Adam Curtis - Traumazone

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
New AC doc incoming. Titled 'Russia [1985 – 1999] TraumaZone'. 420 minutes long. FOUR HUNDRED AND TWENTY MINUTES.

It's premiering at Telluride Film Festival this weekend, hopefully we get to see it soon.

Dayvan Cowboy
Saints of heaven preserve us, how effin' long?! :lol:

I recorded HyperNormalisation off BBC Four not long ago, been wanting to make my way through his filmography. I'm excited by this.

Dayvan Cowboy
Double post;

I'm assuming that if possible, this'll make it's way to iplayer only? That'd be a gorgeous night in for me (unless the beeb have 7 hours of their schedule to clear.)

Sherbet Head
It's your lucky day. All seven episodes land in iPlayer on October 13th.

Dayvan Cowboy
Twoist wrote:It's your lucky day. All seven episodes land in iPlayer on October 13th.

Dayvan Cowboy
Interested to check it out. I hope I like it more than Can't Get You Out of My Head. I thought Century of Self and Hypernormalization were fantastic, and Curtis did a great job thoroughly connecting a wide variety of subject matter thoroughly to his central thesis, so I was disappointed when CGYOOMH struck me as rambling, self-indulgent, and blind to a lot of relevant topics that Curtis himself was not inclined to examine due to his political biases. Still, he's a talented filmmaker and I'm not ready to write him off just yet.

Return to The Playground