THE ANGRY RANT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
It is a great article - I remember reading it at the time (off topic, but if you don't regularly read The Quietus, DO - it features, in my opinion, some of the best writing out there on music & culture).

It is incredibly difficult to separate the art from the artist. If an artist puts so much of *themselves* into their work, the two become entwined. I remember thinking that at the time when Ian Watkins' crimes came to light (referenced in the piece). I was never a fan of his band, but given their nature a lot of young people were not only fans, but heavily *invested* in his lyrics. How do they feel now? Here was someone who a lot of teenage boys and girls will have empathised with, who they thought spoke to and for them. Horrible. I remember the editor of Kerrang wrote a great blog on the subject at the time - I'll try and track it down.

[edited to add this link] http://alisha-ahmed.tumblr.com/post/705 ... an-watkins

Happy Cycler
That slippery slope "don't re-write history" comment is made all the time by everyone, until there's something they feel uncomfortable with and then all of a sudden that idea goes out the window. Perhaps I'm used to less integrity, but that's just my common observation.

I would say that obviously there should be no sort of revisionism here musically in light of the last 24 hours. Though there was - one particular final album is no longer public, along with many other posts. I trust that this was nothing but absolutely necessary. I simply hope that beyond the actions that needed to be taken, the sudden discussion of something that happened six years ago doesn't stir up those ignorant of all of it who might stumble into it now. That's all - a feeling that something like that would be handled better in different channels - nothing to do with censorship.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Sherbet Head
Fucking peice of shit fiat punto .. should have got the fecking train :-( arghh!!!

Still need that lift Friday? ;-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Got a new job! Fuck you hotel work, stick it up your fucking dickholes!

I'm actually getting paid more money for having less responsibility and stress now.

(sorry, I get swear-y when I'm happy, or sad, or angry, or neutral)

Hey! Nice one dude!!

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Cheers ;)

Just realised this went into the angry rant thread by accident, was supposed to be in the happy one

I could move it but it sounded pretty angry lol

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
lol, both apply

Sherbet Head
I'm posting here because I apparently belong in this thread. Grrrr! :x

Dayvan Cowboy
drillkicker wrote:I'm posting here because I apparently belong in this thread. Grrrr! :x

Oh come off it :}

Happy Cycler
if you continue to kick drills, then yeah

Sherbet Head
The Telepathic Kid wrote:if you continue to kick drills, then yeah

I kick people with drills

Sherbet Head
in this male heavy forum id like to just point out how lucky you are as men, you dont have to deal with women the same way women have to deal with women. bitchy, two faced, nasty women. i can count on one hand with fingers spare how many women ive met in my 27 years that havent been wolves in sheeps clothing.

Dayvan Cowboy
Same here and I'm a guy, so there you go.

Blame our fucked up gender culture for that I guess.

In other news my new job is just as shit in a different way. I feel so hopeless.

Sherbet Head
small consolation but i feel the same way on that front aswell. chin up.x

Dayvan Cowboy
Thanks

I'm going to reconsider travelling charity work or uni just to get out of this shit for a while. Life is shit and I need an out.

Happy Cycler
do you feel you've worked out what you want to do?

Sherbet Head
louise wrote:in this male heavy forum id like to just point out how lucky you are as men, you dont have to deal with women the same way women have to deal with women. bitchy, two faced, nasty women. i can count on one hand with fingers spare how many women ive met in my 27 years that havent been wolves in sheeps clothing.

I don't really deal with people in general, so I'm good. I can count on one hand the amount of real friends I've had in my life.

All the women I talk to are people who I know for a fact to be genuinely good people, if that counts for anything.

Dayvan Cowboy
The Telepathic Kid wrote:do you feel you've worked out what you want to do?

No. I'm lost.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground