Do you have a facebook?

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Telepath
do you have a facebook? (flash animation)

Plus! It features BoC music! :D

Happy Cycler
after a while, that chick's voice drives me up the wall.

i think it's less forboding than they make it sound, though it's true that the info you put on facebook could harm you. i've heard of people being refused jobs on the basis of what their employer found on their facebook.

annoying, but fair. i haven't got anything incriminating on mine, though. well, it says i like mushrooms and marijuana a lot, but what are they going to do, come to my house and try to bust me? i've got nothing on me :P
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Dayvan Cowboy

Nova Scotia Robot
teh intrnet suks

Hills! Seriously, get out quick! Save yourself!

If you thought MySpace was bad, just wait until you've had your 72nd Zombie/Pirate/Karate Fight/Personality Test request from some twat you vaguely met once and didn't especially like anyone, but who steadfastly persists in spamming all 1435 "friends" they've hoovered up by systematically leeching onto everyone they have met, vaguely met, or once talked to at work. You might be picking up on the fact that I don't like it very much...

To summarise: Facebook is the biggest pile of hairy dogs nuts on the internet. Deleted my account a while back and haven't missed it once.
Last edited by Mexicola on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:Hills! Seriously, get out quick! Save yourself!

If you thought MySpace was bad, just wait until you've had your 72nd Zombie/Pirate/Karate Fight/Personality Test request from some twat you vaguely met once and didn't especially like anyone, but who steadfastly persists in spamming all 1435 "friends" they've hoovered up by systematically leeching onto everyone they have met, vaguely met, or once talked to at work. You might be picking up on the fact that I don't like it very much...

To summarise: Facebook is the biggest pile of hairy dogs nuts on the internet. Deleted my account a white back and haven't missed it once.

i appreciate that..but this account is only for the closest friends..and particularly the "kewl" ones that arent on myspace and are from other states/countries...and twoism..

Dayvan Cowboy
What's the point of a Facebook, just wondering? Like what would be a good reason for someone to get one?

Happy Cycler
Buh...

Nova Scotia Robot
Shadowshocker wrote:What's the point of a Facebook, just wondering? Like what would be a good reason for someone to get one?

I'm wondering the same thing. Whats the big deal about it?

Dayvan Cowboy
nothing....nothing at all..its cool until about the third time you look at your profile and realize its just another myspace to keep up with...

Sherbet Head
747Music wrote:
Shadowshocker wrote:What's the point of a Facebook, just wondering? Like what would be a good reason for someone to get one?

I'm wondering the same thing. Whats the big deal about it?

well myspace is more public and teh face is more private..
i use it to connect to my friends who are in different time zones, actually it makes getting in touch quite easy. if you're using it like i'm usin it..

but i barely use it anyway nowadays..

Nova Scotia Robot
Meh, I'm not gonna bother with it then.

Dayvan Cowboy
Me neither. I'm on the verge of deleting my myspace account, then stop using the internet, and probably the computer for that matter.

Happy Cycler
WHY? ;_;

*Tightly holds onto Shadow*
I don't want you to goooo... :cry:

Eagle Minded
I have one and I rarely touch my profile. It's just another fun way to keep in contact with friends. I've even discovered people I haven't talked to in years and honestly 1 girl I met through facebook a few years ago and im confident I've made a lifelong friend. She's amazing. Also, there's a new IM feature that makes it really easy to talk to my sister who lives in Guatemala.

It's not about assuming people give a shit about what movies I like or how many pictures of my mug I can take at slightly different angles. Not for me at least.
-Hunter

Eagle Minded
Shadowshocker wrote:Me neither. I'm on the verge of deleting my myspace account, then stop using the internet, and probably the computer for that matter.

I've considered that also. But every time I do I remember the time my ex-girlfriend broke her phone for the 6th time and came up with the idea that she no longer needed a cell phone. She claimed she was now "free." I wondered how asking her sister to use her phone all the time was.. "free."

It's not technology's fault. I'm just a lazy f**k sometimes.

Whoa, check it out. I post quantity.
-Hunter

Dayvan Cowboy
So I deleted myspace....I feel like I just finished taking a huge shit after deleting it...what a great feeling!

Dayvan Cowboy
A friend of mine was telling me about this the other day, but not in so much detail. I actually found that really pretty interesting & informative, cheers cupz.

What's the point of Facebook?
"Now son, don't worry, those were just lies Daddy told to get prescription drugs"

Happy Cycler
Infinite E wrote:A friend of mine was telling me about this the other day, but not in so much detail. I actually found that really pretty interesting & informative, cheers cupz.

What's the point of Facebook?

That site makes me both laugh and cringe; I read that list and it's tick, tick, tick...

Take a look at this Facebook group. Genius! :D
So, who is gonna be the first to try and recreate MHTRTC?

Seriously, some of these have to be seen to be believed.

Slow down...

Next

Return to The Playground