This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 875
Joined: 23 Aug 2017
Location: planet daz
I feel like I'd be a happier person if I was insane.
Image
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
...
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

User avatar
Happy Cycler
Status: Offline
Posts: 3395
Joined: 25 Mar 2011
Location: BPR. OG
A.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1413
Joined: 12 Aug 2021
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
rodox_head wrote:Been years since I frequented this forum, kinda fell off the IDM wagon since, do my tastes still fit in here? :lol:
Image


1 year late. I thought for the sake of it I'd fuse together my own. List in the underneath spoiler tag.
Image

Spoiler: show
Top to bottom; left to right

1. Spiritualized - Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space
2. The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
3. Tindersticks - Waiting for the Moon
4. Genesis - Trespass
5. The Orb - Peel Sessions
6. Scott Walker - Tilt
7. Tame Impala - Lonerism
8. Jon Anderson - Olias of Sunhillow
9. Genesis - A Trick of the Tail
10. Andy Shauf - The Party
11. Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase
12. Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works II
13. The Grateful Dead - Anthem of the Sun
14. Scott Walker - Scott 3
15. The Leisure Society - The Fine Art of Hanging on
16. Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
17. Yes - Fragile
18. The Verve - A Storm in Heaven
19. Phantogram - Eyelid Movies
20. The Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics
21. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
22. The Chemical Brothers - Surrender
23. Tom Waits - Nighthawks At The Diner
24. Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygéne 3
25. Boards of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children
26. Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
27. Alex Turner - Submarine
28. Pink Floyd - The Piper At The Gates of Dawn
29. Tim Buckley - Goodbye and Hello
30. Brian Eno - Ambient 1: Music For Airports
31. Peter Gabriel - (s/t) "Melt"
32. Idles - Crawler
33. The Orb - U.F.Orb
34. Andy Shauf - The Bearer of Bad News
35. Air - Talkie Walkie
36. Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
37. Father John Misty - Pure Comedy
38. John Grant - Grey Tickles, Black Pressure
39. Tame Impala - Innerspeaker
40. The Cure - Faith
41. Grace Jones - Slave to the Rhythm
42. Simian - Chemistry is what we are
43. Vashti Bunyan - Heartleap
44. Sewerslvt - We Had Good Times Together, Don't Forget That
45. Caravan Palace - Robot Face (<|°_°|>)
46. Serial Experiments Lain: Cyberia Mix
47. Vangelis - Spiral
48. Pet Shop Boys - Actually
49. Spiritualized - Everything Was Beautiful
50. Crumb - Jinx
51. Caró - Burrows
52. Tricky - Maxinquaye
53. Gorillaz - Song Machine
54. Tindersticks - How Can Our Love
55. Steve Hillage - Green
56. Porcupine Tree - On The Sunday of Life
57. Grandaddy - The Sophtware Slump
58. Camel - Nude
59. Justice - Cross
60. Peter Gabriel - Us
61. Radiohead - The Bends
62. Yes - Fly From Here
63. Sewerslvt - Skitzofrenia Simulation
64. Kraftwerk - The Man Machine
65. Tangerine Dream - Stratosfear
66. The Flaming Lips - American Head
67. Todd Rundgren - Initiation
68. The Doors - The Doors
69. Deepchord Presents Echospace - The Coldest Season
70. FSOL - Lifeforms
71. Miles Davis - Miles Ahead
72. Steve Hackett - Defector
73. Leonard Cohen - Old Ideas
74. Thundercat - Drunk
75. Beach House - Once Twice Melody
76. Jean-Michel Jarre - Zoolook
77. Lionrock - An Instinct for Detection
78. The Divine Comedy - Regeneration
79. The Verve - Forth
80. Mogwai - Happy Songs For Happy People
81. Underworld - Dubnobasswithmyheadman
82. Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
83. The Holydrug Couple - Moon Lust
84. Sunbeam Sound Machine - Wonderer
85. Bent - Programmed To Love
86. Tom Waits - Heartattack And Vine
87. The Horrors - Skying
88. Angelo De Augustine - Tomb
89. New Order - Music Complete
90. Trellis - Green Wing
91. TWRP - Together Through Time
92. Jethro Tull - Broadsword and the Beast
93. Autechre - Sign
94. The Dream Syndicate - The Universe Inside
95. The Who - Tommy
96. The Black Angels - Death Song
97. Steve Hillage - Rainbow Dome Musick
98. Arctic Monkeys - Tranquility Base Hotel + Casino
99. Christine And The Queens - Chaleur Humaine
100. Jon Hopkins - Music For Psychedelic Therapy
Image

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 875
Joined: 23 Aug 2017
Location: planet daz
rodox_head wrote:Been years since I frequented this forum, kinda fell off the IDM wagon since, do my tastes still fit in here? :lol:
Image

There's been some revisions in the past year:
Image

200 Po Vstrechnoy would honestly rank higher but I like the juxtaposition of #1 being an artsy album and #100 being a teen pop album

Orbited insanitarium wrote:1 year late. I thought for the sake of it I'd fuse together my own. List in the underneath spoiler tag.
Image

Spoiler: show
Top to bottom; left to right

1. Spiritualized - Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space
2. The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
3. Tindersticks - Waiting for the Moon
4. Genesis - Trespass
5. The Orb - Peel Sessions
6. Scott Walker - Tilt
7. Tame Impala - Lonerism
8. Jon Anderson - Olias of Sunhillow
9. Genesis - A Trick of the Tail
10. Andy Shauf - The Party
11. Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase
12. Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works II
13. The Grateful Dead - Anthem of the Sun
14. Scott Walker - Scott 3
15. The Leisure Society - The Fine Art of Hanging on
16. Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
17. Yes - Fragile
18. The Verve - A Storm in Heaven
19. Phantogram - Eyelid Movies
20. The Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics
21. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
22. The Chemical Brothers - Surrender
23. Tom Waits - Nighthawks At The Diner
24. Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygéne 3
25. Boards of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children
26. Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
27. Alex Turner - Submarine
28. Pink Floyd - The Piper At The Gates of Dawn
29. Tim Buckley - Goodbye and Hello
30. Brian Eno - Ambient 1: Music For Airports
31. Peter Gabriel - (s/t) "Melt"
32. Idles - Crawler
33. The Orb - U.F.Orb
34. Andy Shauf - The Bearer of Bad News
35. Air - Talkie Walkie
36. Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
37. Father John Misty - Pure Comedy
38. John Grant - Grey Tickles, Black Pressure
39. Tame Impala - Innerspeaker
40. The Cure - Faith
41. Grace Jones - Slave to the Rhythm
42. Simian - Chemistry is what we are
43. Vashti Bunyan - Heartleap
44. Sewerslvt - We Had Good Times Together, Don't Forget That
45. Caravan Palace - Robot Face (<|°_°|>)
46. Serial Experiments Lain: Cyberia Mix
47. Vangelis - Spiral
48. Pet Shop Boys - Actually
49. Spiritualized - Everything Was Beautiful
50. Crumb - Jinx
51. Caró - Burrows
52. Tricky - Maxinquaye
53. Gorillaz - Song Machine
54. Tindersticks - How Can Our Love
55. Steve Hillage - Green
56. Porcupine Tree - On The Sunday of Life
57. Grandaddy - The Sophtware Slump
58. Camel - Nude
59. Justice - Cross
60. Peter Gabriel - Us
61. Radiohead - The Bends
62. Yes - Fly From Here
63. Sewerslvt - Skitzofrenia Simulation
64. Kraftwerk - The Man Machine
65. Tangerine Dream - Stratosfear
66. The Flaming Lips - American Head
67. Todd Rundgren - Initiation
68. The Doors - The Doors
69. Deepchord Presents Echospace - The Coldest Season
70. FSOL - Lifeforms
71. Miles Davis - Miles Ahead
72. Steve Hackett - Defector
73. Leonard Cohen - Old Ideas
74. Thundercat - Drunk
75. Beach House - Once Twice Melody
76. Jean-Michel Jarre - Zoolook
77. Lionrock - An Instinct for Detection
78. The Divine Comedy - Regeneration
79. The Verve - Forth
80. Mogwai - Happy Songs For Happy People
81. Underworld - Dubnobasswithmyheadman
82. Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
83. The Holydrug Couple - Moon Lust
84. Sunbeam Sound Machine - Wonderer
85. Bent - Programmed To Love
86. Tom Waits - Heartattack And Vine
87. The Horrors - Skying
88. Angelo De Augustine - Tomb
89. New Order - Music Complete
90. Trellis - Green Wing
91. TWRP - Together Through Time
92. Jethro Tull - Broadsword and the Beast
93. Autechre - Sign
94. The Dream Syndicate - The Universe Inside
95. The Who - Tommy
96. The Black Angels - Death Song
97. Steve Hillage - Rainbow Dome Musick
98. Arctic Monkeys - Tranquility Base Hotel + Casino
99. Christine And The Queens - Chaleur Humaine
100. Jon Hopkins - Music For Psychedelic Therapy

I feel like I've come to the realization that one's favorite BoC album may or may not dictate their music tastes. :)
Image
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
...
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

User avatar
Happy Cycler
Status: Offline
Posts: 3395
Joined: 25 Mar 2011
Location: BPR. OG
I haven't made one of those in years but I do want to give props to anyone who includes Fixed on one because I thought I was the only person to do that. Most people would be forgiven for thinking that's "just another remix album" and not actually knowing why it's so good.

We also have Geogaddi in the same place. I don't know if I'd still put it at no. 1 now, top four though.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 375
Joined: 12 Dec 2020
Location: Hyperreality
Image
I don't really like making these, they constantly change for me. Do I still fit in?
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1413
Joined: 12 Aug 2021
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
rodox_head wrote:I feel like I've come to the realization that one's favorite BoC album may or may not dictate their music tastes. :)


Apart from the number one spot, the rest of the top ten change around a bit. Thought I'd have a go (it'll never be finite :wink:)
Image

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 875
Joined: 23 Aug 2017
Location: planet daz
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
rodox_head wrote:I feel like I've come to the realization that one's favorite BoC album may or may not dictate their music tastes. :)


Apart from the number one spot, the rest of the top ten change around a bit. Thought I'd have a go (it'll never be finite :wink:)
Since I noticed Goodbye and Hello in the list (the only Tim Buckley album I own, but I like it) I wondered if you had seen his performance of Song to the Siren that played on the Monkees series finale.

phpBB [media]

Jonse wrote:I haven't made one of those in years but I do want to give props to anyone who includes Fixed on one because I thought I was the only person to do that. Most people would be forgiven for thinking that's "just another remix album" and not actually knowing why it's so good.

We also have Geogaddi in the same place. I don't know if I'd still put it at no. 1 now, top four though.

My modest sized CD collection has two big clumps of NIN and Depeche Mode because I loved collecting the singles for the alternate mixes and B sides. I think that kind of thing is lost these days, or at least overlooked.

Here's a NIN remix of Killing Joke's "Democracy" for the he'll of it:
phpBB [media]

I can't help but keep Geogaddi at #1 since there was a period in high school where I listened to it at least 3 times a day in full. My grades weren't stellar.
Image
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
...
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1413
Joined: 12 Aug 2021
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
rodox_head wrote:Since I noticed Goodbye and Hello in the list (the only Tim Buckley album I own, but I like it) I wondered if you had seen his performance of Song to the Siren that played on the Monkees series finale.

phpBB [media]


I had not! That is a beautiful rendition though, Song to the Siren is one of my top picks of his. It's such a reserved and vulnerable song, it pours out a lot of memories.

rodox_head wrote:My modest sized CD collection has two big clumps of NIN and Depeche Mode because I loved collecting the singles for the alternate mixes and B sides. I think that kind of thing is lost these days, or at least overlooked.


Björk had a similar release after Post with a remix album called Telegram. Credit where credit's due, it's am-a-zing! Really overlooked. Forgotten almost.

Topsters are all the rage now... (I do think it's a really creative way to show what you listen to. :])
Image

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 875
Joined: 23 Aug 2017
Location: planet daz
Image
Image
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
...
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 83
Joined: 10 Apr 2021
Location: Brazil
phpBB [media]

User avatar
Happy Cycler
Status: Offline
Posts: 3395
Joined: 25 Mar 2011
Location: BPR. OG
Magic Orange wrote:
phpBB [media]


Nothing is real.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1413
Joined: 12 Aug 2021
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
"Squid out of Water" story. :roll:
Image
Image

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 91
Joined: 30 Jul 2021
Location: Europa
Image

:lol:
1986 Summer Fire

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1413
Joined: 12 Aug 2021
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
Quadrivium wrote:Image

:lol:


Quality! As one door closes.... the same one opens. :lol:
Let's see if the next leader will be more competent. (doubt it)

The shortest PM in office as I've read, even the arsewipe newspaper Daily Star put her premiership up against the shelf life of a lettuce to see who would last longer. The lettuce won. :wink:
Image

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 91
Joined: 30 Jul 2021
Location: Europa
That Doctor reveal :o
1986 Summer Fire

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1413
Joined: 12 Aug 2021
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
Quadrivium wrote:That Doctor reveal :o


What?! What?! What?!

Brilliant but I'm now left wondering what Tennant would've looked like in Jodies clothes. :roll: 2023's going to be a corker.
Image

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1413
Joined: 12 Aug 2021
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
"Bear with me man...."
phpBB [media]
Image

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 2092
Joined: 23 Jun 2009
Location: Nijverdal, Netherlands
Finally saw Sigur Ros live 2 days ago and it was bloody amazing. What a concert.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1413
Joined: 12 Aug 2021
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
Got a chesty cough... something's going round I think.

Tried to escape being bunged up and cooped up so I went for a short walk. And the one thing I just cannot understand is this temperature. It might as well be fucking sub-zero.
A week ago it was 17°, now it's November, the oncoming winter is ALREADY trying to freeze me up!
Image

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron