THE ANGRY RANT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Guys, I'm 41 and still have no idea. Don't panic. Things are still cool ;-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Twoism's holy emperor for life?

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm 39 and only found a job/career that I enjoy about 5 years ago. It isn't necessarily a difficult career to get into (I could have started doing it years before, but got stuck in a rut), but doesn't pay particularly well. Rather than being the one thing that I've always wanted to do, it's a job that fits with the values and views I've developed through my life so far.
I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that what you might want to do will change and shouldn't be thought of as a single (possibly unrealistic) career choice that you need to work towards. You might also be surprised what you really enjoy doing - another thing I've found is that other factors are as important as the actual job - the personalities and diversity of the people you work with, whether you work outside or indoors etc. In other words, as Mexicola says, don't worry.

HA! Love the sig by the way 8)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Cheers mate :]

Yeah I know I shouldn't worry, but I do anyway. Plus in the short-term I've got to endure indefinite misery which I've frankly had quite enough of already.

Sherbet Head
Drillkicker if youre a man then yes women would seem cool with you. Women are vile to other women for reasons unbeknown to myself in a way that they never are to men.

However if youre a woman...idk. watch your back. :)

Happy Cycler
guys are also pretty shitty to other guys, but I guess it's more the stereotype that guys will punch the shit out of you and gals will fuck you up psychologically?

I've experienced shit from both genders, and look where that's got me... mentally, anyway.

Sherbet Head
louise wrote:Drillkicker if youre a man then yes women would seem cool with you. Women are vile to other women for reasons unbeknown to myself in a way that they never are to men.

However if youre a woman...idk. watch your back. :)

I think I'll trust my own experiences before I trust an angry stranger on the internet. I'm not the person to complain to, and I don't appreciate you claiming to know the people I associate with better than I do. My advice is to not try to bring other people into your problems.

And my advice drillkicker is to check your attitude. You've not been here long yet you seem quite an angry person yourself. Louise meant you no harm, so please calm down.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Ttk yeah you're right...i mean generally i think its to do with things like gossip and jealousy where women are concerned. They scheme more. Its kind of stereotypical though and i think it depends on age a bit....i came across some pretty bitchy guys in high school to be fair - and possibly just now lol - but as an adult guys generally seem pretty straightforward by comparison? Idk. Im not a guy mind you so what im saying is probably true in reverse aswell. Im only seeing one side. But women can be pretty mean to eachother.

Im not actually angry really, its just an observation. Pretty generalised though, i obviously havent met all the women in the world. Dont take it as a personal attack, thats ridiculous.

Dayvan Cowboy
Got a job, lost a job.

Never been fired before so there's my rite of passage done I guess...

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:And my advice drillkicker is to check your attitude. You've not been here long yet you seem quite an angry person yourself. Louise meant you no harm, so please calm down.

If someone questions my judgement of people they have never met, I will take that as an insult.

louise wrote:Ttk yeah you're right...i mean generally i think its to do with things like gossip and jealousy where women are concerned. They scheme more. Its kind of stereotypical though and i think it depends on age a bit....i came across some pretty bitchy guys in high school to be fair - and possibly just now lol - but as an adult guys generally seem pretty straightforward by comparison? Idk. Im not a guy mind you so what im saying is probably true in reverse aswell. Im only seeing one side. But women can be pretty mean to eachother.

Im not actually angry really, its just an observation. Pretty generalised though, i obviously havent met all the women in the world. Dont take it as a personal attack, thats ridiculous.

I've never had any experience with people betraying me, male or female. People are pretty predictable. My sister went through a phase in high school during which she said things very similar to what you're posting, but that ended when she started going to college and befriended other people. It always amazed me how good she was at choosing horrible friends. Maybe you should just try associating with different types of people than you normally do.

Happy Cycler
"Maybe you should just try associating with different types of people than you normally do."

sometimes things like that are easier said than done.

Take it however you like frankly. Perhaps start by looking in the mirror first though.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Ttk hit the nail on the head tbh, anyone who thinks people deliberately choose to associate with horrible people is an idiot. Why would anyone? What planet is this?

And take your own advice and stop "telling people what to do" before i completely overreact about it or something else too dramatic for A FORUM

Sherbet Head
louise wrote:Ttk hit the nail on the head tbh, anyone who thinks people deliberately choose to associate with horrible people is an idiot. Why would anyone? What planet is this?

I wasn't trying to say that you're a poor judge of character or anything, but there are a lot of great people out there, so if you keep getting fucked over you should try looking for friends in different places. That's what my sister did and she's infinitely happier now.

louise wrote:And take your own advice and stop "telling people what to do" before i completely overreact about it or something else too dramatic for A FORUM

Was that directed to me or someone else?

When is the new Crystal Castles record coming out? And the Alice Glass project, for that matter? They've both released songs, good ones at that, and I feel like the releases are more just jabs at each other to prove they can do it without the other.

ENOUGH W/ THE DRAMZ..JUST RELEASE YOUR DAMN ALBUMS OR GIVE ME A GLIMPSE INTO THEIR RELEASE DATES. :cry: :x
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Happy Cycler
I'm listening to the Van Dyke Parks' record Song Cycles.

Motherfucker wrote this when he was 24.

24. I'm 23 in a month, goddamn this shit.

The Telepathic Kid wrote:I'm listening to the Van Dyke Parks' record Song Cycles.

Motherfucker wrote this when he was 24.

24. I'm 23 in a month, goddamn this shit.

Amen.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Telepath
Oh isn't life in a free country glorious? I have to pay a E400,- fine because I don't have health-insurance, something I simply can't afford. Whatever, off to debt-mountain with you. The mountain that will probably never go away. Don't they see that they just make it harder this way and now, theoretically, I have even less money to get an insurance? Whatever. I have to really get one now or they'll get one for me (a really expensive one). I want to get out of this fucked up country. For a "free" country, its pretty damn expensive, AKA, not free at all. It just makes everything really uncanny and scary.

Also, its not like the insurance here does anything. I still have to sell a kidney to get something fixed.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground