RTR is another mystery dude who makes really good music and doesn't say who he is. Some dudes think he might be heorge garrison or steinvord. I like him. good stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjWvZx1 ... el=bleurgh

Talking to people from afar is pretty nice innit. My personal experience tends to be a bit more jarring since most forums i visit are british or american. Pretty removed from the culture of where i live. Sometimes you're discussing extreme social justice on the internet and then go watch tv where there's a dude defending arranged marriages

Heck, I can’t even get service to ring my mother from 20meters away. And yet twoism.org takes you to messages sent by mobiles, laptops, (whatever) all over the globe.
thumbs up to satellites, your doing a good job! :]

Happy Cycler
I have to return to campus in a couple days. Not really looking forward to it.

Dayvan Cowboy
i feel really exhausted by zoom funerals, finding out that people i know have died, and watching my friends lose their family and friends, too

Dayvan Cowboy
Waterbagel wrote:i feel really exhausted by zoom funerals, finding out that people i know have died, and watching my friends lose their family and friends, too

My condolences
_____
Pardon the vent posting here:

The past couple years have been devoid of tragedy, and I count my blessings for that, but certainly not devoid of a constant fog of bleakness, hopelessness, and futility. Quite literally given the recent catastrophic fires in my region. I work night shift, so seeing this all unfold was a very surreal experience. The store I work for has gone drastically downhill in terms of morale, both on an isolated and company wide level. Several confirmed cases at work that included people I work directly with. I jokingly compare my team to Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts II since we're half a team and all kinda irritated with each other now. I don't even know how many people still work for the store these days, both day and night shifters. But hey, at least the company's getting to the top of the Forbes list. Just about all my friends and family are hours away, and with my hours I rarely get to talk to any of them. Given my circumstance, I feel a sense of survivor's guilt, and an overwhelming amount of regret.

I keep a Cutout picture of Cindy Lou Who (from the book) from last year's Xmas decor at work taped in my locker so I can at least say I saw at least one smile in the day.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Eagle Minded
Waterbagel wrote:i feel really exhausted by zoom funerals, finding out that people i know have died, and watching my friends lose their family and friends, too

Wow, zoom funerals? that's something new to me. All the funerals we had were in-person, even at the height of the pandemic. Sounds rough.

rodox_head wrote:The past couple years have been devoid of tragedy, and I count my blessings for that, but certainly not devoid of a constant fog of bleakness, hopelessness, and futility. Quite literally given the recent catastrophic fires in my region. I work night shift, so seeing this all unfold was a very surreal experience. The store I work for has gone drastically downhill in terms of morale, both on an isolated and company wide level. Several confirmed cases at work that included people I work directly with. I jokingly compare my team to Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts II since we're half a team and all kinda irritated with each other now. I don't even know how many people still work for the store these days, both day and night shifters. But hey, at least the company's getting to the top of the Forbes list. Just about all my friends and family are hours away, and with my hours I rarely get to talk to any of them. Given my circumstance, I feel a sense of survivor's guilt, and an overwhelming amount of regret.

I keep a Cutout picture of Cindy Lou Who (from the book) from last year's Xmas decor at work taped in my locker so I can at least say I saw at least one smile in the day.

sad read : (
hope ur doing fine, we'll get thru this one day

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:

My condolences
_____
Pardon the vent posting here:

The past couple years have been devoid of tragedy, and I count my blessings for that, but certainly not devoid of a constant fog of bleakness, hopelessness, and futility. Quite literally given the recent catastrophic fires in my region. I work night shift, so seeing this all unfold was a very surreal experience. The store I work for has gone drastically downhill in terms of morale, both on an isolated and company wide level. Several confirmed cases at work that included people I work directly with. I jokingly compare my team to Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts II since we're half a team and all kinda irritated with each other now. I don't even know how many people still work for the store these days, both day and night shifters. But hey, at least the company's getting to the top of the Forbes list. Just about all my friends and family are hours away, and with my hours I rarely get to talk to any of them. Given my circumstance, I feel a sense of survivor's guilt, and an overwhelming amount of regret.

No, don’t apologise for having a vent, It’s sad to know about your situation, I would like to reiterate what i said about PM’ing me on the depression thread, This goes for anybody. Rodox, I do care about your mental state, and I’d like you to remember that next time you feel like this.

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:No, don’t apologise for having a vent, It’s sad to know about your situation, I would like to reiterate what i said about PM’ing me on the depression thread, This goes for anybody. Rodox, I do care about your mental state, and I’d like you to remember that next time you feel like this.

Thanks :) . That last post I guess came out a little more dramatic than I originally thought. And yeah, I haven't forgotten about that, I just am admittedly pretty bad at the whole "reaching out to others" thing :|

So sorry to hear about Zoom funerals.

In the states, I don't think Zoom funerals are much of a thing anymore, so when the vaccine became available, I got it right away because a lot of my family was sick with COVID. I didn't want one of them to pass away, then have me catch it from an unvaccinated family member at the funeral itself. Bizarre, morbid thoughts that I guess we have to deal with in these times?

Morale at my day job has gone downhill too and 3/4ths of the staff has quit. We're all remote, and we all get along, so that's great, but the office has been mismanaged for the last year and a half because of the issue of being short-staffed, but also because the employer doesn't seem to understand that we are still in a pandemic, and so they keep scratching their heads as to why we aren't meeting metrics and giving all of us a lot more work to do. It's mind-boggling and they're putting so much unattainable pressure and work on the remaining staff. I've blown my fuse quite a few times, but have been holding it together pretty well lately.

I really had some hopes that this would all start to wind down, then the Delta Variant came along. I'm getting out of the house more, but still give a lot of thought to who I see, what I do, and where I go.

Thankfully, I haven't known too many people who've caught it or have passed away. However, an unvaccinated acquaintance of mine caught it and it caused him to have a stroke, which has caused a lot of grief for himself and the people in his life.

I am just very tired of the number of people I know who have become full-fledged conspiracy theorists, including my Father. I griped about this last year in this same thread and I still don't even know how to develop coping mechanism skills for dealing with this.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Sherbet Head
2020k wrote:I am just very tired of the number of people I know who have become full-fledged conspiracy theorists, including my Father. I griped about this last year in this same thread and I still don't even know how to develop coping mechanism skills for dealing with this.

I hear ya. My way of coping with people who are into all these wild theories is 1. to ignore discussing the subject with them all together because it is a waste of time and 2. understanding where it is coming from. Know that it is the fear that drives people into believing all that stuff. They rather believe some wild theories than to be comfortable in not-knowing and surrendering to what is happening right now, however hard that may be of course.

You can try to argue with them but the vast majority of those people are so tunnel-visioned into that shit that they cannot be reasoned with. Just let it play out, nothing you can do except stay calm and be okay with it. Then at least it doesn't take away your own peace.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
2020k! time to give Burst Mode another spin :)

yeah. I'm seeing more of that in my area lately - folks that catch it and end up with some problems, some more serious than others. i'm at the point where i'm wondering what i need to do, myself - in Alabama, it seems like the ship's set sail on general isolation. few places require masks (and the state's mandate is long gone), but I still usually see workers and some patrons with masks

we had a big surge in deaths in august which seems to be receding, thankfully. we'll see what flu season brings us

Dayvan Cowboy
Another great exchange at work last night:

Me: "Hey, haven't seen you in a while. :) "
Coworker: "Yeah, I had Covid."
Me: "Oh... :| "

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground