EXPLAIN YOUR AVATAR THREAD

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
The revival of this topic made me change mine into my dog lol.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Boqurant
I just really like how Bengus drew Roll on the first Marvel Vs. Capcom game, his style represents that era of capcom's arcade games perfectly.

Boqurant
arvy wrote:
phpBB [media]

This city was once a happy, peaceful place...until one day, a powerful secret criminal organization took over. This vicious syndicate soon had control of the government and even the police force. The city has become a center of violence where no one is safe.
Amid this turmoil, a group of young Police officers has sworn to clean up the city. Among them are Adam Hunter, Axel Stone, and Blaze Fielding. They are willing to risk anything...even their lives...on the...
Streets of Rage

Still one of the best beat em' ups ever released

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Sky and Trails, that is an utterly fantastic story. Your avatar looks quite native to me, it suits you sir! :D

Thank you! I really really wish I had some video of the whole thing. It was very much like a Blair Witch experience to walk around and see those signs.

I just hope they're still up, scaring the shit out of hunters.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Sherbet Head
Mine's the main character from the German film Das Leben der Anderen, (The Lives of Others). It's an excellent film that I recommend if you haven't checked it out already.

Boqurant
Remulo wrote:I just really like how Bengus drew Roll on the first Marvel Vs. Capcom game, his style represents that era of capcom's arcade games perfectly.

Update:
Tried to edit an image of Naoto from Persona 4 to look like this one of BoC

Closest I could get it at least, I think it ended up looking pretty neat

Dayvan Cowboy
A new one, couldn't keep this to myself.
This new avatar is a fantastic serial experiments lain based illustration by reddit artist Pulonia.

I especially admire the color combinations and line work on it. Really well crafted. :)

Before:

After:

I hope there's some continuity between them, as they both look quite manga-ish. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Trixie Tang.
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Sherbet Head
It's part of a skybox texture from an old unreleased doom mod one of my friends made lmao
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

It's a modified Apple Memoji. Replaced the Apple logo with a boc sticker and added the TH background.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:It's a modified Apple Memoji. Replaced the Apple logo with a boc sticker and added the TH background.

I'm curious, do you have an BoC sticker on your own laptop? If so then that's Art imitating Life! :wink:

Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:It's a modified Apple Memoji. Replaced the Apple logo with a boc sticker and added the TH background.

I'm curious, do you have an BoC sticker on your own laptop? If so then that's Art imitating Life! :wink:

Yes I do actually, but contrary to my avatar the Apple logo is still visible on my laptop though.

Boqurant
Orbited insanitarium wrote:A new one, couldn't keep this to myself.
This new avatar is a fantastic serial experiments lain based illustration by reddit artist Pulonia.

I especially admire the color combinations and line work on it. Really well crafted. :)

I love their artstyle!

Dayvan Cowboy
Remulo wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:A new one, couldn't keep this to myself.

I love their artstyle!

I agree! Might never change it!

Eagle Minded
Unused concept art from the video game WipEout,

“This had nothing to do with WipEout, believe it or not. But the idea – huge floating whale-like spaceships – was so strong that the original doodle sketched during downtime became a more fleshed out piece of art!”

All of the other concept art from WipEout is fantastic, highly recommend checking it out for anyone who loves those games, I have all of this art set as my desktop wallpaper and it alternates every few hours
https://blog.playstation.com/archive/20 ... wallpaper/

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:Unused concept art from the video game WipEout,

“This had nothing to do with WipEout, believe it or not. But the idea – huge floating whale-like spaceships – was so strong that the original doodle sketched during downtime became a more fleshed out piece of art!”

All of the other concept art from WipEout is fantastic, highly recommend checking it out for anyone who loves those games, I have all of this art set as my desktop wallpaper and it alternates every few hours
https://blog.playstation.com/archive/20 ... wallpaper/

I feel that I've seen it before, not sure where from though (I don't play many games, my knowledge on that front is miniscule.)

Whenever I look at it, it reminds me heavily of some of Roger Dean's sci-fi and fantasy artwork, similarly celestial.

Happy Cycler
Gyration + intermittent pauses from my head above the scanner. I think this is the one I liked the most of a set. Most of the distortion was lower in the image though (cropped out in this instance).
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
Simulated-matrix-dimension variant of myself, or the effects of listening to too much geogaddi.

In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Friendly Stranger
The cover to the single "Loro" by Pinback. Great song.
"boards of canada synth tutorial" has appeared 9 times in your search history.

Posts Quantity
When I was a wee little lad near Waterrock Knob in Maggie Valley, NC. I still go there twice a year.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground