thee post when youre drunk thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Drank 5 Heinekens in a big park which faces the sunset yesterday, got pretty drunk by the end.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy

Eagle Minded
Skittles and Vodka 8) and now some Boards of Canada to help with my homework, not a bad Sunday.
You're gonna carry that weight.

Happy Cycler
Just about to go out, I have a bottle of Gin waiting for me. This can't end well.

I just really hope I don't lose my passport.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
Good friends, wine, King Tubby... kinda forgot I'm working tomorrow. :oops:

Happy Cycler
^^ yep, same here (whisky & Spacemen 3).

Happy Cycler
Oh I am so drunk. I didn't lose my passport though :D

Happy Cycler
Since virtually every time I've had alcohol in the past it was never to any distinguishable effect, I decided to drink until I was mildly drunk a few days ago for the first time in my life.

I hated it. No euphoria or anything, just a bit of visual/physical disorientation. I don't understand how people enjoy this drug. Maybe I'm using it inappropriately.

As I've been informed, whiskey and tequila have a somewhat different effect than the vodka I drank, so I'm going to try those next. Probably not for a while though.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Sherbet Head
Rodheh wrote:Since virtually every time I've had alcohol in the past it was never to any distinguishable effect, I decided to drink until I was mildly drunk a few days ago for the first time in my life.

I hated it. No euphoria or anything, just a bit of visual/physical disorientation. I don't understand how people enjoy this drug. Maybe I'm using it inappropriately.

As I've been informed, whiskey and tequila have a somewhat different effect than the vodka I drank, so I'm going to try those next. Probably not for a while though.

whiskey....shudder. try absinthe. it might make your throat constrict but at least it wont taste damn nasty.

i dont think alcohol makes anyone euphoric, just makes you loosen up thats all. i drink to get drunk, usually after a stressful week.

Happy Cycler
Ah, whisky drunk is the nicest kind of drunk. Just makes me want to sit back somewhere comfy with a stack of great old music.

I'm not drunk now, but I an en-route to Asda to buy wine...

Dayvan Cowboy
louise wrote:
Rodheh wrote:Since virtually every time I've had alcohol in the past it was never to any distinguishable effect, I decided to drink until I was mildly drunk a few days ago for the first time in my life.

whiskey....shudder. try absinthe. it might make your throat constrict but at least it wont taste damn nasty.

i dont think alcohol makes anyone euphoric, just makes you loosen up thats all. i drink to get drunk, usually after a stressful week.

Mah Gawd Whiskey is the best! No never mind! Bourbon is better!

anyhow Rodheh- I've come to the conclusion that alcohol is one of the least redeeming of the psychoactives out there but in social events and parties it is almost essential. It cuts filters and brings all sorts of conversation out. And while one is drunk it seems like the greatest thing ever.

When I'm drunk girls will not leave me alone and I find myself almost always talking to girls... I'm a hopeless romantic when inebriated... but when sober I'm so damned shy around most of them!
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Happy Cycler
Yep.

Red wine, The Velvet Underground and thinking about STUFF.

Dayvan Cowboy
I had to searcj 4 fucking pages to find this thread??? COMON!

IM DRUNK AS HELLLLL..AND IM NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE

(this is by no means a rejection of alcohol. if anything..a celebration, bitches) 8) 8) 8)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Posts Quantity
OverTheHorizonRadar wrote:Skittles and Vodka 8) and now some Boards of Canada to help with my homework, not a bad Sunday.

Is that as good as it sounds?

Happy Cycler
my keyboard is a good pillow for my head

Dayvan Cowboy
FUcking hell..getting dragged to a bar for a friends birthday, and having money you shouldnt spend always ends sour. It's like Mitch Hedberg said.."It started out as a couple of drinnks..then after beer 9 it ended in I WANT MY MONEY BACK" :lol:

Not that literal tonight..I only spent $10. But it was $10 I told myself I WOULDN"T SPEND..and I did. I'm supposed to go to fucking NXNE to see Why?, one of the most amazing bands ever and one which I am just a huge dork over as I am BoC...this just adds frustration to the fire. I don;t even know how I'll make it there at this point..just waitin' for the miracle to come at this junction ugh :?

Posts Quantity
harpoon dodger wrote:FUcking hell..getting dragged to a bar for a friends birthday, and having money you shouldnt spend always ends sour. It's like Mitch Hedberg said.."It started out as a couple of drinnks..then after beer 9 it ended in I WANT MY MONEY BACK" :lol:

Not that literal tonight..I only spent $10. But it was $10 I told myself I WOULDN"T SPEND..and I did. I'm supposed to go to fucking NXNE to see Why?, one of the most amazing bands ever and one which I am just a huge dork over as I am BoC...this just adds frustration to the fire. I don;t even know how I'll make it there at this point..just waitin' for the miracle to come at this junction ugh :?

I was pretty amazed by Why? for quite some time so I was obviously really excited to see them live, but it was a bit of a let down to be honest. Something about their music just didn't translate live as well as I had hoped. By all means, go for it though. They may put on a better show this time.

Speaking of Anticon artists/bands, I also had a chance to see Themselves, and they were fucking amazing.

I'm also wine drunk for the first time in years, and I quite like it :D
Don't be afraid to persist...
https://soundcloud.com/tiny-sparrow

Dayvan Cowboy
tiny sparrow wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:FUcking hell..getting dragged to a bar for a friends birthday, and having money you shouldnt spend always ends sour. It's like Mitch Hedberg said.."It started out as a couple of drinnks..then after beer 9 it ended in I WANT MY MONEY BACK" :lol:

I was pretty amazed by Why? for quite some time so I was obviously really excited to see them live, but it was a bit of a let down to be honest. Something about their music just didn't translate live as well as I had hoped. By all means, go for it though. They may put on a better show this time.

Speaking of Anticon artists/bands, I also had a chance to see Themselves, and they were fucking amazing.

I'm also wine drunk for the first time in years, and I quite like it :D

Right on dude. I have suspected this for a while (from watching live vids, etc) but I'm too big a fan to miss it. They also haven't played in Canada in like 3-5 years, or at least not as close at Toronto..so if I miss this, god knows how long it'll be before they come up this way again! Gonna try and get Yoni to sign my copy of Alopecia if I can.... :roll:

Also, seeing Themselves must have be wickedrad! Love them, and most Anticon. stuff :D

Posts Quantity
Blue Moon and Tomorrow's Harvest, yay
Don't be afraid to persist...
https://soundcloud.com/tiny-sparrow

Happy Cycler
Bourbon. Yummy Bourbon. Delicious Kentucky Straight Bourbon. BoC. I saw a car show with my wife too. And I bought a new turntable. Good weekend.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground