Looking for good TV series

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
rainier wrote:I think I forgot to mention Freaks and Geeeks. It only ran one season, but that was a great series.

Dayvan Cowboy
Eastbound & Down is brilliant. Has anyone one been watching the new series? Some of the best yet. :D

Telepath
I actually really liked third rock from the sun...

Sherbet Head
Cupz wrote:I actually really liked third rock from the sun...

I really want to watch this show and have been hoping they'd put it on netflix soon. But the episodes I've caught have been great.

New Seed
Check Black Mirror. It's surprisingly good and I think it will be huge

Dayvan Cowboy
Utopia is back. Best thing on TV (here in the UK anyway! I hear HBO is going to remake it.)
The soundtrack is incredible as well.

Dayvan Cowboy
I found the answer to my question. TRUE DETECTIVE. Best show ever.

I also watched the pilot episodes of Game Of Thrones, Fringe, The Following, Doctor Who, House Of Cards, The Killing, Fargo and Black Mirror and I disliked all of them to varying degrees. Guess I'm not a series person
Borné dans sa nature, infini dans ses vœux, l'homme est un dieu tombé qui se souvient des cieux.

Happy Cycler
Just finished watching Netflix's Orange Is The New Black, which was very entertaining. Just finished watching HBO's True Detective as well, which was really really good! Finishing up Boardwalk Empire right now.

Oh yeah Fargo was good and so was House of Cards! But yeah, True Detective was amazing.

Posts Quantity
game of thrones.

Eagle Minded
When I want to take a break from end of times, I always go with Fawlty Towers (I think it's on Netflix too). Seriously good fun.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Posts Quantity
trailer park boys is one of the funniest shows ive ever watched. reccomended.
Dude, have you heard the new EVANESENCE?

Dayvan Cowboy
True Detective is the best series I have ever seen. Currently watching The Sopranos, which I really like as well.

Posts Quantity
Transparent on Amazon Prime is a truly wonderful show.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/transparent

Friendly Stranger
I'd reccomend Top of the Lake for anyone who hasn't seen it. Only one season, but it's great.

phpBB [media]

Telepath
Yes, especially the 80's twilight zone seasons. Some GREAT samples in there to boot!

Happy Cycler
Animation is usually the only TV past about the early 90s I find any enjoyable.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Telepath
Rodheh wrote:Animation is usually the only TV past about the early 90s I find any enjoyable.

OK NOW IM SCARED SAME

Happy Cycler
Cupz wrote:
Rodheh wrote:Animation is usually the only TV past about the early 90s I find any enjoyable.

OK NOW IM SCARED SAME

It just seems like it man! Every fucking show that's live action that I see all seems like the same thing in its category. There's some weird factor that just utterly destroys my interest and separates them from films, which I am very interested in. Even stuff from HBO and whatnot I don't care for. Live action for me cuts out about around the end of the 90s with Mr. Show and a couple others I can't think of at the moment.

Yet there are quite a few animated shows that ran past 2000 I really enjoy.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Happy Cycler
Digging this old thread up to say - and I know I'm late to the party - how flipping great is Breaking Bad?

I don't really watch TV - Hence being so behind, but we've just got Netflix with a view to actually watching some quality TV rather than whatever crap happens to be on. But yeah - Breaking Bad; shaping up to be one of the best TV programmes I've ever seen.

And guys, there's this amazing new band you need to check out; they're called The Beatles...

Sherbet Head
I prefer better call saul than Breaking bad, i am sure peoples will just hate me for that ahah.

I recommend you all the new Netflix tv show Love, a very modern, funny and touching show. After that my favorite show is the Soprano, it s for me the only true tv show masterpiece ever made.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground