Switch to full style
Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.
Post a reply

Re: Looking for good TV series

Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:22 pm

The Man in the High Castle is pretty good, not great yet but with some great moments.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:36 pm

I rather enjoyed a cartoon show called "Panty and Stockings with Garterbelt" or "Panti ando Sutokkingu wizu Gātāberuto". Very cool, funny, naughty and stylish. Fucking HATED the music, though.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:01 pm

Thoroughly enjoying Parks and Recreation at the moment. Like The Office, but better.

Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:45 am

jcnporter wrote:Thoroughly enjoying Parks and Recreation at the moment. Like The Office, but better.

Literally...

If you can get into Zach Galifianakis' brand of self deprecating humor Baskets is really soul crushing. Loving it. Also Man Seeks Woman is in Season 2 and has the same kind of uncomfortable humor.

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:22 pm

Netflix is streaming an 8 part miniseries version of Gangs of Wasseypur, an Indian gangster movie.

While the description doesn't sound attractive, that movie is on my personal top 10, it's damn good.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:40 pm

Just finished watching the first of the series called 'Fargo', I properly enjoyed watching it and highly recommend it. The main antagonist is superb and its full of quirky characters and dialog.

Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:18 pm

Yeah, I was highly skeptical of Fargo because the movie is so good. Was not disappointed at all with either season. Much better than True Detective

Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:10 pm

Some fine shows I've seen on Netflix:
Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Fargo, True Detective, How I Met Your Mother, Sherlock Holmes, Utopia, House of Cards, The Walking Dead,...

To see:
Love, Making a Murderer, Suits, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, Sense 8, Bloodline, Misfits, The Returned,...

Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:03 am

Lost interest in Better Call Saul after a few episodes.

Making A Murderer was great, and the latest season of the X-Files was brilliant.

I still think 95% of all series are really shitty though. Don't understand how so many people enjoy such mindless drivel as Game of Thrones etc.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:38 pm

Inside No.9 is a modern Tales of the Unexpected/Twilight Zone and the best thing on TV at the moment. Still some episodes on BBC iPlayer.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:20 pm

New season of Fargo started yesterday. Gonna watch the first ep tonight. Loved the last 2 seasons

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:19 pm

jcnporter wrote:Inside No.9 is a modern Tales of the Unexpected/Twilight Zone and the best thing on TV at the moment. Still some episodes on BBC iPlayer.

Yes!! Wonderfully dark, as you'd expect to from them.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:08 pm

been getting into the A-Team lately, good stuff

I can't recommend Look Around You enough, absolutely amazing

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:21 pm

Cosmic Manta wrote:been getting into the A-Team lately, good stuff

I can't recommend Look Around You enough, absolutely amazing

Holy shit, Look Around You is hilarious. Thank you!

Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:52 am

The Expanse, The Americans, Mr. Robot, Halt and Catch Fire, Berlin Station, Deutschland '83 are the current shows I keep up with.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:01 pm

Anyone seen The Leftovers? Heard good things about it and Max Richter has done the OST for seasons 1 and 2 apparently

Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:30 pm

Scotronica wrote:Anyone seen The Leftovers? Heard good things about it and Max Richter has done the OST for seasons 1 and 2 apparently

Yes! One of the most subtle and rewarding things I've seen on TV. It can seem kinda slow but then it'll do something jaw-dropping that completely changes the way you see things. One particular episode in season 2 is possibly the best hour of TV I've seen in years.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:46 pm

^The leftovers looks intriguing, nice one.

I recently found a British series on Netflix called 'Detectorists'. Its a light comedy simply about a club of people who like to treasure hunt with their metal detectors, I dunno why I like it so much but I do haha.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgN7z0SD8v8

Looks like a chilled out thing to do on sunny afternoon in the middle of nowhere.

Tue May 02, 2017 7:17 am

The leftovers is really good yeah. Has that Lost vibe to it. Guess it's because Lindelof works on it. Really looking forward to watching Season 3, but I'll just wait until the entire season is done so I can binge it.

The latest Homeland season was pretty awesome as well.

Wed May 03, 2017 2:38 pm

vballs wrote:I recently found a British series on Netflix called 'Detectorists'. Its a light comedy simply about a club of people who like to treasure hunt with their metal detectors, I dunno why I like it so much but I do haha..

Stole a few episodes of this. It's pretty fun when they're detecting in the countryside and chase the big catch, I don't care much for all the drama on the side, but neither do the characters so that's the whole point of it I guess.
Post a reply