THE ANGRY RANT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
bungler666 wrote:Sorry, should have posted in the drunk thread or not posted at all...

Say what you have to say my friend. We're here to listen.

In other, rather upsetting news...

https://twitter.com/NetflixJP/status/1620357552025538561

Netflix Japan is 'testing out' AI generated background art to 'combat industry shortages'. Take away what you will.

Dayvan Cowboy
Do ya know how long it took me... editing, splicing and pairing an AMV, just for the bosses who own Serial Experiments Lain to block it worldwide midway through the uploading stage?

(c'mon fellas, you buggers still allow the complete series to be uploaded and uncut on YouTube 1080p through a Creative Commons license but when it comes to me using a paltry 30 seconds of a 25 year old anime, it just ain't cricket?! Eh? :| )

Sherbet Head
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Do ya know how long it took me... editing, splicing and pairing an AMV, just for the bosses who own Serial Experiments Lain to block it worldwide midway through the uploading stage?

(c'mon fellas, you buggers still allow the complete series to be uploaded and uncut on YouTube 1080p through a Creative Commons license but when it comes to me using a paltry 30 seconds of a 25 year old anime, it just ain't cricket?! Eh? :| )

This is goddamn censorship :evil:
You must see if you can do vimeo or even try to see if you can put it here???? Love ur AMVs ;(

Dayvan Cowboy
steeldancer-x wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Do ya know how long it took me... editing, splicing and pairing an AMV, just for the bosses who own Serial Experiments Lain to block it worldwide midway through the uploading stage?

This is goddamn censorship :evil:
You must see if you can do vimeo or even try to see if you can put it here???? Love ur AMVs ;(

I've set up an easyupload.io link for you to download the original AMV file if that's ya thang! :wink:

Orange Can - Wheels Rolling (S.E. Lain AMV)
https://easyupload.io/16ljz4
71MB filesize | 2m 37s in length

Dayvan Cowboy
This crap has been going on for so goddamn long. I vividly remember the big WMG debacle from back in the day. Mention viacom to any veteran YTP'er and you might trigger 'nam flashbacks for them. That's what happens when the internet becomes monopolized into 3 or 4 mega companies.

I remember when this video began making the rounds, as well as YTP'ers Walrusguy and KroboProductions making their own parodies... back in 2009!
phpBB [media]
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
Whenever I hear this:
"If you're having these types of thoughts please reach out to someone."

Whenever I try the response always boils down to "you should see a professional"

The phrase people should be repeating ad nauseam should be:
"If you know someone who might be struggling with these thoughts, please reach out to them every once in a while"
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Sherbet Head
Some of you around here have got me trippin' on some fucking balls. And some of YOU are trippin' on some fucking balls man. Take yourselves out of the music and we'll start going somewhere. Trying to force something to happen is gonna end up with egg on your face.

Dayvan Cowboy
steeldancer-x wrote:Some of you around here have got me trippin' on some fucking balls. And some of YOU are trippin' on some fucking balls man. Take yourselves out of the music and we'll start going somewhere. Trying to force something to happen is gonna end up with egg on your face.

I get you. If music be the food of love then The Playground gets no posts. :(

Dayvan Cowboy
Why does my mobile signal quality teeter so often between 'NO SIGNAL' and one bar of 4G in such a small but specific area of my room?
If I'm on my side, I have to be huddled in a certain way to get it back! And if the sarcasm permits me, I'll go to the library to use their computers which load pages at least 10 minutes quicker. :lol:

(Also, it's a common myth that holding your phone in the air "closer to the satellites" makes no effin' difference at all but many people still try it.)

Happy Cycler
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Why does my mobile signal quality teeter so often between 'NO SIGNAL' and one bar of 4G in such a small but specific area of my room?
If I'm on my side, I have to be huddled in a certain way to get it back! And if the sarcasm permits me, I'll go to the library to use their computers which load pages at least 10 minutes quicker. :lol:

(Also, it's a common myth that holding your phone in the air "closer to the satellites" makes no effin' difference at all but many people still try it.)

Phones... yugh...

My gripe there is the text messaging system. I haven't had a phone that reliably sends me all my text messages in almost 10 years. Seems to just be getting worse.

Sherbet Head
steeldancer-x wrote:Some of you around here have got me trippin' on some fucking balls. And some of YOU are trippin' on some fucking balls man. Take yourselves out of the music and we'll start going somewhere. Trying to force something to happen is gonna end up with egg on your face.

After a neurosis-themed epiphany in my kitchen last night, I realized I was silly to say this. Please do what you've gotta do guys. I'm gonna sit back and watch in my front-row seat.

Sherbet Head
steeldancer-x wrote:After a neurosis-themed epiphany in my kitchen last night, I realized I was silly to say this. Please do what you've gotta do guys. I'm gonna sit back and watch in my front-row seat.

Neurogenesis my bad

Posts Quantity
I want to leave my job, but if i do that, i don't will have money to pay this last year of university, so i have to try and hold this shitty job till the end of the year, unless I find another job by then.

Dayvan Cowboy
Magic Orange wrote:I want to leave my job, but if i do that, i don't will have money to pay this last year of university, so i have to try and hold this shitty job till the end of the year, unless I find another job by then.

I feel for that Orange, doing something you don't want to do just to gain the cash for tuition. Mind me asking, it is a physical job or a stationery-ish desktop one?

Posts Quantity
I could explain it in my own words, but I found a definition that came out better :shock: :

A service desk is a help desk that is equipped with the resources for resolving service requests and problem calls. It gives the customer service representative or end user the ability to efficiently diagnose, troubleshoot and correct technical-support problems.

At first it was nice to work with this since it is my first job and everything was very new, but now the novelty and excitement phase is over, it is becoming very boring and meaningless for me, especially because instead of working 5 days a week, 2 of them I have to go to a course that the company forces all the other people in the company with the position of young apprentice like me, but the problem is that these apprentices are from several different areas, and my area which is service desk, is the one that has the least to do with the content given by the course, which in short has to do with commerce and sales.
In short, I have to go do these 2 things during the week and I don't find any sense in it anymore, but I have to go on.

Dayvan Cowboy
Some oblivious bugger parked his long, white and sleek Tesla sideways in the middle of my high street. But the thing that saved me giving some middle fingers in the sight line of his dashboard cam was the parking enforcement pal who slapped a luvely yellow fine on the window. Go on, take that you posh mug! :P

(More of a happy rant/angry rant crossover episode really.)

Sherbet Head
Ok so I'm an avid barbie collector right? Love Barbie. That woman is mine.
I buy a lot of my collectibles thru depop (only recently made an account) and had a bunch of Barbie-paraphernalia in my likes (which are visible to everyone). Started getting followers out of nowhere. Kinda weird cuz I'm not selling anything but whatever.

Jump to today, went by to window-shop for a bit, saw a lot of stuff I liked got sold. Boo. That sucks. But I got FOUR new followers.
got curious and was like "ok I'll go sniff you out and see why you're here n what you got." I check some of these followers and their likes, these people were SNIPING MY LIKES. THEY FOLLOWED ME SO THEY WOULDN'T HAVE TO GO LOOKING FOR THE ITEMS THEMSELVES. AND THEY WERE SNIPING THE BARBIE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why this got me so heated but I spent about an hour moving everything to bookmarks. Go find it your-fucking-self, are you kidding me??? It's one thing if we both wanted it and you ended up getting to it first, but it's a WHOLE OTHER when you fucking like EIGHT items in succession to scalp them. Fuck off. Do the work your goddamn self.

Okay, but can I say that I love that we have a Barbie enthusiast on Twoism? You're angry, but your post made my day!
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Magic Orange wrote:I want to leave my job, but if i do that, i don't will have money to pay this last year of university, so i have to try and hold this shitty job till the end of the year, unless I find another job by then.
I've worked in a department at a university for three years, so I get free tuition and I hate the work. There's no way I can pay for uni otherwise and even at that, I can only take 2 classes a semester so is it even worth it [for me]? I want to leave, but I don't want to throw away the educational opportunity. I feel you, I'm sorry you're in this predicament!

At least this will be your last year!
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Sherbet Head
2020k wrote:Okay, but can I say that I love that we have a Barbie enthusiast on Twoism? You're angry, but your post made my day!

You can be anything.
Except a scalper. :twisted:

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground