What games are you playing?

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I think I just finished my first game in over 15 years.

I'm a big DBZ fan, so I started DBZ Kakarot, and just finished Majin Buu yesterday. The game has it flaws but to me it was a lot of fun. Guess i'll have to buy the DLC now.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Dayvan Cowboy
Waterbagel wrote:revisiting Shining Force for the sega genesis after maybe a decade or so - it's a nice simple little RPG from back in the day :)

hoping to revisit the Geneforge series before too long..

finally revisiting Geneforge and it's not as hard to play as I remember.. I'm enjoying it! damned if it isn't hard as well to navigate the controls sometimes, though.

Posts Quantity
portiss wrote:I think I just finished my first game in over 15 years.

I'm a big DBZ fan, so I started DBZ Kakarot, and just finished Majin Buu yesterday. The game has it flaws but to me it was a lot of fun. Guess i'll have to buy the DLC now.

It definitely has potential. I recently picked it back up and have leveled my Goku to 270 along with some of the other characters. The bridge that they're building into DBsuper is nice so I hope to see the game eventually take you to the tournament of power. Just remember to spam train Whis and you'll get tons of the ultimate sacred water so you can use that to level up. Not sure if it is the first or second time you have to fight Golden Frieza as Goku & Vegeta but I remember that being a bit difficult. Had to go back to Whis, then back to GF.

Halo Infinite is pulling me in hard right now. All of this competition is bringing me back :shock:

Dayvan Cowboy
oakmoss&amber wrote:

It definitely has potential. I recently picked it back up and have leveled my Goku to 270 along with some of the other characters. The bridge that they're building into DBsuper is nice so I hope to see the game eventually take you to the tournament of power. Just remember to spam train Whis and you'll get tons of the ultimate sacred water so you can use that to level up. Not sure if it is the first or second time you have to fight Golden Frieza as Goku & Vegeta but I remember that being a bit difficult. Had to go back to Whis, then back to GF.

Halo Infinite is pulling me in hard right now. All of this competition is bringing me back :shock:

I haven't done anything since Majin Buu. I haven't really done a lot of side quests either. So Goku/Vegeta/Gohan are around 65. Is it worth keeping on playing and leveling them up? I usually don't really like the grind factor in games.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Posts Quantity
portiss wrote:
oakmoss&amber wrote:

I haven't done anything since Majin Buu. I haven't really done a lot of side quests either. So Goku/Vegeta/Gohan are around 65. Is it worth keeping on playing and leveling them up? I usually don't really like the grind factor in games.

The grind factor is definitely minimal compared to let's say Zelda: Breath of The Wild. BoTW seems to have a better payout when you grind while Kakarot does not. I love dbz and like to traverse through that universe and this is the closest to an open world dbz game we have ever had. The side quests are kind of lame but I would at least get the first and second dlc. if you like those, continue on to Future Trunks. Like I stated before though, I believe they will continue updating it and we will eventually get more. You don't necessarily have to grind. I play it twice a week and it's nice to have the characters up in level so I can just mess around until more dlc comes out. Training with Beerus and Whis is fun as hell. It really adds to the story considering you have to consistently train with them to become God tier.

I just like to fight and transform in to Super Saiyan Blue. Never gets old.

Dayvan Cowboy
Metroid Dread

Sherbet Head
Currently playing Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun.

Love these kind of games, reminds me of Desperados and Commandos 2. I also love the music and the slow pace of the game.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Eagle Minded
i played soma again this week, god i love that game
also the new covid variant naming convention always remind me of the stations in the game. omicron is a nice one, can't wait for tau.

Sherbet Head
Animal Crossing with my eight year old daughter.

Happy Cycler
Currently stuck in the middle of a game of Twister and the person spinning the arrow ran away. HELP!

Sherbet Head
I got a subscription to chess.com. I'm not a good player at all, but if any of you are on there, I'm orange_romeda. Hit me up for a game!

I just ordered the Sonic Gems Collection for Gamecube because it has Sonic CD on it and I've wanted to play Sonic CD since I was 8 years old. It's supposed to arrive early next week.

There was a four disc X-files game released for PS1 that my Mom bought me for Christmas. I started playing it but the pixelation of it on a 55 inch TV makes it a little difficult. She also bought me Final Doom for PS1, but I haven't had a go at it yet.

Last year, I bought every Tomb Raider game for PS1 and PS2 thinking that I would spend the pandemic completing the series, but found myself pissed off after Tomb Raider 2's insufferable water levels and I can't bring myself to pick up the franchise anymore. I really want to play and complete it, and they're very nice games to play for nostalgia, but my God they're frustrating! Does anyone who's played these have tips to make it not so daunting? Part of me thinks I hold the key to ending the pandemic, which is completing this leg of the Tomb Raider franchise like I sent out to do in 2020. :lol:
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Sherbet Head
I can't stop playing RDR2 and both Ori games. I'm about to buy a PS3/4 so I can finally play RDR1. I keep trying to get into others and fail. I like shooters but it really needs to be a 3rd person perspective.

Dayvan Cowboy
Deus Ex_Mankind Divided

Dayvan Cowboy
Just finished The Outer Wilds, loved it. Kind of unique atmosphere to it and very well put together. Made me think of this forum, but not in an obvious way.

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:Deus Ex_Mankind Divided

What are your thoughts on it? I bought it a long time ago but didn't get to it yet. I've played Human Revolution a lot in the past (wish there was a remaster on PS4) and that game was friggin' awesome, the story and music especially.

Dayvan Cowboy
Gazebo4 wrote:

What are your thoughts on it? I bought it a long time ago but didn't get to it yet. I've played Human Revolution a lot in the past (wish there was a remaster on PS4) and that game was friggin' awesome, the story and music especially.

I think the controls are improved from Human Revolution, graphics are better and augmentations are very cool. This is all Cyberpunk wish to be, lol. The setting is near future Praha, still not sure why Praha, maybe the story is going to unfold. But basically this feels like illuminati story in Eastern Europe.... NPC's speaking in broken english, while the main character searching for the clues. It is an interesting game, to say the least...

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:
Gazebo4 wrote:

I think the controls are improved from Human Revolution, graphics are better and augmentations are very cool. This is all Cyberpunk wish to be, lol. The setting is near future Praha, still not sure why Praha, maybe the story is going to unfold. But basically this feels like illuminati story in Eastern Europe.... NPC's speaking in broken english, while the main character searching for the clues. It is an interesting game, to say the least...

Thanks for the thorough reply. I hope to play it in the near future, sounds like it will be an awesome game!

Eagle Minded
I've been playing Hotline Miami 2 non stop since last spring

Sherbet Head
Beamng.Drive
Suck my BUTT

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground